karrek

May 14, 2017
  • Pepper's the only one scowling, and she's the one most resistant to MC's help thus far.
One thing I found really interesting about Pepper (in a good way) is that you actually get more out of her going forward if you outright rape her than you do if you almost do but then back off. It's a very different reaction than we've gotten from any other character, and different than one might expect too. It's yet another example of the excellent writing in this game, with characters that are actually three-dimensional.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I checked few pages and didn't find dev's update and pictures from 17.04.
Tease001.png
Tease002.png
Tease003.png
Tease004.png
Tease005.png
View attachment 2560819

Dev Update! 4/17/23
Hey folks, how's everyone doing this week? First off, a big welcome to all the new folks who have joined the Patreon. Great to have you here!
In case you missed it, the Beta for Chapter Four: Part Two is . Early reviews have been very kind, and I've been diligently squashing as many bugs as possible. The $5 update will be available this Friday (4/21) and should have most of the kinks worked out. I'm working on one game-breaking bug that seems to have arisen due to a Ren'py version incompatibility, but it remains to be seen if I can fix it. I've only been able to reproduce the issue on two of my older save files, but I'd still rather fix it if I'm able.
Besides fixing bugs here and there, I also had two little logic/continuity errors that needed to be resolved. So I had to add a few lines of dialogue to the story, which required a handful of extra renders. No biggie, though.
But I'm not just working on polishing the update up for upcoming final release -- I'm also moving ahead! That means planning for the near and distant future. I'm really eager to get the next update out ASAP, with as few delays as possible. In service to that goal, I've been doing early renders just setting up scenes/lighting/props, costumes, getting new character designs dialed in, etc.
I also took a couple hours yesterday to begin writing the new opening to Chapter One. For the new folks here, once the next installment comes out, I'll be shifting my focus to redoing the first chapter. The reasons for this are varied, but it basically comes down to wanting to build out the world a little more with that first chapter, and give players more options. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to correct some missed opportunities and ugly coding in other chapters.
I'm pretty happy with how the Chapter One revamp is going so far. In the not-so-distant future I'd like to put out a little text-only demo showing what it'll look like. But that's probably a couple of weeks away, as my focus will predominantly be on getting the next update done.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with some renders from Viola's upcoming scene, as well as some stuff from the early draft of the revised Chapter One.
As always, please take care of yourselves, and thank you for your support!

karrek

May 14, 2017
I'd put it together without playing the update so don't think it was TOO spoilery. Not to poopoo Neon's concerns though.
I'm often one of the most spoiler-sensitive people I know, so I don't really have any room to say "that's not a spoiler" to other people. :LOL:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I'd put it together without playing the update so don't think it was TOO spoilery. Not to poopoo Neon's concerns though.
Yeah it's 100% one of those things where it's not meant to be a secret, buuuut enough people are still speculating that I might as well be tight-lipped about it. Especially since the update answering that question imminent.

can you ignore mason at all or it will be pushed in your face just like nicki
If you read a book and there's a character in it that you don't like, is the author pushing it in your face, or is it just a story featuring a character you might not particularly like? This game already takes a lot of work to cover a lot of different paths, variables, alignments, etc. The one thing that makes it manageable is that the story is basically linear, but how you experience it changes based on how you behave, or the choices you make.

So, Mason will remain in the story as much as the story demands, just like any other character. If you don't want to interact as much with him, you can play his friendship path, where he's just some homeless kid you're helping out. For an idea of how that might play out, look at Gabby's friendship path. You're cordial and she likes you well enough (leaving open the possibility of future romance) but you don't interact all that much.

I'm not writing off the possibility of certain choices excising characters from the narrative after a while. But, Mason's barely made an appearance in the publicly released chapters yet. He has some necessary contributions to make to the story, but after that? Who knows, he may be able to recede into the background a bit.

tuskedkibbles

Mar 27, 2018
If you read a book and there's a character in it that you don't like, is the author pushing it in your face, or is it just a story featuring a character you might not particularly like? This game already takes a lot of work to cover a lot of different paths, variables, alignments, etc. The one thing that makes it manageable is that the story is basically linear, but how you experience it changes based on how you behave, or the choices you make.

So, Mason will remain in the story as much as the story demands, just like any other character. If you don't want to interact as much with him, you can play his friendship path, where he's just some homeless kid you're helping out. For an idea of how that might play out, look at Gabby's friendship path. You're cordial and she likes you well enough (leaving open the possibility of future romance) but you don't interact all that much.

I'm not writing off the possibility of certain choices excising characters from the narrative after a while. But, Mason's barely made an appearance in the publicly released chapters yet. He has some necessary contributions to make to the story, but after that? Who knows, he may be able to recede into the background a bit.
Another patch consisting of a bitter and slightly unstable Guy jacking off onto a toy anime figure incoming.

tuskedkibbles

Mar 27, 2018
Think he means this Claire. :p
Damn. Yeah, that's definitely her. She's shredded. You got good taste Neon. Though I am once again terrified by the internet's ability to find people based on extremely little material.

danm thats unfortunate anyway we might be able to avoid the bi stuff while still pursuing her
I think he meant it more as in Guy's various pursuits are between him and Cassie (both in terms of their sibling relationship and their potential F95 relationship), not that she has a girlfriend. I might be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Damn. Yeah, that's definitely her. She's shredded. You got good taste Neon. Though I am once again terrified by the internet's ability to find people based on extremely little material.
More like luck in this case. I follow her on twitter. :p
But not sure if she is the one Neonghosts refers to since he reacted with a thinking emoticon to the message from Dark668.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I think he meant it more as in Guy's various pursuits are between him and Cassie (both in terms of their sibling relationship and their potential F95 relationship), not that she has a girlfriend. I might be wrong, but that's how I read it.
really hope your right but kinda doubt it tbh i like this game alot so far but that would likely be enought to make me stop playing

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Come on, some threesomes are in order. i.e. MCxGabbyxBrittany writes itself due to the girls past.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes