Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
A lot of topics about Nicki. But hate her or love her, she is here to stay. Game is called Friends in Need, but more realistically I think it is Nicki in need. I personally would have asked her to leave and never come back, she is not a very good friend to just ghost you for all that time...but it is what it is.

I think the game is good, I don't like the idea or hurting girls... so I just play the sap and forgive her, but maybe someday we can just ask her to go away.. but I doubt it.

Anyway I am stuck with Nicki

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The dev did a little favourite character poll earlier this month in this very thread and Nicki swept the floor.
It's the classic case of loud minority.
She is certainly the most complex character and while she isn't my favorite as a LI, split between Ashe and Britt, with major potential for Viola, I really apreciate the existence of a character like Nicki in this type of story. Really puts in perspective how much people are willing to forgive the MC for and how little they are willing to forgive a LI.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
She is certainly the most complex character and while she isn't my favorite as a LI, split between Ashe and Britt, with major potential for Viola, I really apreciate the existence of a character like Nicki in this type of story. Really puts in perspective how much people are willing to forgive the MC for and how little they are willing to forgive a LI.
MC has multiple paths to follow, so if players don't want the "dark" stuff, then they won't choose it. LIs—to a certain extent—only has one path. Nicki will always ghost MC no matter what, Gabbi will get "abused" by her ex no matter what, Britt's relationship with her mom will always be fucked up no matter what, etc.

It's not hard to understand why folks cut MC some slack if you put all above into perspective.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
MC has multiple paths to follow, so if players don't want the "dark" stuff, then they won't choose it. LIs—to a certain extent—only has one path. Nicki will always ghost MC no matter what, Gabbi will get "abused" by her ex no matter what, Britt's relationship with her mom will always be fucked up no matter what, etc.

It's not hard to understand why folks cut MC some slack if you put all above into perspective.
True, but from what I've seen skimming over random pages of discussions, some players claim that even the serial rapist MC has moral superiority over Nicki and she deserves to be abused. Basically any type of transgression against their self insert is a death sentence for a NPC, no matter how innocuous it actually is.

One more thing, the Good boy MC acts like he is entitled to get something from Nicki for his years of being friendzoned and for giving her the money, be it sexual, or romantic, so even the best version of himself has issue. I heard CH1 will get reworked? I don't know if and what changes are planned for that, tough, but as it stands right now major incel vibes at the start of story.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
One more thing, the Good boy MC acts like he is entitled to get something from Nicki for his years of being friendzoned and for giving her the money, be it sexual, or romantic, so even the best version of himself has issue.
What? You can choose to give her the money no strings attached, then she comes on to him.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
The dev did a little favourite character poll earlier this month in this very thread and Nicki swept the floor.
It's the classic case of loud minority.
I guess. I really can't see what the problem with Nicky is in the first place.

I mean, not every game is very yellow and black with stars and a full herd of chicks have nothing to do with their lives other than to line up to be banged by MC and looking at him adoringly.

If MC wasn't Nicky's first choice, let's live with that. It doesn't seem to be this hard to swallow.

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
I guess. I really can't see what the problem with Nicky is in the first place.

I mean, not every game is very yellow and black with stars and a full herd of chicks have nothing to do with their lives other than to line up to be banged by MC and looking at him adoringly.

If MC wasn't Nicky's first choice, let's live with that. It doesn't seem to be this hard to swallow.
GO STARS !!!!

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I'm always tempted to weigh in on these Nicki discussions. But I'm fascinated by how people can have such radically different reads on her, and I don't want to quash that by giving my take.

This will begin to change with the next update, in pretty apparent ways. We've mostly seen MC interact with the girls at the beginning of their journeys, but now we're seeing what their lives look like with MC in it.

Off the top of my head: Viola's path will take a dramatic divergence with the next update based on how you treated her, Nicki's position in your life will potentially be in for a big change, and Brittani will have two possible career paths the MC can guide her down. You can also expect Gabby's relationship with Madison to change a lot, based on the MC's actions.

But, I'm still trying to avoid falling into the trap of having the story fork too much, so I'm being kinda ginger with all that for now. Still, my one big regret about Chapter One is that MC aiding Nicki ultimately didn't change much for her, in a material sense. But, I'd like to see what I can do to change that, in the reboot.

In other news, I made some good rendering progress today, so I decided to do a little gabby image with different hairstyle. I think it looks a little punky, while making her read a little more mature.

NewHairWhoThis.png

Oct 10, 2022
But, I'm still trying to avoid falling into the trap of having the story fork too much, so I'm being kinda ginger with all that for now. Still, my one big regret about Chapter One is that MC aiding Nicki ultimately didn't change much for her, in a material sense. But, I'd like to see what I can do to change that, in the reboot.
I did love to hear that, looks like it will be impactful on general sense of Nicki and game through her. :giggle:

Reactions: NeonGhosts

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
This will begin to change with the next update, in pretty apparent ways. We've mostly seen MC interact with the girls at the beginning of their journeys, but now we're seeing what their lives look like with MC in it.

Off the top of my head: Viola's path will take a dramatic divergence with the next update based on how you treated her, Nicki's position in your life will potentially be in for a big change, and Brittani will have two possible career paths the MC can guide her down. You can also expect Gabby's relationship with Madison to change a lot, based on the MC's actions.
So is this all for the next update or the "road ahead" plans for those four possible love interests? :unsure:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
In other news, I made some good rendering progress today, so I decided to do a little gabby image with different hairstyle. I think it looks a little punky, while making her read a little more mature.
Wow, Gabby actually looking good with this hairstyle :whistle:
Will she actually have that look going forward ?

Now just waiting for Cassie to make her appearance.

Reactions: _Berto_

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm really hoping in the reboot it will be possible to treat Nicki badly and then regret it afterwards. Like I said before it's mostly possible to do this, but when she shows up in chapter 3 MC will treat her like crap again at first, and after switching to the friends route she forgets that he ever did anything bad to her.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
What? You can choose to give her the money no strings attached, then she comes on to him.
You are right, I don't know why I was remembering his inner thoughts to default to that, maybe because I was playing around with URM testing variations of routes and after a while they started blending in my head.o_O
He starts bemoaning the possibility of being eternally friendzoned, but he quickly stops himself and says she was his friend and she was always there for him and he can easily help her.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Still, my one big regret about Chapter One is that MC aiding Nicki ultimately didn't change much for her, in a material sense. But, I'd like to see what I can do to change that, in the reboot.
Did you imply that Nicki would still ghost MC in the reboot, regardless to how he treat her?

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
In my humble opinion, I think it all comes down to not wanting to be taken advantage of, and the story with Nicki plays out that way. At least, that's what I felt like when playing the beginning of her storyline, and then I tuned her out.

Reactions: hawk784563

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
:ROFLMAO:

At this point, all the main girls are present. Ashe's friend is planned to be more of an incidental character, so she won't have a full arc, but more like a few scenes. Unless people just love her (and I love writing her), then I may backtrack a bit and change my mind.
Well, I love her and deep down you know it in your soul you love to write her
giphy-3670010612.gif :Kappa:

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes