JGoat

Mar 15, 2022
Any way to stop Nicky running off and becoming a onlyfan idiot?

Seriously.... I love you so much, I ran away didn't come to you when I was in need and decided to go live with some dude that paid me to be his private whore stripping and mutilating my body, but I love you mc...

Fuck. I hated Nicky in chapter one, but she looked good, now I hate her twice as much and she doesn't even have the look anymore to offset that. From the dev's comments defending her from "haters" in the early days I expected some redemption and maybe it will come eventually but she doubled down on the shit-o-meter for me.
For real hopefully MC pays her to remove the tats and get a new hairdo and revert herself to her old look in the end.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
That is why the author is rewriting Chapter One. It's way too easy to hate Nicki, since we the player barely know her.

So I'll reserve judgement on Nicki for now, but I do like her camgirl look and I usually hate tattoos :KEK:
Chapter 3 is what did it for me, I could have got past my dislike of chapter 1 Nicky and I don't think it needs to be changed, but I can't get passed what she did in the 3 months and her new look, but that's on me and not the dev. I just hoped I'd missed something that could have prevented it but that's not the case, so I'll politely put the game aside and leave it there.

It's not that I think it's bad, it's just not for me.

Good luck Neon.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
NeonGhosts is it intentional that asking Viola to give the MC a "special show" requires mcdark of 500+? Don't think there's any way to reach that, whereas the requirements for just straight up raping someone are usually far lower.

(Edit: Ah, I only just noticed that there are no renders for that option, so presumably it is intended not to be available. A pity, as it is a good 'un.)

Other than that, this is an interesting and well-written game. I would have appreciated if there were more options for the MC to be manipulative, rather than either wholesomely caring or brutish, however. E.g. the scene with Gabby in 0.2: Unless you go out of your way to be excessively rude to her, it ends fairly romantically (gabbyrel = 1) which is fine in itself, but in chapter three the narration then more or less assumes that the MC is also in love with her. It would have been nice to be able to decide how the MC feels about her for yourself.

Last edited:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
NeonGhosts is it intentional that asking Viola to give the MC a "special show" requires mcdark of 500+? Don't think there's any way to reach that, whereas the requirements for just straight up raping someone are usually far lower.

Other than that, this is an interesting and well-written game. I would have appreciated if there were more options for the MC to be manipulative, rather than either wholesomely caring or brutish, however. E.g. the scene with Gabby in 0.2: Unless you go out of your way to be excessively rude to her, it ends fairly romantically (gabbyrel = 1) which is fine in itself, but in chapter three the narration then more or less assumes that the MC is also in love with her. It would have been nice to be able to decide how the MC feels about her for yourself.
That's just to hide it from the visible path, while I get the images prepared for it. Once I have the full version done (sometime in the next few hours..) it'll just be a different path the player can choose.

I don't thiiiiink the narration implies an undue amount of love. I'd have to look at it, but he basically thinks to himself that she's a nice girl, and he needs to be careful with her. Even at the store, you have the option of stressing discretion, instead of being sweet. Fuck, there's an option to come on her face and degrade her, if your love points aren't high enough to make her like the facial.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I don't thiiiiink the narration implies an undue amount of love. I'd have to look at it, but he basically thinks to himself that she's a nice girl, and he needs to be careful with her. Even at the store, you have the option of stressing discretion, instead of being sweet. Fuck, there's an option to come on her face and degrade her, if your love points aren't high enough to make her like the facial.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, I'd reloaded and gone back to pick the other path before getting that far, but just reading through the shopping scene with her, I see your point.

Reactions: NeonGhosts

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
What a great story with choices that feel really meaningful. The way the choices not only are immediately evident but how they change MC's personality and internal dialogue in between scenes is just great.

Usually play games like this with dark themes to act out dark fantasies but really find it impossible to choose those options here all the girls are too likeable.

I get peoples frustration with Nikki but she feels like a very real and flawed character and that's what makes her great. Yeah she made stupid decisions for dumb reasons (gotta prove things to myself!) just like real people do all the time. For a girl like Nikki after what shes been through to tell MC he feels like home to her - so sweet. I know some people will think she's just using him just like people think Jenny was just using Forrest Gump but Ill tell them the same thing - you're dumb and your opinion is invalid :p

Heard someone above say raping the nice Russian girl was the worst decision but even with the option to be sweet I feel like having sex with Nikki in the bathroom is just so beyond horrible.

I haven't played since 0.1 so I'm not sure if it's been discussed to death but "3 months later" seems like too short a time period for all the changes that happened for MC and Nikki. Feels like it should've been 6mo to a year at least.

And after the sweet scene with Gabbi where he tells the story of Cassie rubbing his knuckles I can't wait to meet her.

Word vomit I know but great story can't wait for more.

edit: Also I noticed how for the first chapter and first parts of 2/3 whenever Nikki calls MC her friend you can feel the pain in his expression (or just flat out he says it stings internal dialogue) but at the end of 3 when Nikki calls him her best friend he was happy with it which is just great character development. You can tell he still loves and cares about Nikki but it's not that insecure jealous love in chp 1 and he's moved on enough to be okay even if they just stay close friends.

Last edited:

Vashaldias

Jun 30, 2022
Thanks for this! I only looked at it briefly, but it looks like you got most everything. Even the Viola event that is in the script, but not available in the game. :p
Oops. I thought I'd tested each route in-game, but obviously I missed one -- I didn't notice the roadblock in the code until afterwards. Thanks for mentioning it -- corrected walkthrough now uploaded.

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
EDIT: Hey, wait. You gave me a two-star review saying my game was basically a kinetic novel bereft of choices. What're you doing asking me about future content?
Sadly, this will be par for the course.

There are certain design choices that basically guarantee bad reviews.

So much so that some of my favorite games actually get lower and lower overall rating scores every time they update because a new batch of people that are triggered by specific design choices come forth to spew their distaste. At the same time these games have a loyal following of players.

I have only played through a portion of chapter 2 so far. I thought it was well done, and I very much enjoyed it. I really felt like I had some agency, and I was invested. I look forward to playing the rest of the game.

However, the way things ended with Nicki in chapter 1 is going to net you some negative reviews. Personally, I thought it was realistic and I had no complaints, but I do think your story has already crossed into some territory that is not tolerated by a large portion of the people that play these games. You can already see some of those complaints surfacing in the existing reviews.

You should always do what you want. It is your story. If you start tailoring it based on critics complaints your enthusiasm will die or your story will become gibberish.

At some point you have to just tune out the noise.

Good luck with your game. I will write a review once I have played through more of the content.

Also, kudos for using "palpable." It is one of my favorite words, and I was surprised to see it used.

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Seems that this update broke the "already seen" text skip
Can't skip anything when starting from the beginning, good luck to know which path I played last update :ROFLMAO:

Also, I think you should use different names colors for each character, and maybe change the default color, because this purple is pretty hard to see with a transparent textbox

Last edited:

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020
As for Maya, that line after she says that does actually change, based on whether your MC is good or evil. A good one says something like, "Well, real recognize real," while a bad MC says something like, "Well, she's eight," knocking Nicki down in a kid-friendly manner.
I doubt MC could beat Carolina's Motherly Death Glare. I'm sure she's perfected That Tone as well. :eek:

(Oh yay, my MC is still Good. Sort of.) :D

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Hey Neon, you talked yesterday about dropping a version today. Is the version, that we can download from the OP up to date or will you upload a "newer" version today or bit later? Waited until now because of your post from yesterday. Dropping my thoughts about the new chapter after playing.

Reactions: anomkarsa

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Hey Neon, you talked yesterday about dropping a version today. Is the version, that we can download from the OP up to date or will you upload a "newer" version today or bit later? Waited until now because of your post from yesterday. Dropping my thoughts about the new chapter after playing.
Working on it right now! :) Should be up in the next few hours. I've got to do a few partial renders (basically changing a character's face in a few pieces of art), and then place them all in the script, and I'll get it uploaded.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]

I have only played through a portion of chapter 2 so far. I thought it was well done, and I very much enjoyed it. I really felt like I had some agency, and I was invested. I look forward to playing the rest of the game.

However, the way things ended with Nicki in chapter 1 is going to net you some negative reviews. Personally, I thought it was realistic and I had no complaints, but I do think your story has already crossed into some territory that is not tolerated by a large portion of the people that play these games. You can already see some of those complaints surfacing in the existing reviews.

[...]
I don't hate Nicki. I just think she has gone from one bad decision to another over the course of those three months (and likely before). Until she gets her mind in a better place and rearrange her life away from the shitty men in her life ( i play as a good person) Nicki and Guy shouldn't jump head first into a serious relationship.

ps:
reviews also say a lot about the users who made them. Unfortunately so long as they follow the rules nothing can be done to take them down.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Working on it right now! :) Should be up in the next few hours. I've got to do a few partial renders (basically changing a character's face in a few pieces of art), and then place them all in the script, and I'll get it uploaded.
Thanks for your work and answer. Will wait until tommorrow then (11:30pm local time here).

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I liked Gab's storyline and where it's heading(threesome with mom or fucking her daughter behind her back is awesome) but I really dislike the model. It's not a woman I'd have sex with IRL, let alone in a videogame. I just skip all her content entirely.

Such a shame...
I really enjoyed the Gabby story line and her playful attitude. But I agree about the model. Although she is super cute, she also has an anime face which is very distracting in a mostly realistic looking VN.

Also I'd get the feeling Mason isn't actually a guy but a girl (unless he's a trap, a femboy).
I thought that Mason being a girl was totally obvious? It's a situation where the reader knows more than the protagonist. Neonghosts has already mentioned that there is no trans content in the game.

That banner is a little outdated. The main cast at present is:
  • Nicki - bffwb
  • Ashe - bubbly blonde
  • Madison - Mom I'd Like to Free from financial pressures
  • Gabby - bohemian daddy's girl
  • Brittani - aspiring model, possible star-fucker
  • Mason - homeless wastrel
  • Carolina - concierge, mom, possible robot
  • Cassie - sister, you missed her
  • Pepper - spicy goth
  • Viola - sweet diervochka
  • Alex - big muscles, big personality
There will also be a few characters that aren't main lover interests, but appear for an event or two.
So at this point we are still waiting to meet Cassie, Pepper and Alex? Or have I missed something? It's been awhile so I can't remember if we've even seen a picture of the sister yet.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I really enjoyed the Gabby story line and her playful attitude. But I agree about the model. Although she is super cute, she also has an anime face which is very distracting in a mostly realistic looking VN.

I thought that Mason being a girl was totally obvious? It's a situation where the reader knows more than the protagonist. Neonghosts has already mentioned that there is no trans content in the game.

So at this point we are still waiting to meet Cassie, Pepper and Alex? Or have I missed something? It's been awhile so I can't remember if we've even seen a picture of the sister yet.
We've seen a picture of Cassie, either when you took Ashe home, or when you didn't. And you have a dream about her, if you don't get the love ending with Ashe on your first "date."

You meet Pepper when you go to the boutique alone in Chapter Three, she's the goth girl who helps guide you in your search for girl apparel. :D

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
We've seen a picture of Cassie, either when you took Ashe home, or when you didn't. And you have a dream about her, if you don't get the love ending with Ashe on your first "date."

You meet Pepper when you go to the boutique alone in Chapter Three, she's the goth girl who helps guide you in your search for girl apparel. :D
Oh, well there wasn't anyway I wasn't going to take Gabby to go shopping with me so I totally missed Pepper. I assume there will be another chance?

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes