MacLovin'

Jun 12, 2018
So guys, I’m at chapter 3-4 (I guess) of this gem of a game and things went sour with Gabby because I didn’t tell her about her father & I wanted secrecy blah-blah. Is this irremediably fucked or will things get better?

Reactions: Machete

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
So guys, I’m at chapter 3-4 (I guess) of this gem of a game and things went sour with Gabby because I didn’t tell her about her father & I wanted secrecy blah-blah. Is this irremediably fucked or will things get better?
1 st, it's unavoidable, so you didn't fuck up any choice, don't worry.
2 nd, we don't know yet if it's permanent or not but very likely things will settle peacfully, since it's a scripted plot point and not a bad route.

Reactions: MacLovin'

MacLovin'

Jun 12, 2018
1 st, it's unavoidable, so you didn't fuck up any choice, don't worry.
2 nd, we don't know yet if it's permanent or not but very likely things will settle peacfully, since it's a scripted plot point and not a bad route.
Allright, thanks! You don’t get to do anything else with her then as of last update ?

Green83rry

Nov 24, 2017
The first chapter is so far in the past now, but this frame in particular has always irked me. It looks like one of those edited pictures you see where they increase the size of a person's mouth in photoshop. There's something wrong with her mouth and I just can't formulate what in my mind.

View attachment 3964766
Yeah, same here.

I almost dropped this game when I first discovered it due to the weird faces. It's like some borderline uncanny valley response for me. It's hard to describe, but it's both comical and yet unsettling.

Thankfully I was late to the party and got to see the immediate improvement of future chapters, which gave the story time to shine.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Allright, thanks! You don’t get to do anything else with her then as of last update ?
So far so good no. If i recall it correctly you meet her once at the book shop while out on errands with Mason and you have an awkward conversation, but this could be before she get pissed, i'm not sure, and a phonecall where she's still mad. Of the latter i'm more sure. But she is not back in the story yet.

As i pointed a couple weeks ago, this game has a lot of characters and a lot of plot to deal with, and characters tend to disappear for several updates before there is some space for them again.

Reactions: MacLovin'
Apr 30, 2023
So far so good no. If i recall it correctly you meet her once at the book shop while out on errands with Mason and you have an awkward conversation, but this could be before she get pissed, i'm not sure, and a phonecall where she's still mad. Of the latter i'm more sure. But she is not back in the story yet.

As i pointed a couple weeks ago, this game has a lot of characters and a lot of plot to deal with, and characters tend to disappear for several updates before there is some space for them again.
You also meet Gabby at her house as well when you go to speak with her stepmother

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
It's just a dramatic turn for the story/relationship, that's all. :D She's supposed to be young, so overreactions make sense. Just to clarify, dev confirmed it will get resolved, so it's not an unknown. Next update, in fact, there will be an erotic scene with her!

Then the update after that will redo chapter 1 (improvements to renders & code, and also more choice how to react to Nicki, but also toning down the dark scenes so her coming back in chp 2 makes more sense). I think dev said he's going to take a break for a bit after that. Then, who knows; not confirmed just guessing, we might get more Gabby content after the chp 1 redo if her plot wasn't fully resolved in the upcoming update, like if it ends on a cliffhanger for her or something. Here's to hoping 'cause Gabby is top 3 :love:

Reactions: Green83rry and Feyd

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I hope he will end the update with a sort of midseason ending then. Something that doesn't leave you totally midstory with the perspective of having more content after long time.
To be clear, I'm only planning a one-month hiatus. So, I'll be away, but not for long. But, the goal is to make Chapter 10 kind of a satisfying break point/soft ending. Some things get wrapped up, while some new developments are teased. That's why I kept pushing my hiatus/vacation back - I really wanted to pause things on kind of a cool moment, and I always wanted the events of Chapter 10 to be that moment.

Speaking of soft endings, the big goal for next year is to wrap up Season One, and get it ready for Steam distribution. That means polishing up some rough spots (mostly in Chapters 2 & 3), adding music/SFX, adding better animations, etc. That's a few chapters away. But, the plan is to end things in a place where it's not the end, but it could be an end. Like, if I got hit by a truck after Season One, people could say, "Well, it sucks we never got real closure on some of those plot threads, but what we got is still pretty satisfying."

Please note this isn't an implication that I plan to get hit by a truck, or walk away from the game after Season One's completion. I have every intention of finishing the story as I envisioned it, which likely means another 10-12 chapters for Season Two.

dudeipoop

Sep 17, 2022
To be clear, I'm only planning a one-month hiatus. So, I'll be away, but not for long. But, the goal is to make Chapter 10 kind of a satisfying break point/soft ending. Some things get wrapped up, while some new developments are teased. That's why I kept pushing my hiatus/vacation back - I really wanted to pause things on kind of a cool moment, and I always wanted the events of Chapter 10 to be that moment.

Speaking of soft endings, the big goal for next year is to wrap up Season One, and get it ready for Steam distribution. That means polishing up some rough spots (mostly in Chapters 2 & 3), adding music/SFX, adding better animations, etc. That's a few chapters away. But, the plan is to end things in a place where it's not the end, but it could be an end. Like, if I got hit by a truck after Season One, people could say, "Well, it sucks we never got real closure on some of those plot threads, but what we got is still pretty satisfying."

Please note this isn't an implication that I plan to get hit by a truck, or walk away from the game after Season One's completion. I have every intention of finishing the story as I envisioned it, which likely means another 10-12 chapters for Season Two.
sorry if i missed it, but whens the ETA for next update?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
So this mean you 1 month break is gonna be after chapter 10 instead of after the chapter 1 rework? Just curious you deserve the break.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I can't wait to add season one to my steam library when it comes out. You guys know I'll wishlist this bad boy as soon as it's up.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
To be clear, I'm only planning a one-month hiatus. So, I'll be away, but not for long. But, the goal is to make Chapter 10 kind of a satisfying break point/soft ending.
I would say this sounds very good.

Speaking of soft endings, the big goal for next year is to wrap up Season One, and get it ready for Steam distribution.
Sounds even better, rather then starting a rework for Steam out of the blue like many.

Please note this isn't an implication that I plan to get hit by a truck,
Damn... Japanese authorities should really do something about the problem of distracted track drivers that hit equally distracted walking youngsterts and send them straight to another (fantasy) world.

Japan already has enough problems with the aging of its population.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Damn... Japanese authorities should really do something about the problem of distracted track drivers that hit equally distracted walking youngsterts and send them straight to another (fantasy) world.

Japan already has enough problems with the aging of its population.
Maybe when me and Nicki are old the truck driver problem will still be there and we can get hit on purpose and sent to a fantasy world together meet each other and fall in love again before we realized we knew each other from our past life :) , would also bring Risa too cause im greedy and don't want to pick just 1.

4.60 star(s) 200 Votes