3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
don't think these medieval hicks have much knowledge about the planet or would be presumptuos enough to name the whole world after their little settlement.
They knew enough about the planet. The vikings themselves performed trade stretching all the way to India, and didn't discover Vinland(Newfoundland) on a fluke 500 years before Columbus.

Kongespeilet - Norway ≈1250AD said:
"Nå skal du skjønne av dette at jordkretsen er som en ball, og den kommer ikke alle steder like nær solen. Der hvor det runde hjulet dens kommer nærmest solens vei, der blir det aller hetest. Og noen av de land som ligger rett imot dens loddrette stråler, er ubebyggelige."
"Now you will understand from this that the earth's circumference is like a ball, and it does not come equally close to the sun everywhere. Where its round wheel comes closest to the path of the sun, there it will be the hottest. And some of the countries that are directly opposite its vertical rays are uninhabitable. "
The circumference itself has been known pretty accurately(±3%) since around 200BC thanks to Eratosthenes.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
They knew enough about the planet. The vikings themselves performed trade stretching all the way to India, and didn't discover Vinland(Newfoundland) on a fluke 500 years before Columbus.

The circumference itself has been known pretty accurately(±3%) since around 200BC thanks to Eratosthenes.
The Vikings in general knew fuck all about Erastothens, although, admittedly the Vikings employed by the byzantine court might have come into contact with some greek philosphy. But those who fought in varangian guard, survived it and came home were usually fairly rich and famous afterwards, becoming donors to the church, owning land etc. These guys seem rather less successfull than that.

Reactions: SPodvohom Games

Moshhe

Jul 2, 2018
And if you still don't believe it, here's a video where you can see how changing the monitor's refresh rate (from 144 to 50 then back to 144 Hz) changes the dot speed
I believe you!
Since I use a 144 Hz as well, It did indeed go that fast.
I didn't even realize that was a bug not a feature. Makes sense in hindsight.

Reactions: SPodvohom Games

Pulse12

Sep 7, 2018
yeah same, cant talk to Yoran, game breaking glitch. Also cutting down wood is totally glitched. Everything else works fine

Reactions: Lang10

SPodvohom Games

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Figured it out. Sorry about that. Is there a known glitch for after you buy the beer though? Yoland is in the house but there's no option to talk to them
This version end after you buy a beer, i forgot to put notice there.
I already maked new version, it will be available for everyone in a few days.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: GrabberWalkie

Johnny2Shoes

Nov 8, 2018
definitely seems promising, I like how everything is pov as well.
getting enough money for the beer is a bit tedious however, and the fights seem to be a bit too random for my liking. The only other critique that comes to mind is the grammar, but I understand that english probably is your second language.
Other than that the framework for a pretty good game is definitely there, it just needs a bit more polish. (Though I understand this is very early in development.)

SPodvohom Games

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
definitely seems promising, I like how everything is pov as well.
getting enough money for the beer is a bit tedious however, and the fights seem to be a bit too random for my liking. The only other critique that comes to mind is the grammar, but I understand that english probably is your second language.
Other than that the framework for a pretty good game is definitely there, it just needs a bit more polish. (Though I understand this is very early in development.)
Yeah, later I want to add more interesting random events in the forest, as well as sex-based earning options. And I should to work more on my English.)

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes