From zero to NSFW developer in 3 weeks. My story.

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
You can fit the best gpu in that budget so yeah. I'd say that it's more than enough for a decent rendering machine :)

It depends on what you want to do with the pc. Will it be used for rendering only? Do you want to squeeze out every inch of performance out of the pc? Will you occasionally play games on it? If so, how demanding are the games you're interested in? Do you want to use the pc while rendering or leave it be?
Yea I would prefer to use it while it renders if it is possible. And yea I might want to play some games in the future, but not super demanding games. What video card would you suggest to buy? There is just too many to choose from...

D

Deleted member 207364

So a 2080 ti is the best and most expensive gpu, it's around 20-30% faster than a 2080 depending on the program it's benchmarked in. Apparently, a rtx 2070 sometimes performs near a 2080 and even edges it out in V-Ray. Sources: - - . This is fucked up.

I can't find a proper iray benchmark, mostly because daz doesn't have a standardized benchmark and to my knowledge, rtx cards only work in daz 4.11 beta. Also I can't find a comparison between vray and iray so it's hard to say how the 2070 will perform relative to a 2080 in daz3d but I believe that the engines are similar therefore the performance should be similar in iray.

Here's is an interesting thread about how different hardware performs but the results I've seen vary wildly, haven't looked through it all cuz 40+ pages long

Conclusion, pick whatever card you can afford and go with it. More expensive = better (in most cases). Get an IPS monitor cuz better color accuracy than TN. VA can fuck off and PLS is almost the same as IPS . If you want to use the pc while rendering then just disable cpu rendering in daz3d. Turn it on when rendering and not using pc. As for cpu I'd go for a ryzen 2700x which offers similar rendering performance to a i9-9900k while being about 200 euro cheaper. The i9-9900k is better for gaming. Source:

Going for an amd cpu now will let you upgrade your cpu to a 3000 ryzen series if you ever would want to without buying a new motherboard. Can't say the same for intel.

A rtx 2070 is around 540 euro.
A rtx 2080 is around 730 euro.
A rtx 2080 ti is around 1100 euro.
(All prices depend on which store you buy from and what model, duh)

ugh there's so many different products and use cases that it's reaaally annoying to dig up the good stuff

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you pretty much have to get 3200 mhz ram if you get a ryzen cpu, its performance is dependent on fast ram.

Reactions: ViNovella

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
So a 2080 ti is the best and most expensive gpu, it's around 20-30% faster than a 2080 depending on the program it's benchmarked in. Apparently, a rtx 2070 sometimes performs near a 2080 and even edges it out in V-Ray. Sources: - - . This is fucked up.

I can't find a proper iray benchmark, mostly because daz doesn't have a standardized benchmark and to my knowledge, rtx cards only work in daz 4.11 beta. Also I can't find a comparison between vray and iray so it's hard to say how the 2070 will perform relative to a 2080 in daz3d but I believe that the engines are similar therefore the performance should be similar in iray.

Here's is an interesting thread about how different hardware performs but the results I've seen vary wildly, haven't looked through it all cuz 40+ pages long

Conclusion, pick whatever card you can afford and go with it. More expensive = better (in most cases). Get an IPS monitor cuz better color accuracy than TN. VA can fuck off and PLS is almost the same as IPS . If you want to use the pc while rendering then just disable cpu rendering in daz3d. Turn it on when rendering and not using pc. As for cpu I'd go for a ryzen 2700x which offers similar rendering performance to a i9-9900k while being about 200 euro cheaper. The i9-9900k is better for gaming. Source:

Going for an amd cpu now will let you upgrade your cpu to a 3000 ryzen series if you ever would want to without buying a new motherboard. Can't say the same for intel.

A rtx 2070 is around 540 euro.
A rtx 2080 is around 730 euro.
A rtx 2080 ti is around 1100 euro.
(All prices depend on which store you buy from and what model, duh)

ugh there's so many different products and use cases that it's reaaally annoying to dig up the good stuff

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you pretty much have to get 3200 mhz ram if you get a ryzen cpu, its performance is dependent on fast ram.
Thanks! I'm really out of the talk when it is about the hardware... I will use your guide!

D

Deleted member 207364

Thanks! I'm really out of the talk when it is about the hardware... I will use your guide!
Glad that I could help :)

Take your time when picking parts, maybe create another thread in this forum or a pc related forum/subreddit. Something like /r/buildapc can be very helpful if you're looking for more information and/or advice.