Others Abandoned Fuck Nights at Fremy's [v0.1.7] [BACK DOOR studio]

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes

copperwasp

Oct 6, 2021
grinding out 150 tapes for 3 scenes is kind of lame, but the art is great so I can't complain

so far though I can't see a reason to actually "complete" each night? you get money, which makes completing future nights easier, but I can just speedrun to all the tape locations which takes way less time. would be good to incentivize players to actually play the game (bonus tapes for completing a night, unique h-scenes, etc)

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE CONTROLS???
Arrow key movement, mouse shop?? WHAT?
HAHAHA

Looks like it runs in vulkan, which is cool. Tho what engine is it?...hmm.
Wtf is this? some kinda chromium html5 game engine? its acting like a browser...
View attachment 2579374
Mmm, yeh hacking the mainfraim music plays.
Dafuck.
Is it Electron?'

Edit: Looked at the files and seems its NWJS

Last edited:
Reactions: b00marrows

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
Interesting, so its some kinda Javascript/html5 engine.
Like a gimped browser in a little box.
Pretty much, It's very common these days for apps and even games in this case
biggest example being apps like discord and even steam iirc

GuardianWolf

Apr 8, 2018
not worth to play currently you crash most times for any reason when game over or doing a new shift , you dont see a game over scene

Zenniiiii

Mar 22, 2023
For a second I thought this might be just another 3d one, but at least it being 2d is (as far as I know is the only one) setting it apart from the other ones, so will keep an eye on this one.

Good luck to the Dev
I swear, we should at least have a ren'py FNAF game but we don't. instead we have the laggiest and worst 3d games.

PlayerUwU

Jul 25, 2022
Trying to play the game but it's just a black screen, no error, no anything, it's been at least 10 minutes of that.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Looks like it runs in vulkan, which is cool. Tho what engine is it?...hmm.
Wtf is this? some kinda chromium html5 game engine? its acting like a browser...
View attachment 2579374
Mmm, yeh hacking the mainfraim music plays.
Dafuck.
Is it Electron?'

Edit: Looked at the files and seems its NWJS
Interesting, so its some kinda Javascript/html5 engine.
Like a gimped browser in a little box.
The engine is actually . The window icon while the game is running is the giveaway. It's a no-code engine, much like GDevelop, and both export to Electron (fuck this shit with a morningstar, Neutralino and Tauri are infinitely better), to make it multiplatform more easily

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Tried the game a bit, currently it's not enjoyable at all, but it might be fun in the future. If anything, given its nature as a JS game, modifying it if it gets abandoned is a matter of opening the "package.nw" file with 7zip and editing stuff there.

Movement is slow (maybe having a walking animation with the right pacing might alleviate this), unlocking stuff takes forever at the moment (50 tapes when you can only find ~7 per night). I gave up on night 3 and just extracted the game files instead.

From a design perspective, I'm not fond of using videos for showing messages. The following are videos:
* Opening warning (18+ game, bla bla)
* Night shift start
* -100$ message after being caught
If you ever need to change them, you gotta make a new video and use it instead. Compare that to just changing a line or two of text and running the game again.

Also, some of the images left me scratching my head. shared-0-sheet0.png and shared-0-sheet1.png are massive 8099x7458 images, for what is essentially the map and the wall boundaries. I suspect the empty space is for future growth, but using a tileset, tilemap, would probably work much better.
shared-1-sheet0.png and shared-2-sheet4.png seem to be the same 2314x1461 pure black background. Why? And the several images that are 1920x1080 having nothing but a bit of overlay text. Why use images as text? Why so much wasted space?
Granted, the images are very light in storage space, but, especially for the former case, of images as text, that's future work begging to happen.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
The engine is actually .
Oh interesting, nice info in the other post too.
Yeah seems simple enough, lets hope for speeds updates.
Tho i have an EARIE feeling about how similar it feels to spooky milk life now i think about it, started out well but that games dragged on stagnated and rotted at this point.
I guess we will see how updates go.

Kriegher

Aug 4, 2020
i cant play, after selecting start the night from the computer i got an infinity black screen

Reactions: Filos
2.80 star(s) 6 Votes