Daz Full body geo shell + third party gens issue

nipwip

Aug 14, 2019
So, I've been mulling over how to use gens (NGV8, GP, etc) on a character that requires a full body geo shell.

The textures transfer over correctly when the full body geo is removed, but I get the dreaded grey nani when it's applied back, regardless of the gens type. Shell fix doesn't fix it, either.

Is this an issue inherent with multiple shells in Daz and if so, is there a work around or some (no doubt convoluted) way to manually fix it?

It's not necessarily a big deal, since it's mostly a learning exercise of the same caliber as slapping tits on a molerat, but all the same, I figured I'd check to see if anyone has a solution.

Thanks.

nipwip

Aug 14, 2019
I found a solution to my own problem.

It turns out I was looking for a far more complicated solution than was required.

This video was what clued me into my own error, so I'll leave it here in case someone searches for a similar problem.

nipwip

Aug 14, 2019
So, similar issue. I've got this transparent layer in the shape of the GP prop.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of it? Otherwise it's looking about what I wanted.

Blarg.jpg

nipwip

Aug 14, 2019
That worked, leading to another problem.

Due to the fact the model requires two full body shells to produce the effect and both contain parts of the character necessary for (manually) coping over the required textures (GP automatical chooses the characters human skin bits, not the exterior shells). So, I either have the metal shell asset (pictured) and lack the body/skin asset (the open area where you can see inside the character), but not both.

I've tried adding different parts from the character, it seems to be either one way or the other. I've tried fiddling with a home brew geoshell to cover the holes, but ends up interfering with the metal geoshell... likely due to there being five shells total over her nani.

Ugh.jpg