Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Queen Zexiara

Oct 20, 2019
It's the $12 paywall that kills me. $12 for one new animal head. No, not a full indie game release, just the animal head (and other body parts). That's the only criticism I have. It's also literally the only reason I have an account on this website. Compare it to Smash Bros where they charge $6 for the characters, the stage, the music, the Mii costumes. They're an AAA company with a much larger supportive fanbase yes, but I hope my point is still well-portayed. $12 is too pricey for the jump in amount of content each release has been providing far, and I don't believe "The Game Being Free when it releases" justifies it. I would support $4 - $6 dollars like any DLC for an indie game I love... but $12 for a crocodile head? and $12 more for a squirrel head the next month?

This aint Overwatch 2, this is Yiffalicious 2. New skins shouldn't cost $10+ to access, Odes. ♥

We're at a state where I don't even desire the download links anymore since already shows off everything the current alpha has going for it. Frozen Poses, no interactive animation (as creative as they are thanks to the FurFangGang). It's far from my intention to start controversy as my hope is that everyone continues to push for the existence of dream yiff engine that beats SFM; I'm only critical because I've cared for this franchise since Femboy Fox and Unnamed Cat were announced for YL1. I see their passion, rawness, potential. I will always mentally support this concept that O & D have been working on since 2017, and I acknowledge their financial well-being depending entirely on this project and will be optimistic about FurryVNE as there is nothing else as dynamic as it in the Yiff Industry, but 12 dollars.

T w e l v e D o l l a r s

$12 A RELEASE

... JUST FOR A CROCODILE HEAD MIND YOU

Last edited:

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
It's the $12 paywall that kills me. $12 for one new animal head. No, not a full indie game release, just the animal head (and other body parts). That's the only criticism I have. It's also literally the only reason I have an account on this website. Compare it to Smash Bros where they charge $6 for the characters, the stage, the music, the Mii costumes. They're an AAA company with a much larger supportive fanbase yes, but I hope my point is still well-portayed. $12 is too pricey for the jump in amount of content each release has been providing far, and I don't believe "The Game Being Free when it releases" justifies it. I would support $4 - $6 dollars like any DLC for an indie game I love... but $12 for a crocodile head? and $12 more for a squirrel head the next month?

This aint Overwatch 2, this is Yiffalicious 2. New skins shouldn't cost $10+ to access, Odes. ♥

We're at a state where I don't even desire the download links anymore since already shows off everything the current alpha has going for it. Frozen Poses, no interactive animation (as creative as they are thanks to the FurFangGang). It's far from my intention to start controversy as my hope is that everyone continues to push for the existence of dream yiff engine that beats SFM; I'm only critical because I've cared for this franchise since Femboy Fox and Unnamed Cat were announced for YL1. I see their passion, rawness, potential. I will always mentally support this concept that O & D have been working on since 2017, and I acknowledge their financial well-being depending entirely on this project and will be optimistic about FurryVNE as there is nothing else as dynamic as it in the Yiff Industry, but 12 dollars.

$12 A RELEASE

i don't think we can objectively compare nintendo and Odes/Dogson games, not just because they are AAA compagny vs 2 indies dev (even it's speacking by itself), but because this is a different type of product. (this subject is already exausted, i won't argue anymore on that, and it won't change your mindset on this =)

i understand your feelings like most of ppl here complain and i really appreciate you try to take it objectively and being respectful.
if you're waiting for the animation updates like most of ppl on this forum yeah i understand you are upset or disappointed. even it's not really their fault right now (unity bug). for me again i'm happy with it cuz i have the CCtool i dreamed.

but i'm not really agree on the purpose of paying on patreon.
we paid 12$/month to support them in their project, to make it a reality, not for the content they release right now.
i think they've show me they are worth my financial support (even i've stopped it this month cuz i need to eat and paid my bill) in the past 2 years.
Like i've paid around 140$, it's not for having acces to the release but trully to support them. the goal is different y see ?

and yeah FFG are really incredible, i've discuss a lot with one of them on facial expression for my characters and it's really help me. but don't forget other creator some of them are really good^^

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020

$12 A RELEASE

The only reason a niche product such as this is possible at all is because people are supporting it with money each month. If you were making a one time purchase, the financials would cover the development cost of maybe a month or two. That's not enough time to implement a product such as this. So FuzzyFerret is right on the money here - you should see it as crowd funding rather than paying for a service.

Compared to other projects, the research and development that has gone into this is shocking considering the team size. Given how you can earn a lot more money doing something easier, like implementing one character with some pre-made animations and paywalling it, it's a miracle anything like this exists at all. Why would anyone spend this amount of time and effort doing all this work if they could simply do something easier and yet earn more money?

If you ever wanted to know the reason why seemingly no one else is developing this type of application, read the previous paragraph again.

For all intents and purposes, the only thing we should be stuck with are projects drip feeding pre-made characters and pre-made animations, and yet we are not, and the only reason why is because people are generous enough to support a grander vision.

Soggaroth

May 4, 2018
So is this just a model maker/poser at this point?
No, they're making a tool to create short stories/visual novels with.... that's it.
I've dropped this project long time ago, but i'll still take a peek at what's changed from time to time and to be honest, nothing much changed.
Plus on top of everything this is not very casual friendly, you HAVE to know what to do in order to make your own character, unlike YL1 where you chose characters and had your fun with creation.

Reactions: tester72

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
what's new in this update?
always love N/A updates

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019
No, they're making a tool to create short stories/visual novels with.... that's it.
I've dropped this project long time ago, but i'll still take a peek at what's changed from time to time and to be honest, nothing much changed.
Plus on top of everything this is not very casual friendly, you HAVE to know what to do in order to make your own character, unlike YL1 where you chose characters and had your fun with creation.
You can download premade characters, edit, and play around with. Already. At this state. So i don't think it's not "casual friendly" enough

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
I really hope the femboy fox makes a come back in this one, think he was my favorite.

that's the wonder of have not 1 or 2 artist but a whole creative community =)

You can creater scenes with this already like the first version or still just doing bodys and nothing more?
no offical way the past 2 update i dunno for this one but some ppl have done it (they've make a studio with a couch like the second character i've posted :

Last edited:

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
When this first got uploaded i was hoping it would be like the first one but more preset characters to choose from or make your own with character creation and make scenes like the original.
Then it went the direction it did and forget posing, i can't even figure out how to change body groups among other functions.
It's well outside my know how.

goblinraider

Aug 18, 2017
Can you pose two characters together yet?

I'd rather they release that since they have it mostly working instead of waiting another year for them to finish animations.

• Angry
Reactions: Krynh
3.90 star(s) 9 Votes