RPGM Abandoned Futa in the Police Academy [v0.3] [FutaBox]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
where do you find the police uniform?
Like matsc said, you need to go to the barrack and then talk to the "grandpa" (it's not that old. It's just an "affectionate" nickname). After the whole dialogue, you'll need to go to the lockers on your right (always inside the barrack) but should show it automatically, since a dialogue will said that you'll need to check once in a while for the "bright" thing that have like stars around for quests and new uniform - when it will be unlocked. That is your locker where you will find your first.

Sera Zios

Nov 26, 2017
Okay, I played what there is currently and it looks really good, so kudos on that :)
I will reiterate the criticism of RPGM though, especially in such games it creates a lot of unnecessary effort to run to different places. It also forces creators to spend much time creating these places when most people don't care about it anyway. Since it's still early in development, you should really consider switching to RenPy instead. Games like Summertime Saga show how versatile the engine is to make such games

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
Unfortunately, I'm the worst when it comes to review something because I honestly don't know what words use or something like that.
However, for now the first thing that comes to mind is the art: I've really enjoyed seeing those models but this was something that I already knew and liked since I started to watch your thread in another section, before you could start this whole project. The gameplay for now it's generic, it's nothing special so... I don't know if you have something specific in mind. For example, like Tower of Trample..? Where there are the animation in "real time" when the MC gets captured in a determinated moves by the enemy? Or like Paiotsu Break of Megrim? That would be probably good. And last thing, the sprites of the char are really good.

Just some "technical" advices: firstly, the fact that the game upon clicking on the .exe, start running in full screen. I know that there are programs out there that modify the size and probably you can do even with some files within the archive of the games, but maybe it would be better if this was an option from the start. I mean... not everyone has a brief moment of peace, if you know what I mean - and playing with a small window on the left/right it's the best XD
The second thing, are some little mistakes in the dialogue between Victoria and the cadets/Sasha. Just some words that are or incomplete or are mixed together. Third, and I think that it's the last one for now.. after completing the training/scene with Victoria the screen goes terribly red. Initially I thought because my health probably was low.. or the clothes were destroyed but since Sasha repaired herself afterwards and the health was full, I started to think that maybe was some error or something. Fortunately this last just a few seconds so nothing unbearable, but let me know if I guessed it or was an error XD
Aaaa...that's not what I asked you. I didn't want you to describe my game to me, but tell me what you liked in Futanari Quest, it was on RPGM too.
Oh God, that's a lot of criticism! (Laughter)

If you tell me about some cool and interesting things from Futanari Quest, it may give me some good ideas.
Okay, next question is: are you a native speaker? If yes, I'm begging you to send me pm with screenshots of my mistakes and your correction. It will really help me to make text better.
About the red screen, you hadn't guessed. In many games this implies a sunset.
Why doesn't anyone tell something about Shodan? (If you only knew how long I've been drawing her)

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
Okay, I played what there is currently and it looks really good, so kudos on that :)
I will reiterate the criticism of RPGM though, especially in such games it creates a lot of unnecessary effort to run to different places. It also forces creators to spend much time creating these places when most people don't care about it anyway. Since it's still early in development, you should really consider switching to RenPy instead. Games like Summertime Saga show how versatile the engine is to make such games
Firstly, coder, who is now making the game, has yet to learn it.
Secondly, RenPy has rules different from RPGM and greater demands on a game because most people make games on RenPy or Unity.
And above all, drawing speed. Now it's not as high as I want it to be, and RenPy implies drawing of backgrounds in addition to characters, lots of them. At the present time, I lack the experience for such amount of work.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Aaaa...that's not what I asked you. I didn't want you to describe my game to me, but tell me what you liked in Futanari Quest, it was on RPGM too.
Oh God, that's a lot of criticism! (Laughter)

If you tell me about some cool and interesting things from Futanari Quest, it may give me some good ideas.
Okay, next question is: are you a native speaker? If yes, I'm begging you to send me pm with screenshots of my mistakes and your correction. It will really help me to make text better.
About the red screen, you hadn't guessed. In many games this implies a sunset.
Why doesn't anyone tell something about Shodan? (If you only knew how long I've been drawing her)
Oh... OH. I thought that you were asking about your game and not the other one xD
Well.. look at the bright side: these are just some criticism and small one's since within other threads for other games are far, far more numerous than these one's.

About Futanari Quest, unfortunately there's not much to describe about and suggest you because in the end the battle phase was the same as the other RPGMaker games so nothing really unique and "emotional" in a certain sense. Also everything revolved around this female protagonist whose objective was to impregnate at least 100 women (If I remember correctly. It's been a long time since I've played it) or.. something bad would've happen to her, totally different from this point of view about your game, your story. So... unless you plan on put a little pregnancy for some char - if you can.. let's say, romance some of them (and don't know if you're planning on doing one ending or more than one. If one only, are you planning on making more romanceable char like Dragon Age and such where the ending is one and only but along the way you can choose which char to take with you to the end) - I can't really worth mentioning anything about Futanari Quest other than the "preg idea". I apologize :FeelsBadMan:
And for your other question, nope, I'm not native speaker. I'm mostly Italian but.. I still handle it quite well. About what I said, the dialogue, it's mostly some small oversight error like:
- "Allright" instead of "Alright" (but maybe this was on purpose)
- "Beautifl" instead of "Beautiful"
- "Ctiminal" instead of "Criminal"
- Also, now that I've noticed it (don't know why I didn't before), there's a point where a word can't be readen. When Victoria mentions the fact that criminals/perverts started to have sexual intercourse with the officers, there's one word that you can't read - I've played the game with the small screen. So I don't know if with the larger one, the default, you can read the word. I didn't try it.
And nothing else!
So.. I was wrong about the red coloring. I would've never guessed that was the sunset. Mostly because not everyone puts this small detail in their games, only night and day at the most xD

Hey, Shodan design it's pretty cool :eazyHype:

Reactions: ponyguy

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
Yes, finding the clothes was not easy. It took a lot of clicking around to get the man in the cage to address me and then the game moved on. I have seen a few spelling errors. One spot at the locker, the computer's name changed to Russian and then back. I enjoyed it and look forward to future outings as you progress @FutaBox

Sera Zios

Nov 26, 2017
Firstly, coder, who is now making the game, has yet to learn it.
Secondly, RenPy has rules different from RPGM and greater demands on a game because most people make games on RenPy or Unity.
And above all, drawing speed. Now it's not as high as I want it to be, and RenPy implies drawing of backgrounds in addition to characters, lots of them. At the present time, I lack the experience for such amount of work.
I'm certainly no expert but aren't there some default backgrounds for RenPy? I certainly see the same locations pop up in different games and judging from the comments in this thread, I guess most people would happily trade generic backgrounds for no RPGM

That said, this game looks great and there are only few HQ futa games available, so keep it up, no matter which engine you use. :)

Deximay

May 29, 2017
yay love me some futa, you all homophobics have plenty of games already, stop shitting on this one and the ones alike.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Is there even a first task? Also what the heck is a "casern" lol
Maybe he meant barrack? And sometimes google translate give "caserm" if you translate your word into english (this time, the place where the police is). Also, as of now no, there isn't a first task. Even if Shodan gives you that, once you talk with the police officer the game ends there.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Maybe he meant barrack? And sometimes google translate give "caserm" if you translate your word into english (this time, the place where the police is). Also, as of now no, there isn't a first task. Even if Shodan gives you that, once you talk with the police officer the game ends there.
I believe the dev is Italian, so "caserma" would be Barracks. "caserm" just confuses translation bots.

So yeah, its a barrack. Sleepy dormitory type place.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
casern
/kəˈzɜːn/
noun
1. (formerly) a billet or accommodation for soldiers in a town
Word Origin
C17: from French caserne, from Old Provençal cazerna group of four men, ultimately from Latin quattuor four

Source: Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012

D

Deleted member 229423

look at my post, i even wished people just the very best. hope they enjoy the game and have lot of fun with it. Not sure why you start screaming like i took your pacifier. Calm down, all the argue and hate it not worth the effort. You will learn that eventually.
For real though, a footnote of logic does not offset the bulk of it being bitching about something being ruined. It's obvious where the priorities are, that's just trying to qualify yourself after the complaint because you know it wasn't worth saying here. An insult with a compliment is not a compliment. >_>
Seriously, you'd do better to just keep your gob shut next time rather than waste words on a thread you don't like. You will learn that eventually.

Reactions: GandiIV

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Good art and even though I'm not really into futa, this still has some good potential.

Fix the English and im down

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Futa ==> Good

RPGM ==> Bad
And another person tars all with the same brush. RPGM is only as bad as the developer. Much like every other development suite out there.
I'm with Rozhok. Except for the fact that I LOVE futa. Fix the english please!

Reactions: mesoru

el_duderino

Nov 30, 2017
I don't know what all the hate for RPGM is about. It works fine for me.
And if the Dev is more comfortable with RPGM, just let him stick with it.

I'm certainly no expert but aren't there some default backgrounds for RenPy? I certainly see the same locations pop up in different games and judging from the comments in this thread, I guess most people would happily trade generic backgrounds for no RPGM
Personally, I'm tired of the Ren'Py stock backgrounds. They are in every fucking game!!
And imho, the RPGM "artstyle" fits the drawings of the dev much better.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I GOT THAT SHODAN REFERENCE BTW.

can't sneak your nerd references past me, buddy

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes