Jdzavrat

Aug 28, 2020
Corpo Life is not abandoned and still in full development and an update will be released next week
This is exactly why I dropped Patreon for Corpo. Trying to do two things at once leads to slower releases in both. Unless you magically pause time when working on the 'next' game. Most of the posts became about a game I wasn't even supporting...

• Angry
Reactions: KiraJames

Gakko_dev

Vice President
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
This is exactly why I dropped Patreon for Corpo. Trying to do two things at once leads to slower releases in both. Unless you magically pause time when working on the 'next' game. Most of the posts became about a game I wasn't even supporting...
2-3 releases a month not fast enough for you? Around this whole year corpo life development since November last year, mention a month, where I paused releasing Corpo Life?

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I won’t say working on two releases is hard.

If the code is unified for two games, then the work goes quite easily. Also content, both games have the same theme.
The difficulty will be in terms of writing the text. But in theory there will be problems with storing several versions of different games on your computer.

2-3 releases a month not fast enough for you? Around this whole year corpo life development since November last year, mention a month, where I paused releasing Corpo Life?
He meant that you are now actively writing about your new game and he thinks that you have lost interest in the old project.
I understand him perfectly. When you start a new project, you put all your effort into it at the beginning and the old project becomes less interesting.

Reactions: ffive

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
dude, if you wanna stop supporting then feel free to do so but don't go bashing dev because they are throwing down an update every week to make 1 person happy for an hour

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
dude, if you wanna stop supporting then feel free to do so but don't go bashing dev because they are throwing down an update every week to make 1 person happy for an hour
If I want to scold any developer, there will be no words in the English language to convey my thoughts. :ROFLMAO:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
If I want to scold any developer, there will be no words in the English language to convey my thoughts. :ROFLMAO:
so by your statement, I could comment on your games that you develop whatever I want and blame it on lack of updates with no consequences?

Gakko_dev

Vice President
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
I won’t say working on two releases is hard.

If the code is unified for two games, then the work goes quite easily. Also content, both games have the same theme.
The difficulty will be in terms of writing the text. But in theory there will be problems with storing several versions of different games on your computer.

He meant that you are now actively writing about your new game and he thinks that you have lost interest in the old project.
I understand him perfectly. When you start a new project, you put all your effort into it at the beginning and the old project becomes less interesting.
The fact is = I don't loose a single interest in Corpo Life... Anyone who's patron knows really well that the story is getting tense in Corpo Life right now, the dynamics between Yua, Eva, and Saeko, and this new secretive BINAF branch "SPECTRE"

_e-Sports Team Gammer Black Skull Logo (2).png

If you've been following Corpo Life thread from the beginning, you'll notice that Gakko is mentioned since last year. It means, I've always been developing two games at the same time... But I waited before I polished the story, UI, and everything

And the most importantly, developing two games at the same time it's my way of getting rid of boredom, and burnouts. Switching games after releasing the other brings fresh ideas and motivation for me

And I am really-really sorry if I can't meet everyone expectations

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
The fact is = I don't loose a single interest in Corpo Life... Anyone who's patron knows really well that the story is getting tense in Corpo Life right now, the dynamics between Yua, Eva, and Saeko, and this new secretive BINAF branch "SPECTRE"

View attachment 3150750

If you've been following Corpo Life thread from the beginning, you'll notice that Gakko is mentioned since last year. It means, I've always been developing two games at the same time... But I waited before I polished the story, UI, and everything

And the most importantly, developing two games at the same time it's my way of getting rid of boredom, and burnouts. Switching games after releasing the other brings fresh ideas and motivation for me

There are a couple of things that influence burnout.

- Crooked code that has to be changed or rewritten during the game development process. This is usually a problem for beginners.

- Working with text. Especially if you are trying to translate this matter using programs.

For me personally, these two factors greatly spoiled game development. I solved the first problem with the code quite quickly. The second point here is more difficult, you either do it for everyone or send everyone to hell and make the game in your own language.

In the end, I gave up everything and decided to make the game in the language I know better. What happened in the end? Content development for the game became very fast and most importantly enjoyable.

• Angry
Reactions: KiraJames

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
so by your statement, I could comment on your games that you develop whatever I want and blame it on lack of updates with no consequences?
I don't charge people money for my projects. Therefore, I owe them nothing, just as they owe me nothing. This short version is the answer to your question.

Well, if we want more details, good.

First my project. I officially abandoned development and even wrote in the topic.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-beginning-of-your-new-life-development-thread.141412/
Cause? The code is too crooked. I was too lazy to rewrite. I also want to note that this is my first job where I gained experience in working with the engine.

I agree with this project. That I hammered the bolt on it a little.
https://f95zone.to/threads/forbidden-book-of-pleasures-v0-25-feyschek.170770/
The reason is very simple and you yourself wrote this reason. I lost interest in developing the game.

Yes, if you look at this situation in general. You could say I'm no better than others.
But I didn’t try to sell players a piece of crooked code or text, or a video from the Internet. As a result, you can scold me for abandoning my projects and that’s it.

Gakko_dev

Vice President
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
I don't charge people money for my projects. Therefore, I owe them nothing, just as they owe me nothing. This short version is the answer to your question.

Well, if we want more details, good.

First my project. I officially abandoned development and even wrote in the topic.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-beginning-of-your-new-life-development-thread.141412/
Cause? The code is too crooked. I was too lazy to rewrite. I also want to note that this is my first job where I gained experience in working with the engine.

I agree with this project. That I hammered the bolt on it a little.
https://f95zone.to/threads/forbidden-book-of-pleasures-v0-25-feyschek.170770/
The reason is very simple and you yourself wrote this reason. I lost interest in developing the game.

Yes, if you look at this situation in general. You could say I'm no better than others.
But I didn’t try to sell players a piece of crooked code or text, or a video from the Internet. As a result, you can scold me for abandoning my projects and that’s it.
Keep event trackers to make your code more organized and easy to memorize

1702112325662.png

I learned this in a hard way when developing Corpo Life, and now implementing it in Gakko, and it really helps the development process

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Keep event trackers to make your code more organized and easy to memorize

View attachment 3157462

I learned this in a hard way when developing Corpo Life, and now implementing it in Gakko, and it really helps the development process
I meant the very structure of the code and its method of operation.

Simple example:

unknown_2023.12.09-12.38.png

Here is the passage of the player’s house, look how beautiful and how little space the code takes up. Now let’s look at the widgets that are responsible for all the events and other functions in this passage.

unknown_2023.12.09-12.38_1.png

unknown_2023.12.09-12.38_2.png

unknown_2023.12.09-12.38_3.png

Once I realized how useful widgets are, I was able to do something that always pissed me off in my old games. Climb into each passage and change the values there.

I was also able to improve the code for displaying video in the game, which I honestly took from your game.

Here is your code, which I used before.

<video autoplay loop muted><source @src='"Video/Succubus/Lilith/Lilithsex/"+either("10","11","12","13","14","15","16","17","18","19")+".webm"' type="video/webm"></video>

Here is its new version.

<video autoplay loop muted><source @src='"Video/Hell/HellSex/"+random(1,13)+".webm"' type="video/webm"></video>

Now I don’t need to register each video at this point in the code "+either("10","11","12","13","14","15","16","17","18" "19")+". It’s enough to do “+random(1,13)+” like this, as a result the code will use all videos from 1 to 13 if there are such numbers in the folder.

As they say, there is no limit to perfection. :cool:

Reactions: Gakko_dev

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018

View attachment 3150750

Och my, I haven't noticed, that Spectre infiltrated Japan Corporations so heavily.....

taler

Oct 5, 2017

Yes people need to understand this, keeping 2 projects going at the same time actually makes them go faster if it prevents writer's block. As you can swap between them instead of stressing yourself out on one.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I was wondering if the MC or someone would make a reference to the Corpo Life MC at some point. not like a full on "I know this person" but more like MC sees an article about them while scrolling on phone

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
The only issue I have with the game is the fact that the time on the left sidebar uses 24 hour, but the time in the guide uses 12 hour. It's extremely odd how common this is in HTML games.

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes