VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
h0026a copy.jpg

So, I'm working on the new Hilda scenes. I wanted to put a little extra effort in my rendering parameters, but when I use "Bloom Filter" I get this effect. I think it's really cool, but it's not what I want for this scene!
I have to fix whatever problem this is and re-do like 30 images.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I believe it's to do with "spectral rendering", check that setting in your Render Settings.

Interesting that it's acting as a negative - you are getting Cyan, Yellow, Magenta highlights.

You might be able to just do spot renders to overwrite the places where the bloom is messing up. But then combining the images in post is also some busywork, so it's up to you if you'd rather just let the renderer redo the whole image.

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, here was the problem. And it'll take some time to re-do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
P.S.: It's a dry(wet)grind, but no insertion.
They way I had Hilda bent over the counter, and how the scene plays out, didn't work. So I need to reposition the models, change up how the optional act plays out, and figure out some good "fluid" props.
Kind of thinking of scraping the optional scene all together since it's taking so long to do. I'll work on it for a couple more days before I decide anything.