Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

drHaKo

Apr 26, 2017
Using the filter, if i want to check out 50 games starting with G then i have to type in all the names separately.
I won't find any new games that i maybe like to check out.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I'm testing a new update process I hope that it will fix problems linked with updates.

Do you think a description could be useful? It will not automatically be added, but I could allow users to add a description for the games.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
I'm testing a new update process I hope that it will fix problems linked with updates.

Do you think a description could be useful? It will not automatically be added, but I could allow users to add a description for the games.
Not sure about discriptions either way, but I think it'd be great to have the ratings of the threads or something displayed, and be able to search games by it. It'd make it a lot easier to find the hidden gems you often miss out on.

Jul 22, 2017

Certainly a "notes" field would be appreciated, which it sounds like is sorta what you're talking about.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I'm also thinking of a rating system, but if you want to discover good games you can use the stats window :

1643302659337.png

Reactions: kuraiken

n0-floW

Dec 3, 2017

It would be a nice addition to add a rating system and descriptions or at least notes like AllanBlackwater said.
I also think that the option to add/vote on additional tags for games (like "optional/avoidable gay" etc.), would help with trying games that otherwise we would avoid (of course that data would need to be synchronized globally).

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
While there is gains from having a description. I can see parsing it can get messy for sure. i personally don't miss it in the client.
If the entire OP of the thread was pulled with urls and all it would be a different story.

unformatty

Sep 17, 2017
Hi, is it possible to use this to "scan" and add existing games (downloaded from here previously)?
Im also quite confused by the preferences screen, there are a bunch of fields for folders and I dont know what to put where..

pigmints

Jan 30, 2021
Hi tid
Is there a way you could (if you have the time and will) to add a "dropped" option on gamelist the same way we have a finished check?
I like to use the library to know what I've layed before but some games I just drop because they aren't for me but since some "tags" are my thing I sometimes download them again because I forgot I've dropped them before

Survivor1000

Sep 23, 2017
Can anybody tell me which files to Backup to save my games in the database? A while ago I reinstalled my pc but lost all my game and had to redo everything. I don't want to make that mistake again.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Can anybody tell me which files to Backup to save my games in the database? A while ago I reinstalled my pc but lost all my game and had to redo everything. I don't want to make that mistake again.
That would be in your tid folder.
But where thats placed depends on your own setup. On first boot it will ask you where you want to save it. It should be in your appdata folder for most i believe. Though i would pick the install directory for a portable install myself. A portable install is much easier to maintain, backup and take care of without having split directories.

1645201652675.png
All of these loose files makes the client your's its game mappings, its current metadata, its versions, playstate and more.
If you have those files you can move it anywhere to any machine if you like. I don't believe there is an option to change where its saved after first boot though.... which is not great. Portable is the way!

Survivor1000

Sep 23, 2017
That would be in your tid folder.
But where thats placed depends on your own setup. On first boot it will ask you where you want to save it. It should be in your appdata folder for most i believe. Though i would pick the install directory for a portable install myself. A portable install is much easier to maintain, backup and take care of without having split directories.

View attachment 1660889
All of these loose files makes the client your's its game mappings, its current metadata, its versions, playstate and more.
If you have those files you can move it anywhere to any machine if you like. I don't believe there is an option to change where its saved after first boot though.... which is not great. Portable is the way!
So the best way is basically backup the entire tid folder and all it contents and later overwrite the folder after a new install?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
So the best way is basically backup the entire tid folder and all it contents and later overwrite the folder after a new install?
Best way is to just automate it on the daily with versioning.
But yeah, the whole tid folder contains all the data that makes it yours. But thumbnails and such really isn't required for it to function.

Free File Sync is an OK way to do this shit if you have no backup solution at all currently.

Or windows Backup might work fine. Personally use the Synology Active Backup for Business but that requires a Synology Box.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
But frankly a backup solution should prob be built into the client to set a backup directory and zip it all up with decent compression and append current date. To top it all off, allow only 99 files to be in that directory and alert the user if its full. that way it could do backups on startup after the update window while keeping versions.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes