Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

pigmints

Jan 30, 2021
tid I have a question
I formated my PC and would like to known if the GL saved online my favourite list (guessing it doesn't), only asking since it has a log in system

tid

Aug 16, 2017
It's a thing I'm thinking about, I'll probably do it in a future version (online save or at least local file save) nut sadly it's not done yet.

xx2

Jun 19, 2017
First off, thanks so much for coding this so I didn't have to! My programming experience is far out of date to be useful.

I found myself really confused about the "localize game" button when I first came across it, though. I thought it was for adding a language file, because that's what localization (l10n) is. Perhaps changing that to "locate installation" or something similar would be less confusing?

Again, thanks so much for this wonderful bit of code. It's helped me realize just how many titles I have that are out of date, and that in itself is worth more than its weight. Looking forward to see it improved and optimized!

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
made a new github issue for drag and drop on installs. need this for a faster install workflow than what i currently do.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Okay, so I'm noticing that custom tags are still not really working properly. Can we get that fixed?

Sometimes removing tags just doesn't ever apply.
They're always scratched through, but they still apply to the game.
1633007128161.png

This game has "requires testing" scratched through but is still listed for the tag:
1633007224591.png

In the detail view, the "requires testing" tag is correctly not listed:
1633007270416.png

The game details also does not list the wrong tags:
1633007301025.png

I can use both reload and the gear icon to update the tags.

But when I leave the game window the game is STILL listed for the removed tag, and it still has the wrong tag in the right-click tag window:
1633007449279.png
Restarting Game List also did not change this.
The tags are unremovable because the update removing the scratched through tags from the applied tags never happens.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Updated the main branch, nothing new for those who are using the alpha release.

I released it so that I can start new dev on the alpha branch.

Let me know if you have a message saying that the framework needs to be updated (you can still use GL even if of decide not to download the new version)

tid

Aug 16, 2017
no, it's just the alpha -> main release. So that I can start to work on new things.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah thats what i expected. The Test branch have been pretty stable for a while now.
Good to see you back. Hopefully you can pump out some good stuff while you find the time and energy to do so.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Do think the client is in a pretty good and decent state right now though.
Still think the focus should be the basic features like installing titles and relative paths is the way to go.

Think the latest issue i added to the github should be a simple and easy one to add though, just a simple drag and drop field on the install window. That to remove the need to open or navigate folders with the client or copy paths. would be faster to just drag in paths that is fully ready.

Just looking at places where things could be sped up when it comes to installing a larger number of titles.
A never ending backlog of to-be-installed titles is painful.

But ironing out the local parser/scraper is a must, would be a shame to leave it non-fuctioning after all this time and work.

But im sure whatever you focus on, it will be good in the end.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Okay, so I'm noticing that custom tags are still not really working properly. Can we get that fixed?

Sometimes removing tags just doesn't ever apply.
They're always scratched through, but they still apply to the game.
View attachment 1429391

This game has "requires testing" scratched through but is still listed for the tag:
View attachment 1429395

In the detail view, the "requires testing" tag is correctly not listed:
View attachment 1429396

The game details also does not list the wrong tags:
View attachment 1429397

I can use both reload and the gear icon to update the tags.

But when I leave the game window the game is STILL listed for the removed tag, and it still has the wrong tag in the right-click tag window:
View attachment 1429398
Restarting Game List also did not change this.
The tags are unremovable because the update removing the scratched through tags from the applied tags never happens.
I've started working on this.

Reactions: kuraiken

tid

Aug 16, 2017
there is server maintenance running, this should go back to normal in one hour max.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Anybody know if there's a way to export a list as a text file or a csv or something? Example, I'd like to take the Table view of Owned and dump it to a file.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
What do you mean with "Better suppressed custom tags handling."?

Pointing to the word suppressed here. Doesn't make any sense. :unsure:

EDIT: also new release dropped today for those not alerted by the Discord server :)

tid

Aug 16, 2017
When you added tags on a game, then suppressed it will still be listed, I should work better now (official tags that you want to suppress are struck and not suppressed but they shouldn't be displayed if you filter by this tag) It needs more testing.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes