Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

pigmints

Jan 30, 2021
tid Hi, first of all thx for the tool was looking for something like this, secondly if I can just point a few things
1. The program is very slow when you "inspect/more info" a game but it seems you are already adressing that so nevermind.
2. Is there a way to put some games on a "watchlist" that I want to check later, I mean, I know I can "favourite" them but I actually don't know if I like those games or not and didn't want for them to get mixed with games I already played.
3. Is there a "myanimelist" style that saves online the games we have played a a personal system rating for them?

Again, thx for the tool and have a nice day

Reactions: Jinnosuke Kuma

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
There have been talk about starting an open source python version on the Discord with the Dev. If we get some more push for that then it could be run on almost anything.
That would be hosted on the github he recently opened up and we have been posting issues and feature requests on.

Thoughts on it would be Python with a Qt GUI framework and SQLite for the database. Should be fully portable and open. Should be easy for anyone to open and edit as they like on the pure source code.
Something like that could open up quite a few doors.

Though, the current windev build will prob be worked on in a stable and supportive fashion for a while.
Windev is able to export to any system but im not sure if there is any specific windows features or setups he has done.
That would be great. I'd be interested in just a DB that I can use, personally. I'll write my own front-end because I'm very particular about sorting/filtering -- I want to include and/or/not and more advanced filtering options (ie: "if it has [x] it can't have [y], but [y] without [x] is fine"), which most filtering systems wouldn't provide because of the work involved. Unless someone wants to provide me with ODBC/OLEDB for HFSQL anyway (PCSoft has them, but they do not supply them unless you pay, and that's not worth it for this single time I'll use their DB).

However, discord is not something I'm willing to do for privacy reasons (not you guys.. people who run discord).

Dec 19, 2020
(...) 2. Is there a way to put some games on a "watchlist" that I want to check later, I mean, I know I can "favourite" them but I actually don't know if I like those games or not and didn't want for them to get mixed with games I already played. (...)
I just created several personal tags called "{CHECK LATER}", "{PLAY THIS FIRST}" and so, and then I add it to the needed games.

PS: I'm loving this program! :love:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I just created several personal tags called "{CHECK LATER}", "{PLAY THIS FIRST}" and so, and then I add it to the needed games.

PS: I'm loving this program! :love:
Yeah, such flags have been wanted for some users and me for a while now. Think i made a github issue of it. Hopefully its something tid can take the time to look at once he irons out the local scraping and user metadata commits to the server.

Wanted (to-download) and High Play Prio might be wanted for something like this. I keep marking stuff as favs for anything and everything that seems slightly interesting and good. But at this point my "fav" list is over 1500 titles i think.

I think the fav system should prob be replaced with or fleshed out with a rating system with a 0-5 star rating with half stars.

Community ratings was already a thing that was planned around, we just need a general title rating. A local only rating (yourself) and a community rating which is everyone.

But such metadata should also be available for creators i think as you love a title and love the creator, you want to follow them and continue following that creator.

So many things that could be done with neat metadata here for sure.

Reactions: Jinnosuke Kuma
Oct 13, 2020
Fine program and idea itself, thank you for your work. If I may add to some sort of hypothetical feature wishlist, adding multiple screens at once would be nice, instead of one by one.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
New alpha 2.17.17a2.9
A new alpha version is available :
  • You can now ask GL to update a game, either in the game's detail window (f95 button) or in the preferences window (you have to enter the thread number then click on the add/update button)
  • Fixed the "Add" button bug that came with the 2.17.17a1 version
  • New windev framework.
In the next release I'll add a function so that clients checks for updates themselves, it will prevent the server to not update when my computer crashes at home.

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
New alpha 2.17.17a2.9
A new alpha version is available :
  • You can now ask GL to update a game, either in the game's detail window (f95 button) or in the preferences window (you have to enter the thread number then click on the add/update button)
  • Fixed the "Add" button bug that came with the 2.17.17a1 version
  • New windev framework.
In the next release I'll add a function so that clients checks for updates themselves, it will prevent the server to not update when my computer crashes at home.
When i press the F95 icon i get this error " JS call failed "

SnapCrab_Game List - [Game]_2021-3-18_13-45-18_No-00.png

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Strange, when you press F95 it connects to get new data and execute some JS to grab data. You get this message because something went wrong but it seems that no error is detected.
I'll try to understand what's the problem.

Reactions: asdfg_dk

sahz

Aug 9, 2016
Oh wow, fixes for the two most annoying issues I've noticed and the ability to do our own updates coming next? Much hype for the next version, good work.
Out of interest, how does one go about getting the alpha version?

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
Strange, when you press F95 it connects to get new data and execute some JS to grab data. You get this message because something went wrong but it seems that no error is detected.
I'll try to understand what's the problem.
Can it be my computer there is the problem, I have tried another program that also uses JS ( RouteConverterWindowsOpenSource ) it hase some graphics problems with with windows and boxes popping up wrong places. I have tried to remove and reinstall java without it changing anything ????

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I don't use Java so the problem shouldn't come from that. I'll try to display another error message to see what's happening.

I'll try to release a new alpha this week. I should also work on the wiki on GitHub.

pigmints

Jan 30, 2021
Can someone help me on this..
When I finish a game and check the "finished" box, if I delete the game from the "owned" section it won't appear in the "browsing" section if I only "check" finished games, is there a work around this?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Can someone help me on this..
When I finish a game and check the "finished" box, if I delete the game from the "owned" section it won't appear in the "browsing" section if I only "check" finished games, is there a work around this?
Works fine for me seemingly. Hmm Atleast on titles i don't have installed currently and marking as completed.

1616891236684.png

If you DELETE a title on the other hand it does delete the entry aswell. You prob need to specifically delete the version in the version list instead so the title metadata is not deleted.

pigmints

Jan 30, 2021
Works fine for me seemingly. Hmm Atleast on titles i don't have installed currently and marking as completed.

View attachment 1109099

If you DELETE a title on the other hand it does delete the entry aswell. You prob need to specifically delete the version in the version list instead so the title metadata is not deleted.
thx for clearin this up for me
I have another question BTW, when I select games I Own and choose the "completed" tag it only shows some of them, I have tested and in about 20 games it should have showned around 10 or 12 but it only shows around 8 and I know their status is completed (status in F95 website)

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
This program confuses me because the UI is a bit janky which made understanding how certain things work a bit frustrating... thought the update page just listed everything until I saw how to properly add a version number lol.

Still though I think this program needs a visual overhaul desperately, but at the very least an overhaul to how images are downloaded because it can hard freeze the application for a fairly long period of time while it downloads. Turning off downloading them is a decent but very limited method, would be nice to be able to the images from the game info page so you can retain the speed while searching without the poor image system slowing that down too. Also I think it's related to images but not sure but when you're typing in the search field (to look & add a game) it can stop typing because it unselects the text field for whatever reason.

It just needs an overhaul.

Edit: Would be nice if there was an "ignore" check you could put on a game. So instead of the Tick saying you have it, it puts an icon representing ignore for games you know you'll never wanna try again.

Last edited:

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
any chance of a linux version of this "Oh So Awesome" game manager? My windows machine is currently sitting next to me, chassis wide open, waiting for parts... so I'm having to use my Raspberry Pi 4b-8gb, running Raspian Buster to do everything, atm...

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes