Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Yep I should be more present on discord, I'll try to :p
Just made a dedicated Discord for Game-List.

EDIT: the server is a mirror of the Hydrus server, cleaned up all the roles and channels that wasnt relateable. Not sure about what community channels we should have on there so i cleaned it all out.
Community channels will be opt-in for those that want those, normal people will not see them automatically.

EDIT 2:
Please swap out the Discord invite links in the OP and in the client on next patch :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kuraiken

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
the database is online. but would you be willing to pay the server fees for a server that constantly takes requests from every client all the time?
Having it local is fine. Also its not even that big. come back to me when the database file takes a 100 gigs.

ydraiggoch

Mar 30, 2020
The update to version 2.17.15.7 doesn't change anything. The update window still freeze and even waiting has no effect.
I have to kill the process in the Task Manager.

When I try to upload a screenshot, the whole application crashes:

Code:
Error at line 5 of Clic sur BTN_Add process.

LooperAddLine function called.

Error caused by 2 parameter.

The  element has not been created.

----- Technical information -----

Project : Game List

WL call:

Process of 'Clic sur BTN_Add' (FI_FIche_Jeu.FI_FIche_Jeu.BTN_Add), line 5

'LooperAddLine' function, syntax 0

What happened?

Error caused by 2 parameter.

The  element has not been created.

Error code: 3301

Level: fatal error

Dump of the error of 'wd240vm64.dll' module (24.0.600.2).

Identifier of detailed information (.err): 3301

Debugging information:

Fonction (1,265)

Additional information:

EIT_PILEWL :

Clic sur BTN_Add (FI_FIche_Jeu.FI_FIche_Jeu.BTN_Add), line 5

EIT_DATEHEURE : 09/11/2020 13:53:42

EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <8>

EIT_IDCODE : <18>

Help

Is there a way to roll back to the last working version 2.17.13.7?
In this state Game Manager is useless to me.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Can you create standalone engine filter?
the whole search system needs a new pass really.
Splitting engines into its own thing in the UI will not help too much. It needs a redesign for all search options really atm.
But i guess we will see what the dev will do.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I'm still struggling with the screens :
- If I load them synchronously it's slow.
- If I load them asynchronously I end up with images not loading.

I'm still working on it.

Reactions: Daiju Fuma

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
clicking on Button to bring up the side menu doesn't work (shows a debug window)

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
Sounds great, does the list update automatically? like by being in sync with the main thread of the games, or do you manually update them? if so It'll be a challenge for you to manage all the games that are on the forum and make sure they're up-to-date.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Yes it updates automatically. Every time you start the program it downloads the 'latest updates' list since the last time you started it, and in addition it indicates any games that you are following that have appeared on the list

tid

Aug 16, 2017
New Alpha release.

The first launch can take a little time as it updates the database structure. Let me know if you encounter some problems with this.
In the next version, I'll add a progress bar for this kind of stuff.

This time I think the thumbs download system works fine, I'll be able to add new things and fixe other bugs in the next releases.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The last alpha changes that have been going on for a while now just released as a stable release today.

game_list_2021-01-14_22-02-24.jpg

Also if you want a notification when releases drop or even updates of F95 releases, Join the Game-List Discord and we have channels for each :)

Reactions: asdfg_dk and Zolt

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I have to say that the thumbs loading has been excellent the last 1 or 2 weeks
Yeah thumbnails are pretty stable atm really. only issue left with it would be deleting them to cleanup issue thumbnails or metadata crashes related too it.

Seems pretty good now, it loads faster than ever now and you are able to set thumbnails easily again.
Seems pretty much fixed across the board on that front outside of the deletion issue... but i don't see that as a huge issue either.

Also helps that its instant now after first load. You can easily load more than 4 pages of titles within a sec after its generation is complete.

Apperently local metadata scraping is what's next for the client. Allowing the client to scrape metadata locally and push that to the server aswell. That will allow users to update metadata from its F95 thread. Older titles that dont get updates can now easily be updated instead of having tid manually update all requests by hand. Instead it will be a group effort, or users that care about a title will update it.

Sure hope we see a return of bulk/mass installing again after that feature run :)

Reactions: Zolt and asdfg_dk

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Can you make it for Linux?
There have been talk about starting an open source python version on the Discord with the Dev. If we get some more push for that then it could be run on almost anything.
That would be hosted on the github he recently opened up and we have been posting issues and feature requests on.

Thoughts on it would be Python with a Qt GUI framework and SQLite for the database. Should be fully portable and open. Should be easy for anyone to open and edit as they like on the pure source code.
Something like that could open up quite a few doors.

Though, the current windev build will prob be worked on in a stable and supportive fashion for a while.
Windev is able to export to any system but im not sure if there is any specific windows features or setups he has done.

ChaosDMNS

Sep 18, 2018
did the db updates stop? I can't add two games to my list now, because the db hasn't been updated today.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes