Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Not sure what's causing this, but I keep coming across situations where I can't set a picture as thumbnail, while at other times it works?

RoachPlay

May 22, 2017
I have downloaded the program and added all of my games that I follow, my problem with many games is the version number not correct even after I clicked on update, does anyone know the solution?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I have downloaded the program and added all of my games that I follow, my problem with many games is the version number not correct even after I clicked on update, does anyone know the solution?
You can always verify what version the metadata server has here:
The versions of your client and that site should match if you are in sync with the updates.
If not then refreshing the client is a must.

Turning on the update on startup is really helpful with this for sure so you update more often but with smaller updates.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
The tags have issues again. If you delete tags from the list, they get crossed out but never actually removed. Doesn't matter if you click on okay or even restart the launcher.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
The tags have issues again. If you delete tags from the list, they get crossed out but never actually removed. Doesn't matter if you click on okay or even restart the launcher.
Well the current tag system is currently broken as a whole and are in a WIP state seemingly. It was under a huge redesign but im not sure what happened to that update/release.... but it didn't happen. Hopefully the dev gets back to it and takes a look at the outstanding issues. Fixing the main feature set should be a focus. Getting stability and the current features working before starting on something new. So much of it feels sadly half done like the tags.

ydraiggoch

Mar 30, 2020
I want to use Game Manager to manage my games, but apparently I'm too stupid to do it on my own. The link on the website leads to an error 'Page not found'. Is there another manual out there, which can enlighten me?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I want to use Game Manager to manage my games, but apparently I'm too stupid to do it on my own. The link on the website leads to an error 'Page not found'. Is there another manual out there, which can enlighten me?
Its pretty simple really.
Make sure you have downloaded the database version of the client, and refresh/update it with the latest titles so you can see all the newest titles and versions.

Set your base game path and Sub Directories then just install a title you have.

Here is a small clip on installing:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I have a question for you , I won't do it now but like this, I can know what I will have to do.

Now that the server migration is finished, the next development will the alpha version.
New updates will be launched on the alpha channel than when stabilized they will be pushed to the stable channel.

Next, I will work on thumbs and tags.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I have a question for you , I won't do it now but like this, I can know what I will have to do.

Now that the server migration is finished, the next development will the alpha version.
New updates will be launched on the alpha channel than when stabilized they will be pushed to the stable channel.

Next, I will work on thumbs and tags.
I made an issue on this the other day :)
Yes, this is a huge issue and its triggering but multiple reasons and causes UX issues in general with multiple workflows.

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
I think the biggest improvement would be making the program fully offline without manual request. Speed without internet = 10 x speed with internet. It makes the program too clunky for no reason.

(Plus "no internet" removes question mark images as well which is another very positive thing)

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I think the biggest improvement would be making the program fully offline without manual request. Speed without internet = 10 x speed with internet. It makes the program too clunky for no reason.

(Plus "no internet" removes question mark images as well which is another very positive thing)
Yeah, unless the refreshing can be done on an async manner with no lag in the UI and update its entries on the fly while in view. hmm

If async refreshing could be an option then go for it for sure. That would be the best in the end. UX is the first thing imo, need to be smooth to open titles and navigate the UI.

If that can't be done, a bulk processing option would be neat instead.

But i don't think the client should have issues if you don't have a connection to the server or are online.

Technically if its processed asynchronous manner, the UI should still be smooth and responsive and also not cause issues if it can't update.

Taking the jump for that change is a huge ordeal though and the middle step could prob be to remove all such refreshes and have it as a bulk option you run in the settings from time to time.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I hope to release v13a2 this weekend, I worked on thumbs and background image loading to improve performances.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes