VN Ren'Py Completed Gem Blast [v5.0] [Dragonmilk Games]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

menny

May 28, 2017
Its really dicey to have an underage character, even if you age them up, if they're from an IP. We decided to sidestep that whole route and just not include that character

As far as if the other gems will show up, maybe! We're open to feedback right now, but I will mention our current roadmap is to make some more content for Pearl and Amethyst. If you guys would rather we instead work on new characters, let us know! We want to make something fans will enjoy.
I was mainly referring to Greg universe

Rilogator

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
Will these characters be less perverted than in IA? Because other than the younger sister everyone were massive sluts with tons of mileage in them. Would be nice if the girls here were virgins, at least lapis.
I'm writing the dialogue for this one. While I am depraved at heart, this project aims to be fairly vanilla. My goal when writing these characters is to make them sort of naive yet competent. Amethyst is sorta unique in that maybe she has fucked people before? They won't be massive sluts but they won't be too naive either. I know its a balancing act so I'm more than welcome to hear criticism about any current or future dialogue.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
As far as if the other gems will show up, maybe! We're open to feedback right now, but I will mention our current roadmap is to make some more content for Pearl and Amethyst. If you guys would rather we instead work on new characters, let us know! We want to make something fans will enjoy.
Instead of focusing on a huge cast in the beginning i'm of the opinion that you should establish our current characters a little more before you move on to making more people. I'm not saying you should fully finish the current characters, just add a few more scenes with them before you go onto making new sprites and stories for new characters.

Digitalkaiju

Aug 16, 2019
Well I'm really excited to see where this goes, IA is still one of the best games on this site.
Thanks, I'm really proud to have worked on that project!
Will these characters be less perverted than in IA? Because other than the younger sister everyone were massive sluts with tons of mileage in them. Would be nice if the girls here were virgins, at least lapis.
View attachment 373282
I chose to pursue the characters in SU because I felt there was enough variety to explore. I feel they're distinct enough that there should be little overlap in the ideas they can each bring to the table.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
I'm writing the dialogue for this one. While I am depraved at heart, this project aims to be fairly vanilla. My goal when writing these characters is to make them sort of naive yet competent. Amethyst is sorta unique in that maybe she has fucked people before? They won't be massive sluts but they won't be too naive either. I know its a balancing act so I'm more than welcome to hear criticism about any current or future dialogue.
Thanks, I really proud to have worked on that project!

I chose to pursue the characters in SU because I felt there was enough variety to explore. I feel they're distinct enough that there should be little overlap in the ideas they can each bring to the table.
Ah okay. I just think that most people dont need to know that they fucked a lot when they were young or gloating their dick record like many of the IA girls did.
I think lapis fits the virgin archetype, the rest im not very knowledgeable.
But anyways good luck with the project!

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
well got to say love the art but like RedPillBlues says you should probably solidify the base characters first before branching out but I m a story man so that my opinion. Anyway wish you luck on this endeavor looks great so far.

Reactions: Morah SDG

baconlord

Nov 23, 2016
is this gonna be like IA where its more open and you can freely replay scenes or is it gonna be more traditional VN where you are going down a single path for each girl and only have scenes with one and have to restart over and over for other girl? personally i think IA model is more fun

Rilogator

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
is this gonna be like IA where its more open and you can freely replay scenes or is it gonna be more traditional VN where you are going down a single path for each girl and only have scenes with one and have to restart over and over for other girl? personally i think IA model is more fun
The game is currently set up to be very linear without much freedom of choice for the player. Sort of a railroad to guide the player into scenes efficiently. We're going to take a look at feedback over the next week and make a decision if the game is going to be more on the open world side like Summertime Saga, or remain mostly linear.
We know that "more options = better" but theres the question of weather or not it's worth the investment of time. Its not something that has a clear answer, so its going to take much deliberation on our part.

baconlord

Nov 23, 2016
The game is currently set up to be very linear without much freedom of choice for the player. Sort of a railroad to guide the player into scenes efficiently. We're going to take a look at feedback over the next week and make a decision if the game is going to be more on the open world side like Summertime Saga, or remain mostly linear.
We know that "more options = better" but theres the question of weather or not it's worth the investment of time. Its not something that has a clear answer, so its going to take much deliberation on our part.
Even if the game is gonna be more linear it might be a interesting idea to have all the scenes for current girls completed before main story can move forward, like right you have to get both girls scenes by simple having the next day come and repeating what you did before for same scene but different dialog like "oh want to do it again" the next day you chose different choices and you get other girl, so when you have done both then the 3rd girl comes back that way days just loop till all girls scenes are seen so we don't lose out on a girl cause we have to chose one or the other. just an idea you can ignore it if you want will still play the game cause story/art style are really good.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes