VN - Ren'Py - Completed - General Practitioner [v2.1] [Bruni Multimedia]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Amedore

This project is way more ambitious that 90% of the games of this forum, and that's a good thing... and a bad thing at the same time. Good thing because the game makes a lot of good promises. Bad thing, because this is a semi-professional game with limited resources and it's going to be difficult to deliver.

The game is a mix of genres: a sandbox mixed with an erotic visual novel, mixed with a date-simulator, mixed with a management-simulator... but over all, is a medical simulator, and not a casual one. It's suppose you are a doctor, you have to see patients and you have to be able to interpretate their sintoms, the results of their blood and urine tests and other medical scans and test, and to be able to diagnosticate their ills and provide a treatment. And it's not easy at all. If you are not willing of reading a lot of the medical information provided in the game about illness, tests and scans, medicines, etc., you will lose half of the game.

And that's the main concern about this game. I would prefer a more casual approach on the medical theme. Eroticism and cancer of lungs is not a good mix. It's weird to diagnose a nasty illness to a child in the part of medical simulator, and the next scene is a hot date with another character in the part of erotic visual novel.

Another concern about the game is that the dev opens too many story arcs and quests at the same time that will not be closed in, probably, more that a year, since this is a long-term project (one and a half years from now, according the dev). Since most of the story arcs are not updated every month... are players going to remember the story of that girl they met several updates ago? I can imagine myself thinking in a few months "This girl is the one that had a girlfriend when young that was killed, the one that found a dead girl in an abandoned house, the one that has a boyfriend or the one with an open relationship?"

I think a better approach, in order of maintaining the interest of people during the time this project is going to need support in Patreon, is to maintain open only a couple or three paths at the time, and to close an old one before opening another, making the updates as the chapters of a TV show.

Another problem with the way this game has been planed is the grinding. Right now the game is extremely repetitive. For example, the date-system is always the same: you have right now several girls to date, but the dates are always the same. After a few dates seeing always the same images and reading similar dialogues, it becomes tedious. Same happens with the different activities the MC can do after work: beach, gym, having a drink, movie... It's always the same. The minigame in the swimming pool doesn't help.

The 3D models and images are OK... just OK. Not top-notch at all. Can't be compared with the 3D scenes of "MILFY Town", "A Mother and Wife", "Melodie", or "Fashion Business", for example. And that can be a problem when the game is finished. If right now the images just look OK, in a year and a half, when supposedly the game is going to be finished, they could look old. That would not be a problem with 90% of the games of this forum, since most of them will be abandoned after a few updates or are only a way to make some quick money, but this game pretends to be something more serious and professional.

Another thing I would like is more kink. Right now, most of the situations are pretty vanilla. I don't even stopped to see most of the sexual scenes that already have been included. The umpteenth image of a 3D character in a game doing a blowjob to a guy doesn't makes any difference with hundreds of other erotic games. It's needed something more to add eroticism, as the almost literary descriptions of the sexual situations you can find in "Good Girl Gone Bad", for example, dirty dialogues, the taboo of incest, or other fetishes as exhibitionism, for example.

I have pointed mostly the flaws of the game with constructive spirit, because those are the things that, IMO, can jeopardy the project, and it's a good project. Even now, in an early stage of development, can be seen that is a pet project for the dev, and there is a lot of work and care in it. I really hope this project comes to fruition.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Simosiili

So early stage and so much to play. MC has a lot of character. Am i too greedy to want more young female patients? Storyline is amazing.Can´t wait to get more and more. Maybe little more naughtiness with patients could be nice.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

oluap

I like that game a loot! it is a romantik game not just full of sex or somethink like that. i always want to become a doctor myself but theres no chance becouse im just bad at scool. this game bring a loot of fun and here and there it can make u feel verry angry! if ure build near the water i recomend not to play this game becouse it have a loot of serious topics! but also i recomend to play this game becouse its one of the best games i played so faar! and i am not just talking about adult games! it is one of the best game at all!

so play this game make ur own choice if u like it or not.

for me its a realy realy good game!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

tcup66

This might be my favorite of any adult game I have played. Its original and is more than just a go around and screw people kind of game. It makes you work for it with out being a grind. Great game I hope other games are made in this same style also the fact that there is a game designer who gives us regular updates is a welcome change. Keep up the great work.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deniz31

It is a masterpiece.It has a lot of content which i see new dialogues when i start a new game that i did not saw last time i played.Has a real story, not just fap material like most of the games.Also its so realistic.At last, i really liked Claudia and Alex.Their interactions with protagonist feels so genuine.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Drafox

When I first read the reviews for this game I thought most of them were exaggerated or at least not that accurate I'm pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong after I played it myself, this is not the type of erotic game that only gets your blood pumping it's way more than that...Which makes it special, it reminds me of the days I used to study medicine using French programs such as "Votre conseil médical" & "Encyclopédie médicale" (But let's skip trivial talk shall we?). The system is well built with a few minor bugs that can be fixed with time, most of the models are attractive (all of them are in my opinion, but I've seen people complaining about the looks of some of them). The writing is very decent with some excellent inserted jokes that didn't fail to make me laugh occasionally. The RPG elements are there and I haven't encountered an illusion of choice yet so this part is also well covered..The only negative point that I could point out is how creepy the game can get sometimes but that side is completely optional for the player to discover and I can't complain about it since this is an erotic game after all. I hate to give 5 stars all the time but this one deserves it so why not, support the developper if you can!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

mario1994

I don't even know what am I rating here.. erotic game or doctor simulator. I mean, its great in doctors way, even damn great by how much details are given to each case. I have mild case of confusion about erotic part of this game. So far I am professional while doing examinations, even when I am corrupted inside. I'm almost an angel with stetoscope which brings people back from the border of death. For what? Fame and money of course! It would be great if we had more chances to examine them or even help patients in erotic ways. Like relive stress or something similar. There were cases which I would like to follow, and underage girl which was pregnant.. I mean, just make her few years older. Body won't be changed, case will be the same, and I would have an excuse to get into her panties! Even make a girl with age which she lied about, make our player sleep with her and then play saint when he got to know the truth. This Asian chick which I got to bed with was younger and less developed looking than this sexy bombshell... kids are kids, and I don't have anything about them to say but teens? C'mon! Make it exciting! Some characters look bad, for now Erica, our nurse is one of them. There are many girls which look not attractive. One of them is our sister/cousin.

Bulk of my rating is for how good and professionally done is doctor/ general practitioner part is made. Details, cases, symptoms. So far it is the best game of this theme which I ever played. So far it is a gem worth waiting for. I wouldn't like the thought that becouse of how quick are developers the game would die on our table! Good even great job!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

macadam

always wanted to be a doctor when i was child, for save peoples and healing them ..

then when i become teen , i was like : " berk ! its all gore , blood and shit stuff"

and now , as adult... i m like : "damn those doc are lucky they can freely strip peoples and touch them :p "

and here it come ! the game who mix the best part of the medical life. the proof that i missed a good opportunity in my life to get free girls to touch. :)

of course i m not 100% serious about all of that, but its a great game, that combine adult material and "adult" material. not a game for your dick, not a game for your brain, but a game for both working together. and its great.. and very rare. for that, it got the best rate from me.

and as bonus, you can learn one thing or two about real medical stuff and help to others. all good
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Benn Swagger

This might be the real 5 stars I ever made. Other 5 stars usually because my Dick who did the rating. This game is the definition of Adult-Mature content. It offer Doctor-Patient kinky fetish, but also seriously created using the medical terms.

Bugs or unpolished dialogs are irrelevant, as what most important is the passion and ingenuity of this games. I am proud playing this game, and this game will be my preference of how making adult-mature erotica games.

But if you looking for quick fapping material, sorry to say, this isn't the place for it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Bogan53

Very new at gaming and this game is by far the best I've tried. The slow burn may annoy a few but is right up my street and the constant feedback from the Dev is very good. Helps noobs like me immensely. Keep up the great work Bruni.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

sodoff

Great potential. This has the foundation for an amazing game. The medical aspects of this is alot more involving then the throw-away gimmick of other games. I also like the characters and setting, and will be keeping a close eye on the future development of this one.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

vir_cotto

If I need to choose 3 favorite game genres, I would say: RPG, adventure and management/sim.

And this game has all three in it. I was sceptical about possibility of turning Ren'Py into man/sim and I'm pleasently surprised.

Ok, starting the game, I was little bit freaked out because of complexity. How to determine diagnosis? How to prescribe therapies... Well, just read the codex, ask the right questions and voila!

Biggest problem so far is lack of patients, but that's something you could expect with game in this phase. There are also not many random or repeatable events.

We can't see some stats and relation-stats (like with your sister, niece, nurse...) and some (again invisible) stats like sexperience feel like unimportant (so far).

If you are only interested in H-scenes, this is not exactly what are you looking for, although you've got some nudes and peeking, but if you like RPG/management thing and you always dreamed to be a doctor - don't look any further! This is game for you.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

buttlovinmagic

it is soon pretty clear that some research was done to enable this game to (dare I say) educate while we fap.

the setting is something very new to me, after nearly 100 different games played so far, and breaks away from the norm. the gameplay is familiar in style and the artwork can use some improving but, overall the game is very very playable (no the dev didn't pay me for this).

updates have been regular and so far the progression has been excellent. future improvements (I have no doubt) will be made and this game may become a must have.

EDIT : game is now v0.0.18 and the progress has been exceptional. the 'grind' never feels like a grind as there is plenty going on. the pacing of the game is solid and never feels rushed, something many devs get so horribly wrong.

if this makes it to steam in future (upon completion) it would be well worth the purchase