• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Genex Love [v0.9.96] [Reboot Love]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Blaisdale

As of version v0.3.0

I love the idea of a paranormal/supernatural VN.
    However I said idea for a reason, as they aren't pulled off very well or seemingly a clone of something else.

With that said, I'm glad to see something with a unique twist that I haven't seen before.
    After too many vampire games or anything that is either just a repeat of something else or plot that cant go any where.

I love the fact this sets up that, you will have different out comes and doesn't overly punish you or make you feel guilty for your choice. I usually play good but if a game lets you play bad, I tend to feel bad doing so, but this game doesn't really make me feel that way.

I have some small issues with it, the two major being, First updates are too far apart for my taste lol. Second being you earn too little money, I don't mean that you should get rich quick but the 100 dollar per job is a bit limiting,
    Specially when training costs 50 each time and feeding people in a cell.
    I really hope they add an upgraded job at some point.

I do wish there was a trans person in it but that's a personal thing,
    and I wouldn't hold that against the game.

As the game is in my eyes its as close to perfect as it can be.
    It sets up it up letting you know, there are different outcomes.
    That even though there is a bit of a grind to it, the story will be what always stands out.

The characters for the most part seem to be well thought out and not overly cliche. I actually liked the ironic nature of one scene in the recent update.

This is for sure a try out at the least.
    I love it and am ready for more.
    There is no reason to pass this by, its a gem of a game for sure.

I hope they stay the course its on.
    Having it stay harem but not lose touch of characters like so many games, that drop focus on people because "harem"
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Varxen

Game's great, with a huge amount of content. My only gripe with it is that the MC is pretty linear, even as an "antihero" he doesn't do a lot of evil deeds. Hopefully this changes in further updates when we go deeper into the "evil" branch.

Pros:

- huge content and consistent plot
    - no NTR
    - heroines have varying personalities, fitting into your classic stereotypes (i.e., tsundere, etc)
    - branching plots and impactful choices
    - fun skill development

Cons:

- lack of actual evil path as of ver. 0.3
    - not sure what antihero choices do
    - lack of real "evil" choices
  3. 4.00 star(s)

ZZ23

Don't let 4 starts confuse you, it is one of best game I ever played.

What this VN does so well is pacing and how each event is fun that keeps you engaged and there is absolutely no filler which in insane because there is a lot of events . H scenes are all very erotic and you just can't get enough of it all the while all the girls are almost equal in quality.

Stories are good enough and ties everything nicely and choices do matter not in traditional senses that it will cause radically different routes since this is primarily harem game but will give it personalized flavor, at least at moment of writing this review(0.3.0).

Another thing I like about developer is the ambition for his games just the moment you think you meet all the girls and gameplay loop is set he adds another layer with potential to add so much more content and that just make you excited.

Now the reasons for 4 starts and I give it 4 with affection because it can be so much more.

First of all game is in dire need of health update, there are lots of scene that need to brought up quality and or need animation. Music and sounds are like place holders instead of something fitting for this game it really add to experience as it should and lastly there are bugs or mismanaging of choices, like you would have same thing said twice or in general buggy transition of those choices, it is not big of deal but seems like easy fix.

Another thing is really didn't like how characters that don't like MC just flip the switch to like and have scenes when they realize that they do when.
    Good example of this is Amanda she doesn't like MC for long time and then after just one event goes into full in love mode but we have example of similar character Leisha which is done way better and flows more naturally.
    I do think it is important for game to have girls like this as contrast and variety but to turn them into love struck girls instantly removes that uniqueness about them, also when they finally for MC it should be special moments. This probably cannot be changed but it is worth of note and I hope dev takes a note of it for future.

I love the action scenes and how RPG elements flow into them. My only gripe with after school side game is how at first it is too easy then it just gets sudden spike in how hard the fights are. Hard fight early on is easy then it gets spiked, it would have been better to have more "zones" to fight in instead of having only "easy" "medium" and "Hard" so instead of hard getting spiked because we get too strong we get new area so we can manage crisis meter better.

That is all I have, I can't understand how this game is not more popular it, its dev deserves every praise and I hope he continues to give more of this, and can't wait for next update.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Aladinolol

It's a quality game, kind of a visual novel based on actions and a very-well made fighting system which makes the game even more enjoyable. Girls are all fantastic and the developpment of the story never ceases to amaze me. Highly recommended!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Walidgrc

I'm absolutely in love with this game the quality on this game is on another level and I absolutely love that character development after awakening his genex
    I hope you like my review and I can't wait for the next version cause this is by far my favourite game
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5144788

Content: Good amount
    Pacing: Steady
    Plot line: Academy - Hero/Human/Villain/Monster Society - Monsters killed/tortured - Heros mostly with hidden identities

Character Models:
    Excellent - smooth - stands out from other games
    Personalities: well pronounced, some have surprising ones

Music: Good - Action or Calm
    Animation: Main Charm of the Game - Excellent - stands out from other games

Notes: Unique Mix of Sandbox and Virtual Novel play style nicely done.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Cephalon Solar

really good and "relaxing" game i get to play a arcade fighting aim and watch the mc get laid very fun and 10/10 would recommend to the horny humans oh one tip if you got a annoying enemy charge your attack 5-7 times should wipe em of the face of the earth and max out your evade then attack maxed out evade rarely allows em to hit you
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TritonSands

The art style really intrigued me..that and liking I could define Kate's relation to the MC. Have to say I'm not really into Superheroes games but this turned out to be a really good story so far and kept me playing a few hours getting to Day 11.. It was easy for me to imagine the different characters voices as I read their responses. Not many sex scenes yet but the two I saw were well animated,the first one was great.There are some very nice erotic scenes and pics to keep you interested. You're given lots of choices in the beginning to tailor the game to your liking. .The fight scenes were a little tricky but you can get the hang of it. Overall great anime style art and good story writing have me looking forward to the next update
  9. 4.00 star(s)

pigg

Mostly decent and recommended.

+ Story is pretty good
    + Girl characters are cute and varied, even if standard
    + Good amount of content (as-of 0.2.52)

- MC is a gigantic pussy
    - Fighting is a waste of time
    - Sandbox is pointless
  10. 4.00 star(s)

ZeroG187

Genex love is a mixture of both Reboot love 1's Visual Semi Dating sim with ideas of RPG, and Reboot love 2's Sandbox choices that enhances stories for each girl and with addition of new mechanics. But this shows a lot of promise, variation in scenes and much more in the future.

You play as Marco (Default Name) with no powers or anything to defend himself, one day sees a fight between a genex girl and a hingetus and saves the genex girl and have sex with her (for reasons) and gotten her genex powers. Marcos decided to either become a superhero/vigilante/villain with these power and live a regular school slice of life anime.

The game runs in Ren'py and is in the Koikatsu engine. That means there are choice based games that changes the story for the better and for the worse. The do have impact if they can result in having a harem, sexual relations with girls, and being R@ped by female enemies. It has a fighting RPG, Taking care of a pet girls, give hints and options of what you want and don't want (Result in not asking for a walkthrough)

The Hentai Ranges from many variations, Vanilla Sex, Femdom ;) , Maledom, Rape, Sharing (Not NTR, I think), Voyeurism, Milf, Taming, exhibitionism, and a little of furry added in. Everyone is going to have their favorites. Mine is Amanda and Lisha (I'm a sucker for ponytail hair girls).

I'm playing (bought) the new version (0.2.52) There is not much to say with the issues since this is still commom with early developed games, there are little rollback errors here and there, Hearts needed to get the hentai scenes you missed/skipped and barely any or no hentai events for nearly 80%-90% of the girls here, And No other way to stay in sandbox mode or explore the other mechanics until you Reboot back to the beginning.

Overall, a great callback to Reboot Love 1 but with superhero powers and little of sandbox and combat of Reboot love 2. Hope Rebootlove (Game Creator) put the love and dedication on this game as he does for Reboot 1 and 2.

To Rebootlove: And Please, DON'T make a 3rd game in development when Genex love and Reboot Love 2 are still being worked on. Thanks.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Xaidara

Cool story, great character designs!
    Every girls seems interesting!
    Even the best friend dude is fun and I personnaly love the fact we can share with him sometimes!
    Love that we seems to makes ACTUAL choices within the story,..
    Cant wait for further updates!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

GrogGuy

[v0.2.11]

Really promising game so far.

- The characters each get a decent amount of attention considering the amount of current content .
    - The dev doesn't force the content for any character if you want to skip them (thank you seriously, I hate forced content).
    - Lots of customization for what fetishes you want.
    - Overall world building is pretty interesting although not particularly original. Original isn't always good though, so that's not even a complaint. The dev took an existing theme and applied it well to their game's world.
    - Not a clear goal for the plot, but works well enough in an episodic fashion with mini arcs and the mc just aiming to be a hero.

I don't have any particularly notable complaints about the game. There's definitely room for improvement in regards to language usage, but nothing that I couldn't understand. Also, the dev's not a native English speaker, so I'm sure it'll improve with practice and with the help of the proofreading section on their discord channel. Other than that...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

primeumaton

I really loved this. I am a fan of the superpower genre, and school setting. Which this was both of.

I really enjoyed the plot, writing, characters, art, and world.

I disliked the map as it felt out of place.

I disliked the lack of change from hero and villain.
    I played both and all that is different is a few dialogue lines. I hope that gets reworked or leads somewhere in the future.

All in all, I look forward to seeing where this goes.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

CallumChambo

Good game, story is good as is the writing and the dialogue. art is funny and derpy. characters are all different and this makes them easier to remember. Many will be put off by the art style but i hope if you read this you give this a go. it is not very long currently but i suspect that is this game gets support, it will be very very good!
    Mc doesnt really have a personality so you can self insert easily.
    Good job dev!
  15. 4.00 star(s)

EstrangeNS

This has been one of the most promising initial releases I've seen in a while (probably bc the creator has already made a game before).

Story-wise, it's a MHA type, but so far is doing enough towards its own identity that I wouldn't call it a clone.

Gameplay-wise, it has barebones turn-based RPG style combat, which needs some fleshing out but it's pretty okay for release 1.

Since the creator already has an active Patreon game, I kinda wish he would've released this game elsewhere. That way it wouldn't have as many strict rules on the content allowed, and we could possibly see some edgier stuff.

So as of this review, I definitely say this game is worth trying out, though it is kinda short as of 0.07.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Harkonnan

I like the game so far. The skill system and story are good. I'm glad they weren't over done. I have no major complaints (some terminology/words weren't used right but I could still get the point without problems) other than the lack of content, but I am sure that will be remedied in future updates.

My only concern and my suggestion:
    I see this game is going to have sandbox elements. Try to find a good balance so you don't ruin a good game with overuse of sandbox events. My only concern is the sandbox trap that many games become. Many games use repeat events to create "play time" but nothing of any real consequence happens. This makes a game redundant and boring. Be careful not to do that and i think your game will have a bright future. The right amount of sandbox elements makes a game feel like you are accomplishing something. So just try to find a good balance.

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to future updates.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

GreggoryLove

For a Demo, it looks really good so far. Models are done really well and only a few proofreading errors. I like the fact that the Dev mentions that certain genres that are not to everyone's tastes should be able to be toggled on/off and that the sandbox will have an in-game hint/walkthrough system implemented.

Looking forward to more from this Dev.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

whatisthisidk

4/5 Renders
    4/5 Hotness
    4/5 Girls
    3/5 Story (it's basically My Hero Academia for now)

+ Good amount of options at the start of the game. You could opt out of things like femdom, MC dirty talk, mc getting involuntarily fucked and other stuff that I don't remember.
    The game at the moment is very short, it's just a prologue.
    The game is also free roam if that's your cup of tea or not. Although at the moment it's basically just content that leads up to the free roam.
    I also hope the free roam map gets a visual update in the future, doesn't look very good.

All in all, very good start to a game and I really hope to see more. I also hope more people try the game out and give feedback :)