Daz Genitalia has weird shape on certain figures, how can I fix this?

rolada66

Nov 18, 2019
When loading genitalia (either XY or Dicktator, sometimes even both) on certain figures they become all weird, sometimes in the wrong place (literally inside the belly), or misshapen (like a weight issue). How can I go about fixing this?

Untitled.png

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
From the screenshot you attached, it seems like there are two copies loaded, one with "skin" and one without. It doesn't show in the Scene panel, but maybe it is parented to one of the main figures in that list

rolada66

Nov 18, 2019
From the screenshot you attached, it seems like there are two copies loaded, one with "skin" and one without. It doesn't show in the Scene panel, but maybe it is parented to one of the main figures in that list
I just didn't copy the material so it's easier to see the weird shape. It's just the shell with no material.
If what you meant is the glans poking through the foreskin, they're part of the same XY graft. Usually they align perfectly, but here it's all screwed up. Hiding the graft hides the whole genitalia, so there's definitely nothing parented to the bones in the main figure.

ZerenDevi

May 29, 2019
I see this a lot with "non-human" or unusually proportioned characters, like the frogs or the extremely obese George (i think).

The only solution I've found is to tweak the settings (don't forget x, y, and z scale) until it's kind of OK. Dicktator does the same thing, often not as bad, but sometimes worse...

The issue in the pic you shared is pretty simple to make "good enough": pull the foreskin back, and play with the position settings in "Easy Control" and "actor" for XY.

So far as I know, there isn't any one-click fix, and when I run into this, I just fiddle with the settings until I'm either happy with the result or so frustrated my standards get lowered.

oh, also don't forget to see if general "scale" settings help. I've seen genitals scale mismatch cause problems before.

Reactions: rolada66

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
The problem is most likely that the addon dicks don't have the correct correction morphs and too many other morphs or "bones" that interfere or get distorted by the non regular shape of the figures hip. Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if the original Daz gens look weird on that either.
As for a solution, I don't really have any, other than maybe trying to fix the mesh with mesh-grabber.

Reactions: rolada66

rolada66

Nov 18, 2019
The problem is most likely that the addon dicks don't have the correct correction morphs and too many other morphs or "bones" that interfere or get distorted by the non regular shape of the figures hip. Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if the original Daz gens look weird on that either.
As for a solution, I don't really have any, other than maybe trying to fix the mesh with mesh-grabber.
While the original daz gens don't look the best on some of these models, they are by far the most normal looking! On this model they're pretty much 100% correct looking (see below).

I wonder if this is somehow related to bend control influencing vaginas in weird ways. It seems like a weight issue, but I'm a noob: https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/page-93#post-4448241

1.png

2.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It seems like a weight issue
Pretty much this, correction morphs are the key here, the non-daz addons are made for the base char and maybe a handfull of other shapes, the daz gens are made with basically all models in mind, so they might not look perfect on every character, but they work nonetheless.

rolada66

Nov 18, 2019
Pretty much this, correction morphs are the key here, the non-daz addons are made for the base char and maybe a handfull of other shapes, the daz gens are made with basically all models in mind, so they might not look perfect on every character, but they work nonetheless.
I think I'm retarded, I never checked the bones! The bones in the default gens line up correctly, but look what happens for XY (below). Hopefully I'll be able to find some videos on bone fixing, it would also help me fix some morphs which don't correctly influence the bones so the knee joint end up halfway up the thigh (there's only so much 'adjust rigging to shape' can do).

Untitled.png

Reactions: ZerenDevi