3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Redline3140

Dec 1, 2019
Having an issue loading in morphs
they are loading in the content section but not in the actual shaping tabs
clicking on them does nothing

here is what is issue looks like attached below

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Having an issue loading in morphs
they are loading in the content section but not in the actual shaping tabs
clicking on them does nothing

here is what is issue looks like attached below
If I'm not wrong (and I am still rather new to DAZ) Loading from the content section should apply a preset that might be made from several sliders in the shaping tab... All morph presets will appear in content, and all morph sliders those presets are made of should always be in the shaping tab of supported objects and figures. That is if all is installed correctly.

It also depends on what you installed, but - again if I'm not mistaken - every morph slider you can apply to the character should appear there

Redline3140

Dec 1, 2019
If I'm not wrong (and I am still rather new to DAZ) Loading from the content section should apply a preset that might be made from several sliders in the shaping tab... All morph presets will appear in content, and all morph sliders those presets are made of should always be in the shaping tab of supported objects and figures. That is if all is installed correctly.

It also depends on what you installed, but - again if I'm not mistaken - every morph slider you can apply to the character should appear there
That's the issue I'm having there not appearing in the shaping tab is which by default they should be...
I'm guessing there is an issue with the installation paths but to complex to guess for each asset/morph...
they were working with the older version of Daz Studio 4.9 or such

But its beyond my skill to trace the issue

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
That's the issue I'm having there not appearing in the shaping tab is which by default they should be...
I'm guessing there is an issue with the installation paths but to complex to guess for each asset/morph...
they were working with the older version of Daz Studio 4.9 or such

But its beyond my skill to trace the issue
if it was working before, I have to say I can't help ^^ Good luck !

I will say though loading them through the content manager wouldn't load the sliders only apply the proper changes to those sliders

Reactions: Redline3140

Redline3140

Dec 1, 2019
if it was working before, I have to say I can't help ^^ Good luck !

I will say though loading them through the content manager wouldn't load the sliders only apply the proper changes to those sliders
Thanks for the input

(They were manual installs not through content manager :/)

Reactions: galora

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
I installed OctaneRender (through DIM) but i doesnt show in About Installed Plugins(should be between Nvidia Iray renderer and Poser).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where it could be? Did i do something wrong?

Huhuriu55

Jul 13, 2019
Hello, I have an issue with golden palace's vaginal overlap. Without the stock genitalia and shell, it looks like this:

Overlap1.PNG

Adding the stock genitals makes it overlap, but adds the missing skin back.

Capture1.PNG

If I add the shell on top, it overlaps even more. I also don't know how to add a texture to the shell.

Capture2.PNG

Tokoy

Jul 5, 2017
Hello, I have an issue with golden palace's vaginal overlap. Without the stock genitalia and shell, it looks like this:

Adding the stock genitals makes it overlap, but adds the missing skin back.

If I add the shell on top, it overlaps even more. I also don't know how to add a texture to the shell.

Did you use the Material Copy Script? Golden Palace Folder > Mat Copy
This will fix color

About the the overlapping
Seems, in the first image that you are using two gen at the same time (maybe new gen for Victoria 8). Obviously you can't use both at the same time

Aug 19, 2019
Hello everyone!
I have a question about the High Resolution Nipples for Genesis 8 Female.
I started using it. Followed all the instructions that are conveniently inside DAZ. When I apply the nipple material the High res nipple simply goes over the existing female nipple. So I basically have two nipple textures on top of each other. Is that how this is supposed to work?
Among the files there is a video that shows how to remove the nipples from the character texture maps but I thought this could work without going into photoshop /gimp to use this.
Thanks for the help.
Edit: Got an answer in the asset's thread so thx

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019
And now a new problem :D and it is still me :D

Recently I downloaded the Nyao character. It is an Asian character, very cute. I started using it, no problems whatsoever. When I was trying to find the clothing and hair that were used in the promo pictures I saw that this character requires the Aiko 8 character. I did a check, didn't have it, downloaded it, installed it.
Unfortunately it broke the Nyao asset. But ok I thought, I just delete my saved character and create a new one.
Wrong.
I insert a picture of the mess it made. nyao.png

If you look at the nose, I don't think that is how it should look. Now, once again, before I installed Aiko 8 this wasn't there and everything looked just fine.

So I thought, I delete this, Aiko 8 and start again.
Wrong. Didn't fix the problem.
Then I checked other characters that "require" Aiko 8. They all have something like this, not this bad but still have some visible dent on the bridge of the nose. Maybe that is normal? Don't know.
Then I checked other characters, asian and non-asian alike. No problems.

Sooooo... Does anybody have any idea what happened?

Just a quick edit: This is the face with Aiko 8 installed. The default expression is messed up after this
nayo with aiko 8.png

Update: It was a problem with another female character's settings always applied to nearly every female character. It was one from Lyoness but don't remember which one.
How you know if you have the same problem?
In the character parameter tab go into the Currently Used option.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
You do not seem to be the only one to have this problem.

And it seems that the problem is in the asset.
Maybe there is a fix at daz3D with a new version of the char, but there is no "readme" for this product, so we cannot check...
Otherwise remove Aiko as it seems to work if Aiko is not installed. Or try to fix it by removing morphs as is suggested in the daz3D thread.

Reactions: The Organic Hemp

acusrola

May 30, 2020
When using pre done poses, is there a way to block certain areas from moving? CC Avandrael has great looking hooves that are morphs so they can be used with all G8 characters. However, the hooves don't pose well and I need a way to stop the associated bones from moving.

Aug 19, 2019
You do not seem to be the only one to have this problem.

And it seems that the problem is in the asset.
Maybe there is a fix at daz3D with a new version of the char, but there is no "readme" for this product, so we cannot check...
Otherwise remove Aiko as it seems to work if Aiko is not installed. Or try to fix it by removing morphs as is suggested in the daz3D thread.
So the way I fixed this problem, more or less, was to remove the LY Rory Head morph and also reduced the Aiko head parameters to 31%, still not perfect but waaay better then before

ydav

Aug 29, 2016
Good time of the day to all
Sorry in advance if thats were already asked, but search wasn't helpfull so far.
I have copule questions (for start :sneaky:) about Daz:
1. Can anyone point me to the simple text instruction WITH screenshots examples about render and light settings? What values to set and where. Nothing too advance, just basiс which allow to get correct colors/no blur/overlight/etc.;
2. Is there a way to make a "Viewport" display the scene as close to "how it will look like after render" as posible?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Good time of the day to all
Sorry in advance if thats were already asked, but search wasn't helpfull so far.
I have copule questions (for start :sneaky:) about Daz:
1. Can anyone point me to the simple text instruction WITH screenshots examples about render and light settings? What values to set and where. Nothing too advance, just basiс which allow to get correct colors/no blur/overlight/etc.;
2. Is there a way to make a "Viewport" display the scene as close to "how it will look like after render" as posible?

1 - This is a good place to start:

2 - You can change your viewport to Iray, but that will really slow things down. Click on the little globe at the top right corner of the viewport and you'll see a list of options with Iray at the bottom. The better option is to keep the main viewport in texture shaded mode and just change the auxiliary viewport to Iray.

Reactions: ydav

ydav

Aug 29, 2016
1 - This is a good place to start:

2 - You can change your viewport to Iray, but that will really slow things down. Click on the little globe at the top right corner of the viewport and you'll see a list of options with Iray at the bottom. The better option is to keep the main viewport in texture shaded mode and just change the auxiliary viewport to Iray.
Thanks a lot!

ssver64

Jun 23, 2017
Hello Guys! I'm trying to learn how to use Daz3D properly so thanks for your answers in advance :)

So i downloaded an external character named HD Fredda from 3rd Party Site. When i tried to transfer files into Daz3d i got error on like screenshots.

To make things clear;

1- I introduced the files to Daz3D as external library.
2- Eventhough i've all texture files on correct file DAZ3D couldn't able to locate them. You all can cleary see my problem at screenshots.

I hope you guys can help me out with this. Thanks a lot.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote