3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
As in Skyrim Cubes means missing textures :D

UV mapping is the process of projecting a 2D image to a 3D model's surface for . The letters "U" and "V" denote the axes of the 2D texture because "X", "Y", and "Z" are already used to denote the axes of the 3D object in model space, while "W" (in addition to XYZ) is used in calculating rotations, a common operation in .

That is the technical response, you could imagine it as the 2nd layer on the textures and the 3rd would be adding weight.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
What is UV files?
I am pretty much new to this.

UV mapping is the process of projecting a 2D image to a 3D model's surface for . The letters "U" and "V" denote the axes of the 2D texture because "X", "Y", and "Z" are already used to denote the axes of the 3D object in model space, while "W" (in addition to XYZ) is used in calculating rotations, a common operation in .

That is the technical response, you could imagine it as the 2nd layer on the textures and the 3rd would be adding weight.
3D objects consists of basic shapes like cubes and the UV tells the individual program what specific shape the object has to... uhh... form, very much simplified you're missing the shape data, or you could say the object itself, it looks like you have the object data, but not the object itself.

Btw I just noticed something else, this might solve your problem already: How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager

Zeus1204

Aug 26, 2020

3D objects consists of basic shapes like cubes and the UV tells the individual program what specific shape the object has to... uhh... form, very much simplified you're missing the shape data, or you could say the object itself, it looks like you have the object data, but not the object itself.

Btw I just noticed something else, this might solve your problem already: How to Install Content to Daz w/ w/o Install Manager
The explanation was too technical for me. Nevertheless my problem has been solved. Thank you for the guidance.

rolada66

Nov 18, 2019
I had no luck finding an answer to this so I hope someone could point me in the right direction if this has already been answered. Bending limbs in daz usually produces good results, but the hip area has been constantly giving me trouble with stretched textures, stretched polygons, and just weird results. There are 2 products I know of that aim to help with this- bend control and ultimate natural bend. In my experience bend control gives good results (with minimal effect on genitalia), while ultimate natural bend gives even better results (while heavily distorting genitalia). To illustrate this, here's a few examples (pose is the same, the only thing changing are the bend products applied):

No modifiers:
example-1-no_modifers.png

Bend control:
example-2-bend_control_on.png

Ultimate natural bend:
example-3-ultimate-natural-bend-on.png

As you can see (even with subdivisions cranked to 5) the bend looks like crap. I guess we could break this down into 2 questions:

1- Is it possible to prevent the bend products from influencing genitalia?
2- Is it possible (with the help of a product, or otherwise) to make this bend (and other hip bends) look good?

This is one of those things google is unwilling to answer, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

8mes

Aug 24, 2016
Does somebody know why this happens and how to fix it
The character probably has displacement maps that are poking through your Geometry shell.

You have a few options to fix this.

Select Geometry Shell ->

Fix 1. - go to Parameters tab -> Shell -> Visibility -> Surfaces - disable the parts that are not in use
Fix 2. (I'm not 100% sure this works) in Surfaces tab - set the opacity of the surfaces that are not in use to 0.
Fix 3. If for some reason you need to have the Geometry shell visible (body blush, sweat,..) you would need to copy the displacement maps from your character to the Geometry shell

Fix 4. Remove displacement maps from character

Edit....

It could be this are collision gloves from Breastacular. If that is the case, just make them invisible with the eye icon in the scene tab.

Reactions: Styxed

Styxed

Aug 25, 2020
The character probably has displacement maps that are poking through your Geometry shell.

You have a few options to fix this.

Select Geometry Shell ->

Fix 1. - go to Parameters tab -> Shell -> Visibility -> Surfaces - disable the parts that are not in use
Fix 2. (I'm not 100% sure this works) in Surfaces tab - set the opacity of the surfaces that are not in use to 0.
Fix 3. If for some reason you need to have the Geometry shell visible (body blush, sweat,..) you would need to copy the displacement maps from your character to the Geometry shell

Fix 4. Remove displacement maps from character

Edit....

It could be this are collision gloves from Breastacular. If that is the case, just make them invisible with the eye icon in the scene tab.
Thanks a lot the collision gloves was it

Reactions: 8mes

Willia

Have a weakness for women wearing glasses!
Donor
May 30, 2017
Well hopefully put this in the right forum.... looking for any DAZ asset that for smoothing fabric and clothing that is easier to use than Smoothing Iterations and Collusion Iterations under Mesh Smoothing. Using those under the Iray preview doesn't always work, so I've had to do a render, see whats wrong, make adjustments and try again. Sometimes there are still imperfections. Any help would be great appreciated!

Screenshot 2020-11-03 101734.jpg

Last edited:

cnwolf

Jan 1, 2018
Can anyone help me? I can't render with the new nvidia 30 series on daz3d. I installed the newest driver for the gpu and installed the newest public beta 4.12.2.60 (when i start daz, it still says 4.12.1.118 i don't know why)

Seems that i had to do install it manually, because the donwload helper always installed the older version

Last edited:

acusrola

May 30, 2020
I'm trying to create a character with pointy ears, but it seems that most of the sliders also stretch out the hair. There are a few sliders that don't "drag" the hair with the ear vertices and some do. Is there a way to force the hair to "ignore" the ear modifier? Or is it "baked in" to the slider?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I'm trying to create a character with pointy ears, but it seems that most of the sliders also stretch out the hair. There are a few sliders that don't "drag" the hair with the ear vertices and some do. Is there a way to force the hair to "ignore" the ear modifier? Or is it "baked in" to the slider?
Relatively easy to correct:
- Select the hair in the scene tab.
- Show the hidden properties. Right click on the preferences tab - Preferences - Show Hidden Properties.
- Change the pointy ear slider down to zero.
This leaves the morph on the figure, but removes it from the hair asset.

Reactions: acusrola

senj1114

Apr 15, 2019
Hello, ppl )
If someone decided to add illustrations to the game, but did not deal with graphics at all, what is the best (fastest) way for them to do these illustrations? And anyone knows how are illustrations made in the game Headmaster, for example?

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Relatively easy to correct:
- Select the hair in the scene tab.
- Show the hidden properties. Right click on the preferences tab - Preferences - Show Hidden Properties.
- Change the pointy ear slider down to zero.
This leaves the morph on the figure, but removes it from the hair asset.
Not relatively easy, but super easy. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Xavster

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017

Opal Games

Mar 25, 2020
Anyone have any knowledge of Iray Wetworx please? I'm trying to make a wet patch on a bed using the sweat clothing options, but it just won't work. It works fine when I use it as intended on a piece of clothing, but anything else and it either loads streaky or half with straight lines (from the decal I guess). Any ideas?

Feb 3, 2020
Daz3D renders CTD frequently if I have Netflix playing at the same time but not if I play video files using programs like VLC or MPC. Is there something inherently within Netflix that conflicts with Daz3D rendering?

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Hello,

I started doing low res tests of my scenes in DAZ with Iray to get an idea of how many iterations I need to have for the render to look good, then extrapolate to know how long I need to render for.

Can anyone tell me whether this idea has any standing? Would renders in different resolutions look the same (lightwise mostly) with the same amout of iterations?

Also, this is because I'm working on very low light renders, how much do you guys push the exposure settings/make the lights stronger for low light fast rendering? I kind of don't want to always go over every single light trying to push the emission so it looks right, any tips?

I have a shitty gpu so this would mean the world to me thanks :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote