3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Visago

Jul 5, 2017
I have not been able to log in to the Install Manager for a few months now. Just get a message saying to verify email/password and try again but I can log in to the Daz store with no problems. Any ideas on what's causing the issue?

maks1m

Aug 17, 2020
Hello. I have a problem with futalicious roasty (G8F).
In the roasty mode, the testicles are present. and there is no interaction with the model (the problem disappears only after complete deletion (daz studio).

How can I fix this problem without reinstalling all files?
Does modet futalicious have cache files?

dazfuta.jpg

Temporarily helped cleaning up a folder, but the problem came back.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\Meipex\Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F\Futalicious Shaft Bondage_v3_2\Morphs\Meipex\Roasty

Last edited:

Feb 3, 2020
Is there a simple way to smooth out mesh in G8M characters? All the monsters are very muscular and in particular I am interested in smoothing out the Bullwarg character. Removing the normal and bump map only help a little as the body and worst the arms are sculpted to be muscular regardless of what morph dials I've tried. The muscle definition in these G8M monsters are just too uncanny valley for me.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There are some tools to smooth a mesh, including a free one
But smoothing will make edges less sharp, but will not reduce muscularity.
What people do frequently to reduce/increase muscles or other feature is to mix with other chars. In the parameter tab you can modify the char to have his body defined by say 80% of this char and 40% of a less muscular one. You can try that with another g8M, but with the bullwarg the results may be weird.
I do not have this char, but generally, there are always in the parameter tabs means to tweak the char and it is very likely that some exist for this char. Try again to find them.

Reactions: 31971207

wenwhop

Feb 24, 2019
Sorry to bother you guys, i'm totally noob and have no excuses.
I got Daz3D via DIM from their site, installed some characters and... I have no idea how to edit the models. Like change the shape of their eyes, noses, lips, etc. There is only a couple of full-body sliders, which are gross as hell, navel slider, eyelashes lenght slider, some slider for bodypart scaling, and... that's it. Oh, and also a nail lenght slider!
I'm sure the installation was done correctly, and I didn't break anything today. So, what am I doing wrong?
95d7892894c64f30bff4c3e446a8f66c20170603162932.png

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Daz is not a modeling program. Char and other assets for daz are done in programs like blender, zbrush, etc.
What is provided in daz studio is a way to interpolate between existing morphs with sliders. A char has a set of base morphs and generally provides alternate versions. This way you can have, say, a longer nose by interpolating between the actual nose and a provided longer nose morph if there is one.
In the parameter tabs, you have all the sliders. You always have a base char that gives many morphs and is required (say genesis 8 female) and whenever you install a char on top of this base (say victoria 8), all its morphs become available for every char that rely on the same base char (for the exemple, all genesis 8 female chars can use these morphs). So , if you have already installed some chars, there should be plenty of morphs available as sliders (this may require a daz restart and the full char must be selected).
There are also many packages with a collection of morphs provided for a base char and some are even free (see for instance 200 morphs by sickleyield ). These collection assets can concern the whole char or specific parts (for instance breast, face, etc). Using existing morphs is the main ways to change a character shape and generally people complains more on the too large number of morphs (that clutter the parameter tabs) than on the lack of morphs. And if someone has a specific unusual need (say a witch hooked nose), the solution is to get a char with a similar shape and to use part of her morphs (or to rely on modeling programs but it is a complex process).

NB: Installing several chars is good to have extra morphs, but do not install too much chars, because it will really slow down daz studio, especially when loading a char, as *all* the existing morphs in any char must be loaded with the char.

Last edited:
Reactions: wenwhop

Feb 3, 2020
There are some tools to smooth a mesh, including a free one
But smoothing will make edges less sharp, but will not reduce muscularity.
What people do frequently to reduce/increase muscles or other feature is to mix with other chars. In the parameter tab you can modify the char to have his body defined by say 80% of this char and 40% of a less muscular one. You can try that with another g8M, but with the bullwarg the results may be weird.
I do not have this char, but generally, there are always in the parameter tabs means to tweak the char and it is very likely that some exist for this char. Try again to find them.
Thanks for the tip on the script. For human characters dial mixing could help with muscular definition but not for non-humans, Bullwarg especially. It really sucks. I have been looking to buy a humanoid amphibian G8M for a long time like the Ribbit in Genesis (very outdated now) but amphibians should have smooth slimy body lines and all those bulging weightlifter muscles just don't look amphibian.

wenwhop

Feb 24, 2019
Thank you for detailed answer, I really appreciate your help.
You always have a base char that gives many morphs and is required (say genesis 8 female) and whenever you install a char on top of this base (say victoria 8), all its morphs become available for every char that rely on the same base char (for the exemple, all genesis 8 female chars can use these morphs).
I reinstalled Daz to have only default Genesis 8 Basic Female/Male chars.
That's morphs that I see:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Only one head morph slider for base character:

Literally no morphs for face:

You always have a base char that gives many morphs
From what I see, it's not.
What am I doing wrong? Here's my DIM list:

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Thank you for detailed answer, I really appreciate your help.

I reinstalled Daz to have only default Genesis 8 Basic Female/Male chars.
That's morphs that I see:

Only one head morph slider for base character:

Literally no morphs for face:

From what I see, it's not.
What am I doing wrong? Here's my DIM list:
My guess is you need some morphs like this

wenwhop

Feb 24, 2019
Well, yeah, but I wanna know where is "base char that gives many morphs" that amster22 has mentioned.
Base char is Genesis 8 Basic Female/Male, right?
Either I got something wrong/don't understand something, or I have broken Daz, or I was misguided and there is no these "many morphs" given by base models. Then this statement is wrong:
You always have a base char that gives many morphs
amster22, I really appreciate your help, but I just want to clarify

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I have several chars & some morph packages installed and when I open the parameter>actor, I have maybe 500 sliders available. Only for the breasts there are 100+. But is is impossible to know the origin of these morphs. Anytime an asset is installed that has morphs for a given generation (for instance genesis 8 female) its morphs are added to the parameter tab. Some char add morphs and morph package add many morphs.
Your best bet to have morphs is to install a morph package.
I should have mentioned this, but the daz morphs package are almost mandatory and several char need it. You can buy it at daz
Female head:
Female body:
Male head:
Male body:
or you can download it from here https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-morph-bundle-gen8-unofficial-bundle.19345/

This should provide most of the morphs you need

Reactions: wenwhop

Feb 3, 2020
How do I create a furry rug?

I've tried every fur shader and fur rug product on Daz/Rendo and they all look like felt or grass. I would like a rug that looks like those on G8 characters using dForce hair or LAMH but those seems to require serious 3D skills of adding hair AND Daz PA only tools. There is a nice fur cape product that uses dForce hair but it doesn't have a morph where the cape lays flat.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
How do I create a furry rug?

I've tried every fur shader and fur rug product on Daz/Rendo and they all look like felt or grass. I would like a rug that looks like those on G8 characters using dForce hair or LAMH but those seems to require serious 3D skills of adding hair AND Daz PA only tools. There is a nice fur cape product that uses dForce hair but it doesn't have a morph where the cape lays flat.
Put a link to the fur cape and maybe someone can use blender to make a morph so it is flat.

Feb 3, 2020
Put a link to the fur cape and maybe someone can use blender to make a morph so it is flat.
It's this one:
It also has nice texture expansion for animal skin textures:

Really appreciate it if someone can make a flat morph of the cape as a rug or for hanging, or tutorial for a noob like me of how to make one.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
It's this one:

Really appreciate it if someone can make a flat morph of the cape as a rug or for hanging, or tutorial for a noob like me of how to make one.
i didn't find that asset here in the f95 forum so you'll need to do an asset request (https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-requests.96/) and hope someone grabs it. Or find it on another site and post it here.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
It's this one:

I would strongly suggest you try some less taxing approach for the fur rug. Strand based hair can and WILL be memory hogs, sure to cripple any VRAM less than 8 GB, perhaps even more than that, or, if you lower the tessalation value, generate a crappy looking final result.
I'd personally suggest to subdivide the rug (if its mesh resolution allows for it), and use a very well detailed displacement map for the fur effect, finetuning the displacement strength, max and min values until it brings the right effect. It is bound to create a far less taxing final result, and, if done properly, may even look the part 100%

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote