3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
But 64 MiB is only 67MB. How can a 8GB Card not find that small amount of memory?
Daz does a very poor job of reporting the amount of VRAM memory consumed by the program when rendering. If you view the log file obtained under the troubleshooting menu in Daz, you generally find that actual VRAM consumption is roughly double what is reported in the log file. If it drops to CPU rendering, your only option is to adjust the rendered content or tweak the rendering settings. There are many tips on how to do this earlier in the tread, including some from myself.

As a bit of a guide, with 8GB VRAM you can render 2 x G8 figures with clothes and some background, without doing anything to reduce the object mesh density or playing around with reducing sizes of textures.

Feb 3, 2020
No as both Daz Studio 4.14 & 4.15 have caused issues with some characters I created. I have a MSI Nvidia RTX3070 8GB GPU & have the latest Studio Driver
You have to upgrade for Daz to recognize Ampere. I had similar errors with 4.12 because Ampere wasn't supported.

Feb 3, 2020
This is what Daz 4.14 & 4.15 did to my character (look at the face)
I know nearly nothing about how to tinker with textures but this looks like a texture/surface issue than Iray rendering engine problem. My suggestion is to upgrade to 4.15 to get Iray rendering working with your 3070 and create a separate post so the texture experts can help you fix the surface problem.

4.14/15 uses new version of Iray. Users of Ampere GPU must upgrade because older Daz don't support Ampere so you have no choice in this matter. Some textures might not play well with the new Iray.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
But 64 MiB is only 67MB. How can a 8GB Card not find that small amount of memory?
The solution to your problem lies directly into the log file.

[ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.6 IRAY rend error: Unable to allocate 64.000 MiB from 46.801 MiB of available device memory

More specifically, for that render, the available VRAM is 46.8 Mbytes, and the necessary memory capacity that can't be allocated, is 64 Mbytes.
Obviously, something hogs out most of your 8Gbytes of VRAM, leaving only very little available.

BUT... there is something that seems completely weird, unless your system RAM is less than 8 Gbytes.

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.2 IRAY rend error: Fallback to CPU not allowed.
WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.2 IRAY rend error: All workers failed: aborting render
2021-02-12 19:36:32.227 Iray Render error: Internal rendering error.

The fact that it fails to rollback to CPU rendering is what should REALLY get you concerned. Normally, CPU rendering is the ultimate failsafe.
I have experimented with as weak a GPU as a crappy GT 620, and a GT 730, and a GT 1030, for the fun of it, and with as low a CPU as a Pentium G620, with 8 Gbytes of DDR3 RAM. Even as the weak, inadequate VRAM and CUDA capacity of the GPUs failed, CPU rendering was still a very viable option, as long as I didn't exceed the system RAM.
Now, I will assume that your system runs on at least 16 Gbytes of system RAM (nything less, with a 3070 GPU would be nuts and highly insufficient, to begin with), so, you either have a scene prepared that requires more than all of your system RAM, or there's a problem somewhere. Either severe bottleneck, thermal throttling, or one of your RAM modules is close to failing

XenoFash

Sep 16, 2020
So I found that DIM was for some reason installing some items to the C drive instead of the F drive it should have. I fixed that issue but stupidly(?) just copied the info from C into the proper F drive Daz library. Now Daz gets stuck on "upgrading CMS". I've reinstalled Daz, uninstalled/reinstalled the PostgreSQL several times. Still can't get in if I have PostgreSQL installed. When I remove it Daz seems to work fine and all the content I moved from C is where it should be, just no Smart Content. I honestly don't need smart content but I'd like all the features to be working properly. I can't edit the CMS setting in Daz because if I'm in Daz the PostgreSQL is not installed, so it just reverts back to default.

Anyone know how to fix this?

homeless1

May 16, 2017
This is gonna be a very silly issue but hopefully someone can help me, I'm trying my hand on daz recently and so far everything is going ok however I changed the interface settings by accident and I have no idea what to do to get them the way they were before, I already tried the EDIT>INTERFACE>RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS but it's still the same, attaching pictures for reference.

Long story short by default, the Scene and Environment sections where always anchored at the top of the right pane and selecting an item from the scene section would dynamically open the Parameters, Posing, Surfaces etc. sections from the "Expected" image.
Expected.jpg

But from my setup now I'm only able to see the one section I have selected be it Scenes or Posing or Parameters and so on and clicking one item from the scene won't dynamically pull the bottom section of Parameters or Posing for instance.
My_Setup.PNG

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
This is gonna be a very silly issue but hopefully someone can help me, I'm trying my hand on daz recently and so far everything is going ok however I changed the interface settings by accident and I have no idea what to do to get them the way they were before, I already tried the EDIT>INTERFACE>RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS but it's still the same, attaching pictures for reference.

Long story short by default, the Scene and Environment sections where always anchored at the top of the right pane and selecting an item from the scene section would dynamically open the Parameters, Posing, Surfaces etc. sections from the "Expected" image.
View attachment 1037525

But from my setup now I'm only able to see the one section I have selected be it Scenes or Posing or Parameters and so on and clicking one item from the scene won't dynamically pull the bottom section of Parameters or Posing for instance.
View attachment 1037526
Try "Window" -> "Workspace" -> "Select Layout" and then choose the one you want. It should bring you back to a "standard" layout.

Personally i go with "city limits lite" and customise from there....

Reactions: homeless1

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Try "Window" -> "Workspace" -> "Select Layout" and then choose the one you want. It should bring you back to a "standard" layout.

Personally i go with "city limits lite" and customise from there....
I was about to ask the same question but you save another embarrassing moment for me :) I don't know what I did but lost workspace also and to top it off I found out that uninstalling DAZ and DC it took half a day to reload it and Yepp ya guessed it right back to where I had lift it not back to how it was on first install.... Don't go any where I bet I will be back :)
Thanks!!

Reactions: osanaiko

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
This looks like it will be fun and keep me occupied for a long time if I ever get the hang of some of it..

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Hi, I have a problem, that I'm getting desperate at this point, so any light over it is welcomed.

I upgraded my GTX 1060 for a 2080 Ti, together with a 750w PSU. But, for some reason, I cant render it at all with it, always fall back on the CPU rendering even if I deselect it, and even worse, my Viewport got slightly worse because of it.

I talked a little with development friends, mainly Alorth, monkeyposter_7 and SuperWriter and all them suggested me on doing stuff. I updated my Windows 10, got the latest driver from GeForce experience (461.40 IIRC), installed a past Daz Studio version (4.12), made a clear install of both Daz instances (Daz Studio, Daz Central and Daz Install Manager), changed the cables to give the graphic card more power (technically), a stress test (which has proven that the graphic card works) and so on.

Anyone has any idea of what I could do?

Below, my full rig, the log of my daz and the proof that Daz Recognizes the graphic card, just don't want to work with it for some reason.
__
Current Rig:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
Motherboard: Gygabite H61M-D2-B3
Graphic Card: Asus ROG RTX 2080 Ti Strix, Auto Extreme
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P750GM
16GB RAM

Former Rig:

Processor: Same
Motherboard: Same
Graphic Card: MSI GTX 1060 OC, 6gb
PSU: I don't remember the brand, but it was a Real Gold 450w.
16GB RAM
__
Any help is welcomed, thanks!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I upgraded my GTX 1060 for a 2080 Ti, together with a 750w PSU. But, for some reason, I cant render it at all with it, always fall back on the CPU rendering even if I deselect it, and even worse, my Viewport got slightly worse because of it.

I updated my Windows 10, got the latest driver from GeForce experience (461.40 IIRC), installed a past Daz Studio version (4.12), made a clear install of both Daz instances (Daz Studio, Daz Central and Daz Install Manager), changed the cables to give the graphic card more power (technically), a stress test (which has proven that the graphic card works) and so on.

Looking through the log, this seems to be the point where it all goes wrong:

2021-02-13 19:55:26.734 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend info : Initializing OptiX for CUDA device 0
2021-02-13 19:55:26.734 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: Error initializing RTX library
2021-02-13 19:55:26.735 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend error: optixDeviceContextCreate(nullptr,&opt,&m_optix_context) failed: Internal error
2021-02-13 19:55:26.735 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.0 IRAY rend warn : CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2080 Ti) is no longer available for rendering.

That says there is a "RTX Library" error immediately after trying to initialise OptiX.

That does not seem like a card power supply problem, a windows problem, and probably not anything that would be fixed by daz reinstall of the same version.

I can only suggest trying different combinations of Daz versions (4.11beta was the first one to support 2080ti properly, and 4.13 and 4.14 seem to generally be stable) and nVidia driver versions. Most recent changes in nvidia drivers are related to the 30xx series hardware releases, so going for older version might help you.

also, there are many posts on daz forums about similar issues (although also there is rarely a clear solution, and often a lot of conflicting information), so maybe you can find an answer by being very patient and reading a lot.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I haven't got that far yet to see how 4.15 is rendering it does seem a little slow for a 3080 and I-9

Trephis

Apr 9, 2020
Hey, can anyone tell me how to use the futalicious genitals with genesis 8.1. I apply the gen load the shell and when I click `copy mat` it shows that it needs a g8f model selected but I want to use the asset with g8.1f please help guys...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I have heard or seen mentioned DIM Daz Install Manager is that part of the original install or package and is it necessary. I have looked and cant find if or that it was installed. There is no icon in menu or on desktop for it. Or is that something that has to be downloaded and installed separately. If it is part of the main install package where is it hidden.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
How do you pin hair to the model where it will stay on head. Used a G8 orG8.1 F and if I try to pose or move the model the hair stays in center

Feb 3, 2020
Hi, I have a problem, that I'm getting desperate at this point, so any light over it is welcomed.

I talked a little with development friends, mainly Alorth, monkeyposter_7 and SuperWriter and all them suggested me on doing stuff. I updated my Windows 10, got the latest driver from GeForce experience (461.40 IIRC), installed a past Daz Studio version (4.12), made a clear install of both Daz instances (Daz Studio, Daz Central and Daz Install Manager), changed the cables to give the graphic card more power (technically), a stress test (which has proven that the graphic card works) and so on.

Anyone has any idea of what I could do?

Below, my full rig, the log of my daz and the proof that Daz Recognizes the graphic card, just don't want to work with it for some reason.
__
Current Rig:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
Motherboard: Gygabite H61M-D2-B3
Graphic Card: Asus ROG RTX 2080 Ti Strix, Auto Extreme
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P750GM
16GB RAM

Former Rig:

Processor: Same
Motherboard: Same
Graphic Card: MSI GTX 1060 OC, 6gb
PSU: I don't remember the brand, but it was a Real Gold 450w.
16GB RAM
__
Any help is welcomed, thanks!
IIRC early 4.12 had some problems with RTX due to poor support with older Iray. The log says Iray 1.0 so perhaps you can try the new 4.15 that uses an updated Iray with RTX support to see if it works (4.15 is also needed if you want to use G8.1).

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I have heard or seen mentioned DIM Daz Install Manager is that part of the original install or package and is it necessary. I have looked and cant find if or that it was installed. There is no icon in menu or on desktop for it. Or is that something that has to be downloaded and installed separately. If it is part of the main install package where is it hidden.
DIM is a separate program for installing manually downloaded content packages that was downloadable from Daz's web site.
More recently they've published a newer tool called DazCentral, but many users seem to dislike it (i haven't even tried it yet).

This page has some more detailed explanations:

and this sticky post in the forums is also good to understand the process of manual install:
https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
How do you pin hair to the model where it will stay on head. Used a G8 orG8.1 F and if I try to pose or move the model the hair stays in center
In Daz, the objects in the scene pane can be arranged in a heirarchy of Parent->child. Children's position in the 3d space will move with the parent - that is, their coordinates and rotations become relative to the parent.

If you have the model already selected in the scene pane tab when you double click the hair asset, it should be auto-parented to the model in the scene, so when you move the model the hair goes with it.

If the hair is not parented, it will stay where it started.

You can also select object in the scene pane, right click, and choose another object to which is should be parented.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote