4.90 star(s) 29 Votes

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Anyways, back to GG, maybe I'm just not sensitive to the art changes, but I didn't think Eliette's CGs this update were that bad- I actually really liked her swirly eyes when she klutzes atop you and the building.
It would be unfair to compare very first images of her, since they probably will be redrawn, so I will compare those, which came with new sprite sheets.
Let's compare every other:
screenshot0001.png
- Despite the angle the face complexity is seen clearly here. Not much else to say since it's a starting point

screenshot0002.png
- Next one. Angle is different, yet everything stays the same here.

screenshot0003.png
- Still okay

screenshot0004.png
- Still okay

screenshot0005.png
- Here it starts to look a bit different, but still fine

screenshot0006.png
- Here's the first step to a way off. I understand that it's a first image of her in profile, but it's hard to believe that her nose has such shape.

screenshot0007.png
- Boom. The original complection goes to a smoke break. Face is now rounder, lips are thinner, nose is smaller than it used to be at the beginning. I guess it's a bit hard to compare due to emotions on Eliette's face, but for me it's still visible. Eyes got round as a circle, which can't be justified by her panicking, because it used to happen before without changing like that.

screenshot0008.png
- And as the final blow - this. Who is that character and where is Eliette? Why here eye shape suddenly changed, the eyes themselves got smaller, cheeks and chin got more pointy and the forhead got higher. Also the skin got brighter.

I also considered Eliette's update the stronger of the two this month- I can't speak for the douchebag route of Margarita, but for the loyal route it's just so boring- I can admit some bias, I really don't like slice of life, and it's just banal to me when a story has zero conflicts whatsoever. Everything's just turning up roses in the route. Her parents like you, even her dad, her best friend approves, Margarita is obviously crazy about you, to the point of being more than a bit yandere, but the MC is all for it so there's no conflict there either.
Compare that to Eliette's where we're getting some very interesting developments in the Heaven kingdom- I'm eager to see where it goes and how it develops.
Like I said, despite giving a chunk of the story, I didn't like this update because of how poorly was it written, not for the story itself.

Last edited:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
There is something that probably was unnoticed, but do you have any ideas what Croixelle meant when saying:
"I can skip meals for 4 or 5 days. Beyond that, it could be dangerous for those around me."
Does she gets blinded by the hunger and can't restrain herself from eating humans, or maybe her body involuntarily starts consuming mana from everyone around to replenish itself, thus killing its victims?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chivalry/Honor
Aug 18, 2023
I don't remember where I saw this or if this is a lie, if that's the case please correct me, but if I'm not mistaken the reason the writer hasn't done anything with the water kingdom yet is because the underwater world is going to be Huge, with several kingdoms and characters. Artical will only start working with this part of the world when all or at least the majority of the current characters have their stories completed.
Yea I mean, even without the water kingdom. Let's say keep it for later to keep the game going when "the current kingdoms are done".
The current scope of the project and the things they are actively working on is already too much. The story moves forward at a snail pace, and the art consistency+quality is stupidly spotty. I may not be paying for the game month for month, but (I assume people on here for the most part aren't), it definitely is a major demotivator to truly be a subscriber.
Aside from the content that they deliver per update being small as well.

Aug 18, 2023
Like I said, despite giving a chunk of the story, I didn't like this update because of how poorly was it written, not for the story itself.
yeah what they did to Eliette the past two updates is criminal.
I honestly really liked Eliette's original new "style" I prefer it over the OG Eliette.
But this? First they drew a mix of Bevzy(slightly older sprite not latest)+Eliette, and now it's Vai'Klis's old sprite+Eliette. Are they experimenting? I feel like this should totally NOT be done in regular updates, but actually on the discord or a patreon image release and compare.

Birel

Aug 31, 2022
I did see someone on Twitter expressing their concern about some of this to the devs even suggesting taking some time to iron things out. And they basically went: no. They said that they need to keep people convinced to support and that's fair but, you know

4.90 star(s) 29 Votes