4.90 star(s) 29 Votes

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Agreed, they even compared the amount of characters in the VN to one piece at some point I think, and anybody who’s read/seen that knows that in one piece Oda, the author, introduces a clusterfuckton of chars every arc and somehow uses pure instinct and improvising to write the story and wrap it all together. That takes a particular kind of writer, and we don’t know if the devs have what it takes.

I think this will go the Katawa Shoujo route of drawing up characters and scenes first using the community, coming up with a half coherent story (where we are now), ending it (the next goal), then they realize it’s shit and either publish the mess, don’t ever publish it and focus on Nezumicon, or hide for 1-3 years editing it until they release it for free like KS. Or they lose steam and never end the plot.
Eh One Piece has plenty of flaws tho.

Reactions: firednerve
Aug 18, 2023
Agreed, they even compared the amount of characters in the VN to one piece at some point I think, and anybody who’s read/seen that knows that in one piece Oda, the author, introduces a clusterfuckton of chars every arc and somehow uses pure instinct and improvising to write the story and wrap it all together. That takes a particular kind of writer, and we don’t know if the devs have what it takes.

I think this will go the Katawa Shoujo route of drawing up characters and scenes first using the community, coming up with a half coherent story (where we are now), ending it (the next goal), then they realize it’s shit and either publish the mess, don’t ever publish it and focus on Nezumicon, or hide for 1-3 years editing it until they release it for free like KS. Or they lose steam and never end the plot.
My frustration when they introduced 2 more routes while not having TOUCHED the water Kingdom in 100 years. Honestly, I wish they just eliminated all the recent character additions, and focused on the main cast with interesting stories. Man what I would do for them to just focus on the main guardians with really interesting story lines.
>Maryen&Kendra's conflict, especially why Kendra is as evil as she is. (maryens tranformation too)
>Croixelle's Queen Path( taking over the throne, acting against the queen, riling up the masses, or just using her.)
>Nyxmay's path she took to corruption (and changing her or keeping her that way)
>Regina&Naya&Madea's war par. (Madea as a mediator, firing up the war, preventing it, ending it quickly, drawing it out)
>Eliette's "Angel stuff/acting against Maryen", if some of the theories that were posted here would even get remotely realised it would make her immensely interesting.
>Vai'klis(how she became what she is in detail, going on the journey of rediscovery w/ her)
>Synanla and maybe 1 more Sea Kingdom person maybe focused on travelling and exploring(and perhaps being some sort of contractor for Timfalme as well).
>Bevzy(Complete manipulation and control)( dragging her into places where she shouldn't be in the pursuit of power or whatever +It would be really cool if they made a split path that's just marg's yandere path but with another split path where you instead use her "yandere" tendencies against other people.)
I really like some of the paths ofc(especially Sheina), but man what I would do for these paths to have some serious splits, and much more developed story lines and just more per update or just a higher quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chivalry/Honor

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020

Just do a full Cawthon. Publish the mess, let the community try to piece together a timeline, then come out and say "yeah that was the story all along, well figured out" :KEK:

Apr 29, 2020
The minority want more of that High School AU spin-off since everybody so far have literally no conflict with each other that could bring death and destruction.
And I am not against more of that since Nezumicon was clearly inspired by that.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Giant Guardians [v0.3.59] [Giant Guardians]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020

Wasn't Katawa Shoujo rewritten like 2 times? I heard that final product is actually good despite all the production hell it went through. Artical isn't having problems like that, he just makes all the work except for drawing at the cost of quality. Compared to KS, it's nothing but a worse scenario. Without strong foundation of a dev team, the project may simply collapse under it's own weight, and last Eliette update looked like a first huge crack on this metaphorical monument.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
till this day I wonder if the story line of fnaf was actually thought out
No it wasnt. Fnaf 1 was supposed to be his last project, but its getting off topic. Talking about project, a hot take here, but I honestly believe that it would be for the best for Artical to set GG on hold and focus on one thing, instead of spreading attention between two different games. We already can tell that he can't keep up. But, thinking about how much money GG brings, such scenario is simply impossible.

Jul 12, 2021
I have a question. Based on what has been shown about the characters so far, would it be more accurate to say that Maryen is more compassionate than Madea, or are they roughly equivalent in terms of morality?

unknown00445

Sep 16, 2023
My frustration when they introduced 2 more routes while not having TOUCHED the water Kingdom in 100 years.
I don't remember where I saw this or if this is a lie, if that's the case please correct me, but if I'm not mistaken the reason the writer hasn't done anything with the water kingdom yet is because the underwater world is going to be Huge, with several kingdoms and characters. Artical will only start working with this part of the world when all or at least the majority of the current characters have their stories completed.

Last edited:

Chumgum

Aug 28, 2022
I don't remember where I saw this or if this is a lie, if that's the case please correct me, but if I'm not mistaken the reason the writer hasn't done anything with the water kingdom yet is because the underwater world is going to be Huge, with several kingdoms and characters. Artical will only start working with this part of the world when all or at least the majority of the current characters have their stories completed.
Waterworld is post game content

firednerve

Sep 5, 2022
Eh One Piece has plenty of flaws tho.
As somebody who’s had the pleasure of watching/reading it from start to current, yes. But it’s worldbuilding is one of its stronger parts.

Wasn't Katawa Shoujo rewritten like 2 times? I heard that final product is actually good despite all the production hell it went through. Artical isn't having problems like that, he just makes all the work except for drawing at the cost of quality. Compared to KS, it's nothing but a worse scenario. Without strong foundation of a dev team, the project may simply collapse under it's own weight, and last Eliette update looked like a first huge crack on this metaphorical monument.
Yes, and if I remember correctly KS didn’t have a proper dev team at first, but instead had a community forum (basically discord but archaic). KS is pretty damn good, I 100% it despite hating two of the girls. It’s the kind of game where even the “bad” endings are still good.

I wish they dropped waterworld, game will never be finished at this rate. Besides it sounds like isekai trash from what synanla tells us, might as well make it its own game.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Yeah Katawa Shoujo was actually very good, especially given that it was a free game made by an internet forum. I do know one major instance of it being rewritten was one of the guys on the team had a big falling out with the others, the author and creator of the deaf girl. He took his metaphorical ball and went home, saying that if they used his writing he'd sue them (good luck with a free project) but despite that the rest of the team wisely didn't want to bother with the potential headache and so she received the largest rewrite of all, and as a result her route is considered the weakest of the five. I've heard that it was just rushed because they wanted to release the game already, but I've also heard that the guy who wrote the route actively hated the girl in question, which is kind of silly to put him in charge of writing for her; and indeed, the route itself seems to dump on the MC at every opportunity with no ability to ever clap back.

Anyways, back to GG, maybe I'm just not sensitive to the art changes, but I didn't think Eliette's CGs this update were that bad- I actually really liked her swirly eyes when she klutzes atop you and the building. I also considered Eliette's update the stronger of the two this month- I can't speak for the douchebag route of Margarita, but for the loyal route it's just so boring- I can admit some bias, I really don't like slice of life, and it's just banal to me when a story has zero conflicts whatsoever. Everything's just turning up roses in the route. Her parents like you, even her dad, her best friend approves, Margarita is obviously crazy about you, to the point of being more than a bit yandere, but the MC is all for it so there's no conflict there either.
Compare that to Eliette's where we're getting some very interesting developments in the Heaven kingdom- I'm eager to see where it goes and how it develops.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I have a question. Based on what has been shown about the characters so far, would it be more accurate to say that Maryen is more compassionate than Madea, or are they roughly equivalent in terms of morality?
Maryen is much more compassionate in my opinion. Madea literally had to destroy abandoned hideout to let off some steam. Last Eliette update brings some doubts though. Maybe further in the story the tables may turn.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Chivalry/Honor
4.90 star(s) 29 Votes