4.90 star(s) 29 Votes

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Yeah there's a saying, "A hunter of two rabbits catches neither." Though it's purely anecdotal, whenever I wanted to shift my focus from a project already in production, it was because I was either bored of it or wanted a change of pace, neither of which bodes well for GG.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Despite all the flaws..., I think I'd rather take the VN where you are not simply skipping to get to the scenes because slice of life is a snooze..( 99% of the time ) and Nezumicon is obviously not even trying to be deep.
In an ideal world, Nezumicon wouldn't be a thing and it would simply be GG and side stories. Less content than Nezumicon+GG but better quality overall+more value for your money+still something for the people who like it "laid back" and want more of that than GG main has to offer..
But that means less money for us, its better for us to just push half-assed updates, after all these "fools!" will never stop paying
I dunno these devs just have a wayy to big scope by default(even for GG alone), and even if I enjoy Nezumicon...., Nezumicon is pretty much the self-inflicted reason (that we can see) on why GG's update quality has been declining.
Okay, I dare to assume that you thought I was comparing Nezumicon with GG and implying that the first one is better. No, storywise, they're uncomparable. No point in comparing a deep story and a slice of life. Both of them are good at their own levels.
What I'm yapping about is attention to details and general immersion in the production process. Nezumicon gets much more love from its author: more jokes, well written phrases and lively dialogues, much less typos. Feels like if someone's forcing Artical to make GG, so there is no enthusiasm, and when there is no enthusiasm, even Nezumicon will be better than GG.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: H.Lover

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I dunno these devs just have a wayy to big scope by default(even for GG alone), and even if I enjoy Nezumicon...., Nezumicon is pretty much the self-inflicted reason (that we can see) on why GG's update quality has been declining.
I mean, yeah, I would also choose GG over Nezumicon if one day Artical asks which game should be put on hold, but the problem is, he's the one choosing. From what I've witnessed, he has much more fun making his story about a game of cat and mouse, so if we're actually talking about such choice, it will not be in our favor.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023
I mean, yeah, I would also choose GG over Nezumicon if one day Artical asked which game should be put on hold, but the problem is, he's the one choosing. From what I've witnessed, he has much more fun making his story about a game of cat and mouse, so if we're actually talking about such choice, it will not be in our favor.
I think I said this before, its much less about enthusiasm(because we know he is really enthusiastic about GG, adding more and more to it scope wise) it's probably the total workload that's the problem. I assume it mostly has to do with the fact that Artic has to wait for the art from his partner to be finished before writing any code, text etc and he will of course also probably discuss that stuff with his partner too. I'd also go as far as to make the bold statement..the grammar errors really shouldn't be a godddamn thing with modern tools, he's simply not using ANY of the modern tools(for translation, correction etc). So it's also a tools problem /not knowing about them/not being willing to use them

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I think I said this before, its much less about enthusiasm(because we know he is really enthusiastic about GG, adding more and more to it scope wise) it's probably the total workload that's the problem.
I think one comes from another. He can't deal with that workload because he doesn't want to.

I assume it mostly has to do with the fact that Artic has to wait for the art from his partner to be finished before writing any code, text etc and he will of course also probably discuss that stuff with his partner too
You think it's the writer who adapts a story to an art? No way. That literally makes AIK the one who writes GG, not Artical. I'm sure he just explains how things should look and AIK draws it.
What about coding, I'm sure it's so simple that it takes like 5 seconds. I haven't learned Ren'py, but it's probably a short string of code.

I'd also go as far as to make the bold statement..the grammar errors really shouldn't be a godddamn thing with modern tools, he's simply not using ANY of the modern tools(for translation, correction etc). So it's also a tools problem /not knowing about them/not being willing to use them
Yeah, and that's one of the dumbest parts. It's just pitiful to see all these errors when it takes 0 effort to fix them. And even if he doesn't want to use any tools, it's just wrong to write a text and not check the result. You can't confuse "she" with "we" unless you written it in the middle of the night, half asleep, and then never looked there ever again.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.3.59 + Gallery unlock

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PIXELDRAIN
MEGA

Size 178 MB

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Updates are faster on .

Game Developers: Want to talk about an official Android version for your game? Come join my Discord.
Updated my android port.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Maybe she'll stop seeing him as a lego if he heals her twisted heart.
I love the implications here btw. Imagine what kind of moral reckoning she would go through if her heart were indeed healed and everything she did with a red flower was suddenly repulsive to her. The dev would almost have to make it a "Heal her heart and suffer the consequences" or "Leave her evil and let's just go" informed choice.

Reactions: LiberatedSaber
Aug 18, 2023
You think it's the writer who adapts a story to an art? No way. That literally makes AIK the one who writes GG, not Artical. I'm sure he just explains how things should look and AIK draws it.
What about coding, I'm sure it's so simple that it takes like 5 seconds. I haven't learned Ren'py, but it's probably a short string of code
Keep in mind..., AIK is his partner no? And even if they are just a hired worker..., it's a 2 people team that has been working together for a while now, and for an extended period of time.
There is no way there is 0 discussion and 0 input and just a "hey do this and then do this next", it's obviously not a straight up company with a massive hierachy. With 0 doubt, AIK is asked for Input, probably gives Input and at this point expects to be asked. (assuming arti is not a toxic/unfriendly partner/(business-partner))
I think one comes from another. He can't deal with that workload because he doesn't want to.
I think this is really not the case, plenty of times people are motivated to do things or finish something but simply can't because the scope of the project/workload is too much. Also it's a fact this isn't since arti has quite a few times said/has implied that hes motivated and wants to continue and expand GG

Reactions: LiberatedSaber

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Keep in mind..., AIK is his partner no? And even if they are just a hired worker..., it's a 2 people team that has been working together for a while now, and for an extended period of time.
There is no way there is 0 discussion and 0 input and just a "hey do this and then do this next", it's obviously not a straight up company with a massive hierachy. With 0 doubt, AIK is asked for Input, probably gives Input and at this point expects to be asked. (assuming arti is not a toxic/unfriendly partner/(business-partner))
It's actually not that easy to find out. In the credits both Artical and AIK are listed as writers, yet I believe that only one person is making 90% of the job. After reading enough text you're starting to see patterns, be it a common mistake or a word form. Those can only be avoided by giving a quill to someone else. Also Artical marked himself as the only one who works on "Text" specifically, but it's hard to believe that AIK don't take any part on that while being a rightful member of their duo. I believe that AIK is mostly responsible for character designs and scenes, since she's the one who draws them. That makes sense at least; confusing "she" with "we" by two people in a row - doesn't.

I think this is really not the case, plenty of times people are motivated to do things or finish something but simply can't because the scope of the project/workload is too much.
At this point we're just nuh-uhing to each other about this. Whatever the reason, results stay the same.

Also it's a fact this isn't since arti has quite a few times said/has implied that hes motivated and wants to continue and expand GG
He may be saying it because the list of patrons can't fit on 3 screens of tiny text now, or because he doesn't see quality drop as a problem. In any case, a recent update has shown that his motivation was enough only for half of the content he brought, and it was a damn slice of life route that got most of attention. I was talking about it here.

Last edited:

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
It's actually not that easy to find out. In the credits both Artical and AIK are listed as writers, yet I believe that only one person is making 90% of the job. After reading enough text you're starting to see patterns, be it a common mistake or a word form. Those can only be avoided by giving a quill to someone else. Also Artical marked himself as the only one who works on "Text" specifically, but it's hard to believe that AIK don't take any part on that while being a rightful member of their duo. I believe that AIK is mostly responsible for character designs and scenes, since she's the one who draws them. That makes sense at least; confusing "she" with "we" by two people in a row - doesn't.

At this point we're just nuh-uhing to each other about this. Whatever the reason, results stay the same.

He may be saying it because the list of patrons can't fit on 3 screens of tiny text now, or because he doesn't see quality drop as a problem. In any case, a recent update has shown that his motivation was enough only for half of the content he brought, and it was a damn slice of life route that got most of attention. I was talking about it here.

Yeah, i would be saying that too if i was making bank with said product.

4.90 star(s) 29 Votes