4.90 star(s) 29 Votes

Devinebeast

Sep 27, 2021
We think alike. He is quite egoistic from my observations. He constantly boasts about "how great" his games are and how people not appreciate him enough bla bla bla. I won't even talk about his discord server where everyone kisses the guy's ass because they are scared he will leave that game too.

EDIT:
Ayo? They are finally bringing "size difference" tag with the revamp. View attachment 2823507
No way:oops:

Kitsune-Slave

Jul 12, 2023
So if the devs are banning the sharers, that means they know about this comment section?
It's not just the devs but the discord members as well. They gather every possible clue on Patreon/Discord and possibly have an IP Address tracker. If a kid was able to get my geolocation address years ago with a sus link I opened then an advanced tool could do much more.

Here are some rules from discord with emphasis on rule #17:

4 - Do NOT share Patreon-only content.

10 - Piracy is strictly prohibited!. This includes not just re-distributing Giant Guardians, but also any other game or content. Any mention or link to a site with pirate content will be deleted (And the user will get a warning or ban)

11 - Do NOT record the gameplay to upload to any platform, stream or redistribute in any way. For a Visual Novel like ours, that's the same than piracy and it's harmful for our project.

17- If you find the game being shared into any other place than our Patreon, please, report it to us (by DM) to take legal measures. We are a small company (2 persons) and piracy could easily kill our project. Please, help us protect our work!

18- If you find anything that breaks those rules, please, report it to the staff.

I know myself not to upset the devs nor the crews. Risking for a perma-ban on Patreon/Discord isn't worth it, but a friendly warning for anyone taking the high risk.

Last edited:

Rodri 0496

Oct 3, 2018
I have been baned...i dont know how to handle that.How do the know who share the link?
Maybe your username and identity here is very similar to the discord one. I remember when you brought the update, you were exposing yourself too much. Also, let's remember that there are suscribers who are here, but I am sure that the devs already knew this thread long ago

Misfit scout

Feb 16, 2023
It's not just the devs but the discord members as well. They gather every possible clue on Patreon/Discord and possibly have an IP Address tracker. If a kid was able to get my geolocation address years ago with a sus link I opened then an advanced tool could do much more.

Here are some rules from discord with emphasis on rule #17:

4 - Do NOT share Patreon-only content.

10 - Piracy is strictly prohibited!. This includes not just re-distributing Giant Guardians, but also any other game or content. Any mention or link to a site with pirate content will be deleted (And the user will get a warning or ban)

11 - Do NOT record the gameplay to upload to any platform, stream or redistribute in any way. For a Visual Novel like ours, that's the same than piracy and it's harmful for our project.

17- If you find the game being shared into any other place than our Patreon, please, report it to us (by DM) to take legal measures. We are a small company (2 persons) and piracy could easily kill our project. Please, help us protect our work!

18- If you find anything that breaks those rules, please, report it to the staff.

I know myself not to upset the devs nor the crews. Risking for a perma-ban on discord isn't worth it, but a friendly warning for anyone taking the high risk.
To be fair, they have a point

If I had money and didn't live in Brazil, I would totally buy some of the updates (I mean, 60$ dollars is 300 reais, Wich is 1/4 of the minimum wage in my country, and the price of new gen games, like red dead redemption or call of duty)

Rodri 0496

Oct 3, 2018

If I had money and didn't live in Brazil, I would totally buy some of the updates (I mean, 60$ dollars is 300 reais, Wich is 1/4 of the minimum wage in my country, and the price of new gen games, like red dead redemption or call of duty)
Well yeah, if I was making a game I would try to stop any kind of piracy of it, we all know that what we are doing is wrong and that the hero (or "anti-hero" in our case xD) is doing something illegal. But reality is that many of us simply can not afford it for now and that we probably would never have heard of this game if it wasn't because someone uploaded the pirated game on a website that we frequently visited.

Reactions: MGEfan

Misfit scout

Feb 16, 2023
Well yeah, if I was making a game I would try to stop any kind of piracy of it, we all know that what we are doing is wrong and that the hero (or "anti-hero" in our case xD) is doing something illegal. But reality is that many of us simply can not afford it for now and that we probably would never have heard of this game if it wasn't because someone uploaded the pirated game on a website that we frequently visited.
Yeah, now you are getting into the pros of piracy, but to be fair, they are a indie develop game, not a famous one (like Undertale or FNAF), so yeah, even tho their game gains a lot of fans because of piracy, it doesn't get them more money ( for now), maybe even making them lose money, as some people can stop subscribing and waiting here in F95 to someone post the update

Reactions: Rodri 0496

ELSCHNY

Jun 20, 2020

Imagine that but now in Argentina, the fucking economy is worse per day.
Misfit scout
descarga.jpg

Rodri 0496

Oct 3, 2018
Yeah, now you are getting into the pros of piracy, but to be fair, they are a indie develop game, not a famous one (like Undertale or FNAF), so yeah, even tho their game gains a lot of fans because of piracy, it doesn't get them more money ( for now), maybe even making them lose money, as some people can stop subscribing and waiting here in F95 to someone post the update
True, it makes them lose money at the beggining in exchange for new players, unless they are lucky that the new ones decide to support the project and the old ones keep supporting it without playing the pirated one, which is like a "balance" that tends to go to the side that makes them lose, becoming a problem to sustain the project through the early stages. The ensured benefit would come if 3 conditions are given one after another:
1- The game was pirated in a very early stage
2- Reaching around 40~50% of the development, the devs were able to locate and stop the people sharing the new versions of the game, and to quickly identify new piraters and take down their posts, or found a way to make their game unplayable if pirated (possible but hard to achieve for long because there is always someone who finds a way).
3- Maintain the web clear of pirated updates for long enough to make some of the ones that played the pirated game (us) to join the patreon.

Of course, half of this is pure luck and the other half is working even more to protect their game, although the comunity of the game can deal with locating the piraters and pirated.

ELSCHNY

Jun 20, 2020
Well I did it because the only thing we can do is wait and pray that some hero appear here or in kemono, I am trying to keep positive.

4.90 star(s) 29 Votes