4.90 star(s) 32 Votes

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
She says a soul should go to the afterlife without specifying what said afterlife is, I think. But if it's possible for deities to become mortal like her, or for Vai'Klis to exist, the afterlife could be some form of reincarnation. Soul magic and necromancy is manipulating said reincarnation of a soul.

That being said, I believe Regina mentions that the dead go back to nature, a more animistic view where reincarnation could still exist (reincarnate as a tree, for instance), but souls are also present in the very earth that people walk upon.
It’s all hypothetical/speculation at that point, I’m referring to what he said… in which Eliette never answers what happens after an individual dies… furthermore, Eliette didn’t reincarnate, she incarnated from A celestial body (which isn’t physical) down into the material realm, retaining her memories… that’s the reason why she’s clumsy, because she’s not use to having a physical form in the first place… She also doesn’t understand the in and outs of everyone’s emotions, which might be one of the reasons why she was part of the purification armies… and Vaikliss is bounded to a specific plane of land which has a high density of dark mana… when she died, her soul wasn’t able to leave the material plane because Nyxmay bonded her soul back into her lifeless body, which like you said is some sort of necromancy/manipulation but definitely not some kinda reincarnation

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022
It’s all hypothetical/speculation at that point, I’m referring to what he said… in which Eliette never answers what happens after an individual dies… furthermore, Eliette didn’t reincarnate, she incarnated from A celestial body (which isn’t physical) down into the material realm, retaining her memories… that’s the reason why she’s clumsy, because she’s not use to having a physical form in the first place… She also doesn’t understand the in and outs of everyone’s emotions, which might be one of the reasons why she was part of the purification armies… and Vaikliss is bounded to a specific plane of land which has a high density of dark mana… when she died, her soul wasn’t able to leave the material plane because Nyxmay bonded her soul back into her lifeless body, which like you said is some sort of necromancy/manipulation but definitely not some kinda reincarnation
True, but it raises some questions. For one, souls don't disappear and annihilate themselves after death of the body, so what happens to them? Eliette came from an entirely different plane of existence, so it's possible that real heaven and hell exist in this world and souls go there. But animism - that the ancestors' souls are still present in nature and guide the living - could also be possible due to the beliefs of people in Viridice and Lycalis. These are all beliefs, tho.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
True, but it raises some questions. For one, souls don't disappear and annihilate themselves after death of the body, so what happens to them? Eliette came from an entirely different plane of existence, so it's possible that real heaven and hell exist in this world and souls go there. But animism - that the ancestors' souls are still present in nature and guide the living - could also be possible due to the beliefs of people in Viridice and Lycalis. These are all beliefs, tho.
Oh I agree there’s a heaven and Hell… Eliette came down from the Actual heavenly plane (Heaven) so it wouldn’t surprise me as well… one of my theories actually is that the “Void” goddess is the mysterious Entity in the beginning and is watching the Mc… Goddesses can’t manifest in the physical world.. so…. That’s one of my theories

Reactions: Chivalry/Honor
4.90 star(s) 32 Votes