Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
!!Attention!!

New update is up and OP has been updated accordingly.
From today on we are going to have 2 downloads - the zip here is the actual qsp.
The external link is to the image updates which needs to be added on top of the image base.

Highlights this week are:
- NEW NPC Relations has been moved into 'Player' menu as it essentially depicts the relation towards the player only
+ clicking on the picture of a person will open the note with the NPC's description
+ all named static NPC will be available including their current notes
- NEW Toggles for standard game functions like sound or nightmode have been moved into settings
- NEW Gamesettings menu to chose options for 'casual' or 'normal' gameplay
- NEW Return of the cheat menu in a cleaned version to prevent disruption during clean-up

!!Attention!!
gamesettings.png npc_relations.png

Last edited:

Violet Kitten

Writer of Romantic Love Stories.
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
toolkitxx, I just wanted to thank you for keeping to your word and removing my Fedor and Nikolai content from the qsp. I try not to be a bad person but I just hate all of this. I hate this fighting. I always wanted to write stories but I never had my opportunity to write them until I found the Girl Life community, who supported me and showed a great interest in my stories, so of course it hurts me when I see someone who has given me the most support and guided me in improving my own ability to create the stories that I love, just attacked like that. :(

I lashed out the other day because I felt that no matter what I say, everyone here sees us as monsters, when all we do is create stories for others to freely enjoy and only ask for some respect in return. Someone even saw it fit to attack me in my inbox for asking that my content be removed from this version. I don't want this to continue. I just want to be left alone to write my stories in peace and I want my stories kept out of this version so that I can leave this place behind me and hopefully be left alone.

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Ok nice update, but first of all noticed something strange that I thought might be a one off, Some times when i go to night mode i end up being transported from my parents place to here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also since i didn't see anything about you adding two options that ain't clickable these two seem not to work o_O tried bother loaded game an new game...
Of cause i might be wrong an you might not have added all of it yet XD still thought I would point it out just in case :3.

Reactions: toolkitxx and Eoin

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Ok nice update, but first of all noticed something strange that I thought might be a one off, Some times when i go to night mode i end up being transported from my parents place to here.

Also since i didn't see anything about you adding two options that ain't clickable these two seem not to work o_O tried bother loaded game an new game...
Of cause i might be wrong an you might not have added all of it yet XD still thought I would point it out just in case :3.
As of point 1: Yes that is unfortunately true as long as we have locations that havnt been cleaned into our code yet. As we clean towards normal gameplay first and not for optimal cheating ;) this can happen again so safest place to teleport from would be any of the places with the new foldout menus
As of point 2: Time and weather are not yet back and will go those places. So you are right they dont work and are actually an oversight to be visible currently.

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
I see lol well kinda guessed that might be for the cheats... still the random once in a while teleport on using night mode is just strange. i mean all night mode does is change your background from white to black so.. how the hell do i get teleport-ed some times... @_@ that's just confusing to think of lol... who need drugs... just play this game the glitch's/bugs are enough to make your head spin XD

JulienJaden

May 15, 2017
Hello toolkitxx,
as per your offer, I kindly request that the locations tanNicholas, qwBarPolet and qwBarPoletToilet as well as the "magic missions" stay out of your version of Girl Life.
As you can see by my nickname (and the credit in the Community Version), I translated and expanded the Tanya maid job from the mess it originally was (which is when I created tanNicholas, with help from nutluck), and the bar Rabotnik is my project (to which nutluck and akossi have contributed), as are the magic missions Sveta can receive as part of the magic schoolgirl storyline.

I'm not doing this to pick a side (although I'll freely admit that I feel a sense of loyalty towards Kevin, given that he has shown me nothing but support and good will); I'm making this request because something about this argument on the last couple of pages, about how you conducted yourself and the effect it had both on your team members and on TFGS community members such as VK makes me uncomfortable about having my largest contributions to the project mixed up in this.

Obviously, you have me at a disadvantage, since I would have a hard time proving my claim beyond pointing to the version documentation, but I hope I can trust in your sincerity, since you have have shown VK the same courtesy (and hopefully also will Kevin).

Last edited:

labrat1469

Jun 10, 2017
I've been playing this game for awhile. I think I started back in version 3 or 4. Maybe earlier because some of the translations left me questioning the sanity and/or sobriety of the translator which is why I stopped playing ETO. I would like to send out a thanks to Toolkitxx for trying to clean up the coding. A house is only as good as the foundation it is built on. As a long time player each new release felt like the TFGS programmers were more concern with new content instead patching up dead ends, or unrealistic reactions, and coding. Once I discovered this version I stopped playing the TFGS versions. Keep up the good work Toolkitxx. I appreciate the effort you and your friends are putting into making this game better.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Hello toolkitxx,
as per your offer, I kindly request that the locations tanNicholas, qwBarPolet and qwBarPoletToilet as well as the "magic missions" stay out of your version of Girl Life.
As you can see by my nickname (and the credit in the Community Version), I translated and expanded the Tanya maid job from the mess it originally was (which is when I created tanNicholas, with help from nutluck), and the bar Rabotnik is my project (to which nutluck and akossi have contributed), as are the magic missions Sveta can receive as part of the magic schoolgirl storyline.

I'm not doing this to pick a side (although I'll freely admit that I feel a sense of loyalty towards Kevin, given that he has shown me nothing but support and good will); I'm making this request because something about this argument on the last couple of pages, about how you conducted yourself and the effect it had both on your team members and on TFGS community members such as VK makes me uncomfortable about having my largest contributions to the project mixed up in this.

Obviously, you have me at a disadvantage, since I would have a hard time proving my claim beyond pointing to the version documentation, but I hope I can trust in your sincerity, since you have have shown VK the same courtesy (and hopefully also will Kevin).
Best i can do for you - assuming you are actually who you say you are - is to note your claim. I quote to make clear this is not going to be a nitty picking fanfest for some change or translation but a way to state your actual intellectual rights to something. Quote 'If You feel you have any rightfully intellectual rights to something that is part of this mod we hereby invite you to state your claims here in the thread and also provide some base for that claim.'

Minor changes or translations dont aquire intellectual right per se and since the mod has always been linking back to the original changelogs you have been credited for those changes. I will nevertheless have a look into those sections but wont promise anything.

Reactions: Eoin and ShiKage89

JulienJaden

May 15, 2017
Best i can do for you - assuming you are actually who you say you are - is to note your claim. I quote to make clear this is not going to be a nitty picking fanfest for some change or translation but a way to state your actual intellectual rights to something. Quote 'If You feel you have any rightfully intellectual rights to something that is part of this mod we hereby invite you to state your claims here in the thread and also provide some base for that claim.'

Minor changes or translations dont aquire intellectual right per se and since the mod has always been linking back to the original changelogs you have been credited for those changes. I will nevertheless have a look into those sections but wont promise anything.
I only ask you to remove the locations that I have created from scratch (i.e. the ones I listed above), not that you delete the entirety of the Tanya apartment or remove any and all locations I've translated (although I will say that, given the state of the machine translations when I started contributing to the project last year, parts of these translations are more akin to complete rewrites and expansions, so the state of intellectual rights in those cases is not as clear as you may seem at first glance).

As for who I am, I'd like to point out that I made this account several months ago (for something completely unrelated to Girl Life - I only found this thread/mod two or three weeks ago), so it's not like I created it for the sole purpose of claiming something or trolling you guys.
If you want (and still have an account on TFGS), I can send you a PM from my account over there to prove my identity.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I think the person has a right to be annoyed if they wish to for some reason ask for content to be removed that they made for this open source game.
It has already been stated numerous times its not an original work and does not deviate enough to be considered so
I must admit I have no idea why someone would want their hard work removed from a game that is being improved to a state where it has a decent chance of becoming bug free and well coded
Both factions can make their own games as they like surely that's what open source was created for
This is not the only game that has multiple teams
Hent High School ++ had the same but sadly fell into the same chaotic disagreements
I still like HHS++ and respect all of the Devs right to make variants as they see fit
But I play the most stable version not because I like the story game / version the best but because its stable
If someone devotes lots of their time to a project and its open source you accept that at the initiation of your time and effort
You can still feel you have rights to your work but they are not copyrights
I have no interest in fanboy /fangirl supporting anyone regardless of forum and the devs on here are some of the least biased on the net

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I only ask you to remove the locations that I have created from scratch (i.e. the ones I listed above), not that you delete the entirety of the Tanya apartment or remove any and all locations I've translated (although I will say that, given the state of the machine translations when I started contributing to the project last year, parts of these translations are more akin to complete rewrites and expansions, so the state of intellectual rights in those cases is not as clear as you may seem at first glance).

As for who I am, I'd like to point out that I made this account several months ago (for something completely unrelated to Girl Life - I only found this thread/mod two or three weeks ago), so it's not like I created it for the sole purpose of claiming something or trolling you guys.
If you want (and still have an account on TFGS), I can send you a PM from my account over there to prove my identity.
As i had already stated - i am looking at it but wont promise anything. As you posted this after i send the pm to clarify why i didnt accept the claim right away i will repeat it once again here in the open too:

Kevin decided to publish via github to the public.
That means he agreed to the section 5 of the github which states very clearly that he thereby grants a worldwide non-exclusive license. The base we worked from (0.601 published release version) has been placed into our public github as well to make this connection clear.

JulienJaden

May 15, 2017
As i had already stated - i am looking at it but wont promise anything. As you posted this after i send the pm to clarify why i didnt accept the claim right away i will repeat it once again here in the open too:

Kevin decided to publish via github to the public. That means he agreed to the section 5 of the github which states very clearly that he thereby grants a worldwide non-exclusive license. The base we worked from (0.601 published release version) has been placed into our public github as well to make this connection clear.
And as I replied to the PM just now, I respect GitHub's TOS, but you did offer of your own volition to look into claims of intellectual property.
When it comes down to it, I can support my claim through screenshots of the original date of creation and last edit of said locations, which predate the changes made to these locations on the Community repository, so it's not like I have no way to prove myself.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
And as I replied to the PM just now, I respect GitHub's TOS, but you did offer of your own volition to look into claims of intellectual property.
When it comes down to it, I can support my claim through screenshots of the original date of creation and last edit of said locations, which predate the changes made to these locations on the Community repository, so it's not like I have no way to prove myself.
Mate I'm not going to continue this. If you have a problem, message the members who created this. They can reply, ignore or tell you to leave them alone. And you'll respect that. I and I think everyone in this thread is tired of discussion so we'll get back on topic or people will get warned.

If you have a problem with the way we do things you're welcome to leave.

labrat1469

Jun 10, 2017
As I stated before I support TK and crew going behind TGFS and fixing the coding problems that have slipped by either intentionally or unintentionally. Their first step was the best step. NO NEW CONTENT UNTIL PROBLEMS ARE FIXED. That should have been done back in Girl's Life 5. As a long time player the worse things about Girl's Life are the dead ends, infinite loops, and crashes. If the game is not enjoyable players will find another game to play or will find a group that will take what has been released and change it to where it is enjoyable. No amount of new content will matter because if the game sucks players will move on.

Reactions: Pingy and toolkitxx

poisonx11

May 9, 2017
Question in your cheat menu do the bottom right three buttons work because they do not for me. The cog and clock cant be clicked and the girl opens the fast travel.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Question in your cheat menu do the bottom right three buttons work because they do not for me. The cog and clock cant be clicked and the girl opens the fast travel.
Weather and Time cheat where not included in the latest update and are going to be using those icons. As stated in this it was an oversight that they are currently visible

Reactions: ShiKage89

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
!!Attention!!

<mumbles something about minions for once doing what being told to
leading to not questioning the evil master and creating bugs he is fully responsible for>

It has been rightfully been pointed out that some attribute cheats where not working.
As i know how much you people love your cheats i hotfixed this and also removed the icons not in use currently to avoid further confusion.

Please find the hotfixed in this post

!!Attention!!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes