Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Hey @toolkitxx, any updates on this project so far? Only just discovered it and I must say it makes the game so much more enjoyable. I am not saying GIVE IT TO ME NOAW, but if the mod were working with the current version somewhere in the near future, that would be awesome :D
nope i am pretty sure its abandoned for now at least
I changed the status to 'on hold' as abandoned isnt quite right. I started a few month back to recode the entire framework based on what we did as a mod earlier. Just adjusting/fixing the original code simply took longer than actually redoing a proper codebase - which is what i am still busy with. So when things are done the mod will not be a mod anymore but basically a new game with very similar/partly identical content.

Nov 21, 2017
I changed the status to 'on hold' as abandoned isnt quite right. I started a few month back to recode the entire framework based on what we did as a mod earlier. Just adjusting/fixing the original code simply took longer than actually redoing a proper codebase - which is what i am still busy with. So when things are done the mod will not be a mod anymore but basically a new game with very similar/partly identical content.
If you are actually writing some kind of framework, can it be adapted for the main project (at least if someone ports the content) ?

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
If you are actually writing some kind of framework, can it be adapted for the main project (at least if someone ports the content) ?
Theoretically - yes. The framework has as baseline to have simple interfaces for authors and modders so if someone wanted to port the content they could probably do that. If i may correct one assumption though: This is not a sideproject of Girl Life. Its completely newly written code , a complete new framework and its own game just building on the original backgrounds of ETO and the occasional pun at Girl Life

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
If all goes well i will be opening a new thread for the new game based on this mod during the holiday period.

For you faithful people who have been keeping an eye on here i leave you with a link to a current test version you can sneak peek into.The new game will be based on Sonnix's player which allows for a lot more fun stuff regarding the interface. So make sure to use the included player and/or start with the start.bat
Updated link - make sure to enable this in the player:
enable-extras.PNG

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes