Nizki

Dec 31, 2017
Any idea how to fix this error that im getting while starting the game?
I went to this site:
Copy->Paste with Qgen but still nada. Anyone?

Rebby

Apr 17, 2017
I remember my vain idea of translating this game so many years ago...
Luckily someone competent took it out of my inefficient hands

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
I remember my vain idea of translating this game so many years ago...
Luckily someone competent took it out of my inefficient hands
They have a team that does the translation. Anyone can join (or could at the time). AFAIK, Kevin's "lead translator" gives people some specific parts so that no one overlaps. I remember a while back while I was talking to the team, there was a slight hiccup cause 2 people were translating the old village at the same time since there was no one that was specifically "in charge" of translating.

Edit: @Kevin Smarts : Are the rolchat images missing or did my pack get corrupted? The only one in the folder is rolchat1 and qgen calls for 0 to 82. Or are those only from the dev build image set?

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Any idea how to fix this error that im getting while starting the game?
I went to this site:
Copy->Paste with Qgen but still nada. Anyone?
julzor on TFGS suggested trying a different QSPplayer and I think he's right, the one you listed is one of the old ones and not the updated to handle mp4 ones. Seems it has a problem with using the rgb colour instructions too, hence this error.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Not related to this but something in your review that I don't understand.

I've personally been involved in the redeveolpment of the clothing system, new arousal system, new body system (mostly Vaelon), new skills and attributes system (mostly Vaelon), cum mangement (mostly Drugas), new pain system, new menus (almost all 3xpurt), new stat displays (with illume), new tattoo system, new peircing system, new shoe system, new purses system, new underwear system, new selfies system (a lot of nutluck there), new taxi system (nutty again), new coat system, the npc system that Drugas dropped on us and malen and I had to make work.

Sure I have my finger in a lot of pies but you seem to think that we've just been aimlessly adding stuff on a whim and that's not the case. There is very little of the core program left, even small stuff like the weather has been reworked.

You know how to view the code so I don't see how you have not seen all of this. I don't get it, maybe you just want to cause a reaction or something, you've been very blunt over on TFGS and I call you out on it and suddenly this. If you have an issue with me or my team then talk to us, don't take the passive-aggresive route, it helps no one.:)
I felt my review was 100% honest and objective. I listed lots of positives with the game also. I even said, "All the reviews have valuable information so you should read all of them (not just mine)."

If my review was a hate, aggressive, or revenge review I wouldn't have given the game three stars (3 stars = good). I listed 12 positive things about the game and 6 negatives.

EDIT: 4 stars = good - fixed in my review.

I've played the game on and off for quite a while now. I was surprised when I saw that I still hadn't reviewed the game so I corrected that oversight.

Any disagreements we've had at your main site weren't factored into my review. Overall, I recommend the game and encourage players to give it a try. I'll add that to my review.

I've been considering modding this game but it really isn't a good fit for me due to the frequent dev releases (which the majority of players take advantage of). I would have to update the mod like every one to two weeks to stay current. It is still a possibility though. I'll send you a private message regarding some other things you mentioned.

No hate or revenge here. Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts on this project! I wish you nothing but the best on future development! :)

Rebby

Apr 17, 2017
They have a team that does the translation. Anyone can join (or could at the time). AFAIK, Kevin's "lead translator" gives people some specific parts so that no one overlaps. I remember a while back while I was talking to the team, there was a slight hiccup cause 2 people were translating the old village at the same time since there was no one that was specifically "in charge" of translating.
I was simply reminiscing the time when the game first popped up on TFGames. I, in my naive belief and total lack of coding knowledge, thought it would be easy to translate the 8 mb Russian game called ЭТО.
I was manually jumping from Qgen to google translate, and back again for every line.
I soon realized the error of my thinking and gave up...

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Any idea why i can't go past 40 even with cheats with the Mother? i just can't, its the max i can get, so i can't ask about Father, she never opens up.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I was simply reminiscing the time when the game first popped up on TFGames. I, in my naive belief and total lack of coding knowledge, thought it would be easy to translate the 8 mb Russian game called ЭТО.
I was manually jumping from Qgen to google translate, and back again for every line.
I soon realized the error of my thinking and gave up...
We can all thank MJ for starting the project, without his dedication none of this would have been possible. :extremelyhappy:

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Any idea why i can't go past 40 even with cheats with the Mother? i just can't, its the max i can get, so i can't ask about Father, she never opens up.
You have to offer to help her around the house. Using cheats to increase your relationship with your mother works every time for me at least.

npc_rel['A29'] = 100

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I do have one question, in the voyeur event, there are some broken pictures because in the code its referencing pictures that don't exist. Is this an oversight or just no appropriate pictures found? Neither of these pictures exist in the folders.

images/shared/home/bathroom/brothertalk6.jpg
images/shared/home/bathroom/brothertalk5.jpg

pldmdfan325

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea what happens to the brother on Saturday evenings? He used to be in the living room after football, now its like he has disappeared.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
You have to offer to help her around the house. Using cheats to increase your relationship with your mother works every time for me at least.

npc_rel['A29'] = 100
Just found out why it was not going above 40, its because an event must happen, the one where you need to reconcile and tell her she is no better or something.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
I do have one question, in the voyeur event, there are some broken pictures because in the code its referencing pictures that don't exist. Is this an oversight or just no appropriate pictures found? Neither of these pictures exist in the folders.

images/shared/home/bathroom/brothertalk6.jpg
images/shared/home/bathroom/brothertalk5.jpg
I reported that several days ago on the TFGames thread located here -

It's best if players post bug reports at that location and read the last five or so pages to see if your bug has already been reported. Great catch though! :)

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Anyone knows exactly what to do to find the father, i talk to the Mother about him, but she says the same crap, she never speaks about where he works or anything remotely close to that, any pre requisite? i tried to go to the lorry after mother says the things not related to him, but still can't find the truck driver that tells where he works.

OddFella

Aug 6, 2016
Anyone knows exactly what to do to find the father, i talk to the Mother about him, but she says the same crap, she never speaks about where he works or anything remotely close to that, any pre requisite? i tried to go to the lorry after mother says the things not related to him, but still can't find the truck driver that tells where he works.
You need to talk to a trucker if she has open up. Then you will get more information.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
You need to talk to a trucker if she has open up. Then you will get more information.
That is my question, how do you make her open up, i asked about the Father multiple times, but she always comes with the same history, she doesn't deny the info, but she never speaks anything about his job, and every time i try to go to the trucker, he doesn't say anything besides going on a ride.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
That is my question, how do you make her open up, i asked about the Father multiple times, but she always comes with the same history, she doesn't deny the info, but she never speaks anything about his job, and every time i try to go to the trucker, he doesn't say anything besides going on a ride.
If you go to the highway from Pavlovsk, talk to the lorrys at the truck stop. One of them will tell you to look in the Industrial Area (don't remember the details).

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
You have to talk to the sister to unlock the dialogue with the trucker. You need to have a relationship >= 40 and it's a 33% chance that the dialogue appears.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes