Unity GIRLDIVERS [v0.7.1 C2] [Sweet Cakes Games]

3.10 star(s) 11 Votes

zzyyxx

Jun 16, 2017
I for one am very much into that nasty bug shit - and maybe it'd be equally unfair of me to judge the game for not including it. Could be the dev/artist isn't into it, or maybe they just wanted to avoid being rejected from Steam. I do feel it was a missed opportunity, but I could understand.

That aside, it's decently put-together. I found the gameplay quite mind-numbing tbh, but it at least functions perfectly well. The art is really nice too. Its biggest letdown imo is the overall length vs how much actual content there is - game could've stood to be a whole lot shorter. It'd be more forgivable if there were were H-content within the missions. Coulda had it be against bots or some other humanoid alien types to enable that.

The purple burrowing bugs were annoying as hell, and need some kind of quick wind-up before they can attack - otherwise they're basically invulnerable until they do, and it's really hard to evade due to the projectile spread. especially from the side-on.

I was particularly impressed by the weapon and hit-sounds, surprising for an H-game. I also liked the underground sections (as a concept) - something that'd be cool in the real HD2, where you can't call in stratagems (unlike in this game).
I agree, mostly. If I were to suggest in mission H-content though it would be to play as a male diver with one of the girls as a companion, and there could be H-actions you could do anywhere for small buffs or specific events on certain planets. (Ie reaching an area starts a cutscene, or maybe there are captured girls to rescue which leads to a scene, or maybe some objects in the environment are interactable such as different types of furniture or whatever). You could even say the war drained the male population and it's your job to fix it as a high-tier male. Perhaps food for thought for a sequel?

As for the combat and gameplay I thought it was fun but does need a bit of tweaking.

3.10 star(s) 11 Votes