VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Girlfriend Tapes [v0.9] [BootyProfessor]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Eldar

It seems unfair to me that I still have not given this game a review, despite greatly enjoying my time with it. In short, the story is fun and well written. The art is great and improving with every update. Not only would I recommend this game, but I would put it amongst the best NTR games currently in production.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

thefreeman48

Great artwork with a unique storytelling style. A great game for my particular kinks. I am genuinely curious to see where the story will go. I am looking forward to the next update. It has an excellent balance of narrative and sex scenes. One of my favorites
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1044747

Love hurts

I've been on the lookout for a decent (western - I can't seem to get into Japanese stuff, sorry) NTR game / VN for quite a while - not because I'm particularly into NTR, but out of curiosity for this kind of fetish.
    The ones I've tried so far were pretty lackluster because they don't seem to convey what NTR is about (that subtle pang of jealousy).
    Usually, the depicted NTR is either shoved in your face (BBC) or consensual ("sir, can you bang my GF / wife, please?").
    The execution is also often marred by poor writing skills.

Enter Girlfriend Tapes - which is actually... good?

+ Nice art
    + Hot lewd scenes (no animations, though)
    + Fitting music & sound effects
    + Attractive girls (Riley, you freaky little minx! *sigh*)
    + Well-written story & dialogue
    + Various choices and distinctive routes
    + Teasing & jealousy
    + Witty humour (sitcom moments, HornyFans chat)
    + Good amount of content
    + Clever use of phone, smartwatch, webcam and social media
    + Even on the cuckold route the MC gets some "action".

- Jeff (the MC) could be a bit less of an airhead.
    - Already hearing cum sounds before the MC is (visually) cumming (I understand the rationale - it's still... weird).
    - A bug ("Image 'July 29' not found").
    - Some typos

Girlfriend Tapes is easily the best NTR themed VN I've come across so far.
    I'm particularly impressed that the dev didn't stop at creating cuckold content, but also implemented choices / routes which hint at the MC stepping up and either fighting for his girlfriend or breaking up with her in future updates.
    However, my favourite route is turning the tables and going after Riley - she's smoking hot and I love that she acts all cool, promiscuous & hard to get, but seems to be a romantic at heart.

4/5 - would definitely trade BEST GF <3 for *schlick* TROUBLE again. *FUFUFU*
  4. 4.00 star(s)

sendo1

Great game, storyline is fantastic.. graphics take a bit to get used to.
    The NTR is great. Choices seem to matter a lot in terms of unlocking new content so replay-ability is high.
    As of 0.7, one run-through of the game is 4-5 hours in gameplay which is pretty good.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Lewddude125

Uh yeah, for this genre and tags of storytelling... It's an absolute masterclass piece of content. You definitely need to have appreciation for this kind of kink as it really dives into what people specifically like about the genre. You can expect a lengthy amount of content as of 0.7 (Should take you roughly 4-6 hours). The ladies are hot, the art is great, dialogue is interesting and keeps your attention. The pace of sexual scenes has a good tempo, expect great build up and depravity. Riley is best girl, idgaf what others say. <3
  6. 3.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

Odd to me to see people complaining about an obvious and unapologetic NTR game, ya know, having NTR. The execution is more so the issue than the general content, to me.

While, not really my thing, the art intrigued me, so I figured, "why not?"

And yeah, I can see this being a hardcore NTR-lover's paradise. (For most, at least), but the casuals?...Eh...

Some things I noted;

The MC is pretty fucking useless in every aspect. Not a particularly interesting person, adds no clever dialogue, and is hung like an ant, while all of his counterparts are almost literal gods.

So, nothing new for the genre in that aspect.

Personally, I think making the MC less of a beta, and still having NTR would hit harder for the player. That way the betrayal would feel more...taboo. If that makes sense?

The corruption of the girlfriend character is done okay but feels a bit rushed. Imo, Riley is the must-see aspect of the VN. She's very hot.

Honestly, the art is for sure the star here. However, I don't think it's good enough to carry the game by itself.

If you love NTR and want a quick nut, this is for you. If you're an "outsider" with an open mind like myself, maybe pass.

2.5* for Riley's bratty attitude.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

a55555

The BEST VN out there! Bold claim but I believe it is even though there are so many great ones. Just speaks to how good this game this. He does mostly everything right and the writing is top notch. I love how this isn't an NTR game with blackmail. Not a fan of those.

Mia is my favorite eroge character. Ever. She is a perfect combintion of cute, beautiful, and sexy.

It blows my mind how he is able to code, write this good, and create original beautiful art (that just keeps getting better). Mystery NTR is the best kind and this easily delivers. 11/10. Absolute must play.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

K115

I personally have a gripe with the story and how the characters behave and react. While some reactions are may be a bit realistic, sometimes it feels like any conscious person could instantly solve a specific story misunderstanding. However, do not let this repel you from the fact that this is actually a decent, no, a good game. The art first of all is my highest praise, particularly for the girlfriend, the antagonist feels like he needs some work done imo. But for a NTR focused story, this is pretty good and checks a lot of boxes.

Is it worth the download? Yes, definitely.

As of now (0.7). The game has enough scenes to feel like an almost complete product and they are pretty good, specially with the dialogue and dirty talk. This is worth your time and hopefully it goes on for a little longer, but if it doesn't get much farther than the current point of the update, it wouldn't be much of an issue, for as I previously stated, the game and story feel like most of it is complete and everything from this point forwards would be like DLC. Additional good stuff, hopefully there's a lot more, but this, this right here is pretty good.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

Wow! This is the best NTR game I've played in a long long time, perhaps ever.

What makes this game unique is that it's told purely from the MC's (male) point of view, where most ntr games show the female perspective as well. This creates an insane suspense and build-up, because you're constantly wondering what your gf is doing when you're not around.

Also in contrast to most NTR games the main characters act like they're actually in a loving relationship, instead of treating each other like shit and practically inviting the other to cheat on them. That was refreshing. Your gf keeps telling you she loves you, while at the same time you slowly feel her slipping away. And the MC perfectly balances between a paranoid nutjob and an oblivious dumbass.

Lastly the artwork is unique and gorgeous, the female characters all look hot as hell, and the story never gets boring.

Two minor downsides that could've made the game even better:
    • There are no animations. This isn't necessarily a problem, but it would be a huge improvement. Right now some of the lewd scenes are rather short because they consist of only a single image. This is mostly compensated by the beautiful artwork and the dirty talk though.
    • Your choices don't seem to have a real impact on the story. Often when you get two choices they have more or less the same result. That doesn't really bother me, but I had hoped you could at least steer away from becoming a willing cuck and instead fight for your relationship until the end.
    (thanks for the great game dev, I'll show my support on Patreon (y))
  10. 5.00 star(s)

svsky

The five-star ! One of the best ntr games!
    The author is too understand NTR,too understand what NTR GAME
    he knows this psychology ,
    Jeff's psychological changes step by step with Riley's help, so amazing!
    Riley,the bicth girl,so sexy, so attractive,i love her, Hopefully there will be more Riley femdom Jeff later .
    My native language is not English , don't know if I can express my love for games
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Lexam

Good job dev, one of the best NTR games out there, keep doing what ur doing. Very good writing, amazing art, Ramon is a homie. Can't wait for the next update. I also like the structure with MC being capable of giving Mia a bit of pleasure, and totally uncapable, making him 100% cuck.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

John64

Good NTR game.

Cons: Not a fan of graphics. Many of the drawn "cutscenes" look rough and "amateurish". Sprites are a bit better, though also far from the best ones that I've seen. The only sprite that is totally fine - is the main female protag.

Pros: Dude knows how to make NTR right. Not many do. The main thing in NTR is psychology and the writing and language fits rather well here. Also need to add that this is kind of "light NTR" (at least so far) - that means no "rape" or "rape-like" mechanics or blackmail. So will be waiting for future updates, but the game would definitely benefit from the better artist. The writer is totally fine.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

drowsy

Without a doubt one of the best NTR games here.

NTR is all about psychology. It plays with "the greyzone" of open trust and disbelief, for the male protagonist, and hidden dissatisfaction and lust, for the female protagonist. This game captures that perfectly.

The difficulty with NTR is that it's all about tension. Often, "the air is let out of the balloon" whenever the actual reveal happens, as it just becomes a scenario of a girl flat-out rejecting a dude. The really humiliating dynamic, the fact that she pretends to be faithful to him , disappears.

This game avoids that, so far. It uses lots of methods to keep the tension going. The great thing is that it more or less manages to do so while avoiding that the male protagonist becomes naive to the point of ridiculousness. It drops constant hints that could be interpreted in two or more ways, and uses new media (web streams, phone calls, sent images, etc.) to great effect.

I've seen some people complain about the art, but personally I think the art is extremely effective and a large part of why this game is so good. The facial expressions work perfectly and the gf in particular looks great imo. Also good visual SPH/size comparison content here which automatically adds a lot to the NTR impact even without it being explicitly narrated or talked about. Or, it adds so much precisely because it's implicit.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Voilsh

I was super surprised to discover this game.
    It has a proper understanding of what ntr is (so not random wife sharing and calling it "ntr", no random gay stuff, no western style cuckold... ), and it even knows the power of ntr mystery (with relatively dense mc, I wish he was more dense than this but I'll take this over him discovering the cheating after 2m).
    The girls look hot, you can play in a mystery setting, and it's NOT forcing the mc to cheat as well, as that would break the ntr feel for me.
    The drawings are also hot, and it seems headed to a proper corruption route too (hopefully dev knows where to stop between looking sexier and clown world).
    I am impressed.

Now the cons :
    - MC seems to be more and more paranoid lastly, I'd hate him to become psychopatic so I'd like him to go back to a more dense and calm character, because if he becomes an asshole that would break the ntr (for me). Please don't go with it like "The Edge", as amazing as it is, the psychopathic mc killed the ntr for me.
    - This obviously needs way more stuff like semen on her mouth etc with an unsuspecting mc, to make mystery even more potent.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

-FibaG-

I love this game this is exactly my fetish long and slowly build-up ntr mystery what can you ask more as ntr mystery fan this is a fresh air to see new games with this content not many can execute the story right but dev from girlfriend tapes do a awesome job with hes game...
    Artwork love it it's unique only down site can be is it not show a pussy when girls stand up, it's not japanese game to censored like that dunno why dev choose to not show it, in rest the sex is good show everything with 3 sec loop animation.
    It would be nice if you will add in the future to have option to put hair on that pussy of girls...or situation where mc ask her why she shaved down there? or where she get that bruise on her body...situation like masturbate her on the chicken table like after party scene was good I wish to have more hidden sexual activity where is near mc but at the same time in discretion hahahaha, ohh man I'm so sadistic just thinking what poor mc will be encounter in the future
    I love to see more transformation on woman like mark kissing on body or change clothes in more slutty way it's just suggestions I would love to see this in your game dev, I want it to be a perfect one.
    I'm curious to see what will happen in next update the story is interesting it make you ask yourself and that hidden sex it's just epic...
    This game derserved a voice acting for both female i think with voice acting it will become perfect game, and I hope dev planning to add in the future it would be a crime if you don't put voice on mystery ntr.
    I wish to dev inspiration to keep the game exciting and long run story telling with slow build-up and many mystery with hidden sex in any situation...I can't help myself I never get tired of this genre, thank to give me the pleasure of my fetish.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Albaduldür

Mistery-NTR is the best NTR!

This game is very much like 'The Edge Of'.
    So...no more words needed: it's AMAZING.

OK, this is still a review, so I'll say something:

Mia is as hot as she is BEAUTIFUL.
    And her juicy BIG TITS are just....WOW

The game is pretty LONG and still in development. So it will be even longer once it gets completed.
    The story is not rushed, and you can enjoy it thoroughly.
    The writing is good and the characters are interesting.

Some ACTUAL sex cheating scene will be very much welcome: I'm positive it'll be included in future updates.

Wish you the best dev!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 160064

This game accomplishes every aspect of it's genres to well.

The buildup in the writing is done better than any game I have ever seen and all of the characters are believable in the context of the story.

The art is also phenomenal.

This game definitely deserves to be in the contention for the greatest in the ntr genre. I'd argue one of the best games on this site but I know the ntr genre is one that some do not enjoy.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

phmv4c_1

Really well done game, the character development and story progression is amazing. I'm not really into NTR but the story dragged me in so i felt like my mindset was progrssing with the MC. Cant wait for the rest of this game , keep up the good work
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Sieglinnde

I like it. The art is not GREAT but is not bad either, if you center in the story (which I did) it will be a good experience. The only thing that I did not like is that it's OBVIOUS that the girl is cheating on him (OR maybe in a future we see that she actually wasn't cheating and was all an misunderstanging, but... For certain reasons, I doubt it) and we cannot choose a path where she will not cheat :( but ahead of that its a pretty good cuckold game, I really liked the party scene where they tell the MC "I hope you regret not coming to the party", the game plays with the teasing and I love it, waiting for more updates and hopefully next works because the teasing in these things is what I love most.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

GuyFawkesHer

Excellent use of teasing and lack of insight to stimulate the cuck/NTR angst. Characters are a bit cartoony in their dialogue and actions, but it's not too over-the-top (outside of the Russian brothers, that is). Art style is simple yet effective, and is so much better than the multitude of pre-rendered, ripped-asset garbage that is so common in this genre, where all the women store half of their bodyweight in their tits, and even the "cuck" has a 14" dick.

There doesn't seem to be much player agency, as there are a lot of choices that lead to the same location/result, though it may change the way the MC reacts to the situation. That said, I'd rather have less agency and more substantial updates like this game than every update having maybe 1-2 scenes that interest my current route.

All in all, it's the best NTR-specific game I've played maybe ever, with it outclassing the Atelier Sakura games if only due to better pacing and more explicit scenes. I think it's only 2nd to the Eva Kiss games in terms of VNs out now that have good cucking/cheating/corruption.