• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

fsatti2000

Oct 31, 2018
I’m enjoying the rework so far. I think the writing you have, especially for Mauve, is quite brilliant. The animations I’ve experienced are pretty great too. Some seem slightly pixelated though.

I’ve noticed a few bugs thus far, nothing game breaking. I’m still early and still playing. I noticed when I open the game, dev tools open, and it seems to be compiling 4 errors in the code. When I click patch notes, they are not found (your patreon opens though) I noticed the intro is gone, but I imagine that might be intended. Mauve’s face is often out of frame when fighting her. And some text spill out of frame as well (I think I have seen 2 instances of that). Also, I noticed when you ask Mauve who she is, her name changes to Daisy in the character name box.

Like I said, these are all very minor. But I thought you should be made aware. It’s great so far! I think you’re doing a wonderful job.

fsatti2000

Oct 31, 2018
to add to my previous post, this is what combat looks like for me:
But the rest looks like an absolute 10/10 banger. I'll just skip (cheat) through it and enjoy the rest of the content
Interesting, when i'm playing and I see this shot, her head is out of frame. Your shot looks better than mine. Performance much worse though.

fsatti2000

Oct 31, 2018
I feel like an idiot, I went to mess with it again, head out of frame. Thought maybe it was cause i have the window maximized. Moved mouse and it moved her back into frame. So the screen follows the mouse. My B.

geebster

May 21, 2018
Any chance that we would be able to name the main character in the future? Or did I somehow miss it xD in the version I tried I was called Bingus from the start, though I only played a couple minutes xD

Reactions: Frosty2000

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Any chance that we would be able to name the main character in the future? Or did I somehow miss it xD in the version I tried I was called Bingus from the start, though I only played a couple minutes xD
Yes, adding in a new game start this November. You'll be able to change your name again.

--
Have just finished fixing all reported bugs (except for a few small text discrepancies). If anyone was having visual issues or soft locks in the battle before, please give it a try now.
Also rebalanced Maeve to be easier to fight.
Version 0.5.0.3 (Link may have been leading back to v0.5.0 prior to November 2, 8:00PM GMT.

Last edited:

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
to add to my previous post, this is what combat looks like for me:
But the rest looks like an absolute 10/10 banger. I'll just skip (cheat) through it and enjoy the rest of the content
Sorry that's happening - I'd like to solve these issues for you and everyone else who's having them. Would you like to message me the specs of your computer?

I have a general idea of why this could be happening, but it is unexplained why the performance is better for most, yet has gone further downhill for a few. I'll see what I can do about this, but it seems more like it's an acute issue affecting a few people rather than something 'softening' the memory usage will significantly change.

Troutmask90

May 11, 2020
Sorry that's happening - I'd like to solve these issues for you and everyone else who's having them. Would you like to message me the specs of your computer?

I have a general idea of why this could be happening, but it is unexplained why the performance is better for most, yet has gone further downhill for a few. I'll see what I can do about this, but it seems more like it's an acute issue affecting a few people rather than something 'softening' the memory usage will significantly change.
All good! It's playable, just a bit tedious (although I guess the QTEs are maybe not possible).

prisoner23

May 9, 2020

thanks a lot for your efforts

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Gladia [v0.5.0.3] [Lina Sylph] – COMPRESSED

Win v0.5.0.3 · · · (216.7 MiB :: 863.2 MiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

Edit
: Actually v0.5.0.3 now. :geek:

Last edited:

prisoner23

May 9, 2020
Lina Sylph not sure if by asking this i'm asking for a walkthrough but my intention is to just know if i'm encountering or a bug or it's just the end of content .. my question is is there content after Daisy gives me back my shirt in the current update ?
thanks again for an amazing game .. it must be hard dealing with all the bugs , but guess that's the price you have to pay for quality content ... keep up the good work

Dufoe

Aug 15, 2018
I'm getting a bug with Maeve getting stuck doing nothing and whatever I choose to do it says Squeeze until she's defeated.

Last edited:

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
I'm getting a bug with Maeve getting stuck doing nothing and whatever I choose to do it says Squeeze until she's defeated.
This should be fixed now. Have you downloaded the latest patch? Here:
Link prior to November 2, 8:00PM GMT was leading to the unfixed version. Works now:

Lina Sylph not sure if by asking this i'm asking for a walkthrough but my intention is to just know if i'm encountering or a bug or it's just the end of content .. my question is is there content after Daisy gives me back my shirt in the current update ?
thanks again for an amazing game .. it must be hard dealing with all the bugs , but guess that's the price you have to pay for quality content ... keep up the good work
Yes, for now - there'll be Ciara and Stella by next week.
Thank you

Last edited:

Redgate

Feb 8, 2018

I use an AMD R9 370X, i5 6600K and 16GB RAM.
I fixed the issue by switching the game to integrated graphics, combat runs well now.

1667353972579.png

Dufoe

Aug 15, 2018
The Squeeze bug is still happening on my end. Might be a wild guess, but perhaps it has something to do with a flag carrying over from one battle to the next?

Loaded my previous save and I was able to confirm that the bug occurs when Maeve does the kick combo (2 kicks stacked), you then fail to evade her stomping you and she puts mc's head between her legs.

Last edited:

S3ri4l

Jun 7, 2020
Sadly I cannot save or load my progress, I get this message:
Loading error
Failed to load: img/characters/Gladia-Spritesheet.png
Is it just me? :unsure:

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
The Squeeze bug is still happening on my end. Might be a wild guess, but perhaps it has something to do with a flag carrying over from one battle to the next?

Loaded my previous save and I was able to confirm that the bug occurs when Maeve does the kick combo (2 kicks stacked), you then fail to evade her stomping you and she puts mc's head between her legs.
It's not.
I see. I've tried to replicate the bug with all 3 of her different squeeze poses, having struggled free or having died to it, and, and can't seem to make it happen on my end.

Is the save you're using from before the fix?

Here is the save I'm using, which seems to work.

Last edited:

Dufoe

Aug 15, 2018
I thought that perhaps it's the save file thing, so I started a fresh save on the latest build, but the issue persists. Attaching 2 save files, before and after the bug. I tried replicating it more, and it looks like it doesn't trigger every time, but it should be easy to get as long as you get squeezed by her (and the next battle she's stuck)

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
I thought that perhaps it's the save file thing, so I started a fresh save on the latest build, but the issue persists. Attaching 2 save files, before and after the bug. I tried replicating it more, and it looks like it doesn't trigger every time, but it should be easy to get as long as you get squeezed by her (and the next battle she's stuck)
I see it on those two saves.
Could you try the save I sent here and see if it happens?

Was the issue only happening after you fought her for a third time within the story?

I am not trying to gaslight you, but I literally can't make it happen on a fresh save no matter how many different ways I try. Is it possible your download somehow overlapped with the last version?

Last edited:

Dufoe

Aug 15, 2018
Tried the save file you attached and while it took some attempts to get her to finish the kick combo, I still got the bug on the save file the first try after getting squeezed.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes