Fan Art Glamour: Fan Art & Asset Thread

topher

Apr 21, 2017
Krugger I didn't want to mention this on your patreon, but for your VN I mean that you'd hard-coded in "landlady" etc directly into text, using variables would make it easier for people to chose their own, though someone could make a patch with a few search / replaces, to stay within the rules. Though there's also the game name

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
Krugger I didn't want to mention this on your patreon, but for your VN I mean that you'd hard-coded in "landlady" etc directly into text, using variables would make it easier for people to chose their own, though someone could make a patch with a few search / replaces, to stay within the rules. Though there's also the game name
In the future I will make a "family patch" and make it available somewhere. I don't know if adding a variable to make players choose would work, but I'll test it when I can. I've been told to do it but I think a patch would be ideal, perhaps.

topher

Apr 21, 2017
In the future I will make a "family patch" and make it available somewhere. I don't know if adding a variable to make players choose would work, but I'll test it when I can. I've been told to do it but I think a patch would be ideal, perhaps.
Sure, a patch works as well. A lot of games use variables and have the user choose relationships at the start, defaulting to "roommate" etc, and then them rather than hard-coded all the text, ie:
mc "Why would he even send me a photo of my [variable_name] like that?"

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
Sure, a patch works as well. A lot of games use variables and have the user choose relationships at the start, defaulting to "roommate" etc, and then them rather than hard-coded all the text, ie:
mc "Why would he even send me a photo of my [variable_name] like that?"
I will be sincere and I always said that I'm not very good in programming, in fact I'm kind of a newbie and there are things that I have been learning gradually. I went to give a quick researched and did not find any article or tutorial that explained well how to make these variables and also a patch.rpa
I wanted to create a mapping just like the glamour game if I knew the exact codes I could do. I believe it is still too early for such things and other members can do. Not that I want other people to do it, none of that. I'm still in the learning phase, variables is something that confuses me a lot, I like the simple things, not easy but simple. I've been hunting the codes and I didn't find any simple and effective solution, I know many games use but I'm not an expert programmer.

Reactions: LFARA and topher