Tool Unity Glamour Images Tool [v1.4]

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
well, used once, it did its job and boom, no folder anywhere, used second time - check this forum, check appdata, local, win32 and all other places.....

no image folder anywhere. tried to search by folder size also no results (then used extractor X more times, to make the image folder where ever it is on C drive to obviously visible) cant find, no folder on C became bigger, but C drive lose all free space in process....

how about not uploading and sharing with ppl some app's thats not only broken or simply not working, but specially damaging ones????

The first thing you might want to do is to specify what exactly are you talking about - about the more than 2 years old image extractor for the old Unity version of Glamour that is posted in the OP or the batch file for the new Electron version of Glamour that I posted here in September, just 3 posts before yours?

Clearly the first one is outdated, being made for a completely different game engine.

And in case you were talking about the one I made, then this one works perfectly, assuming you didn't do something unexpected, like running it from some other folder than the folder you extracted the game to. However, my batch file should abort in case it is unable to find the folder where images originally are located and this is what happens if you start it in a wrong folder.
Also, mine is literally unable to fill your disk, since it doesn't make copies of existing files, it just creates hardlinks to them.

Since I am not the creator of this thread nor the original extractor, I thought that it would probably be rude of me to attempt to add it to the OP (by reporting it) as a new tool for the Electron version. But maybe I should, since no one seems to take care of this thread nor the tool any more?

BTW, the original coolstuff.bat extractor can in no way be classified as something damaging. The way you repeatedly used it on an almost filled up disk was. Any app that is able to create new files can be damaging that way.

And what it did was creating a folder named Images in the folder you started the tool in. Not too far to find, IMHO.

It seems though that you didn't start it in the folder you extracted your game to, as it was instructed in the OP.
From your description I would guess that you started it inside the zip folder (in which case the file gets extracted into a partially randomly named new subfolder inside the temporary files folder %TMP% folder by the system automatically and started there), so the copies of the images would also be in the same subfolder of the %TMP% folder.

Anyway, these would be the copies of the images of some very old version of Glamour, since it copies them from the c:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd\Glamour\Images\ - a folder that exists in your system because you have played Glamour Unity version in the past, but is no longer used by the Electron version.

Since you started the tool multiple times inside the zip folder, each time a new subfolder with the coolstuff.bat script was created in the %TMP% folder and a new Images folder inside that folder with new copies of the image files.

Would you have used it the way it is instructed in the OP by extracting it into the game folder before running it, it wouldn't have been able to fill up your disk, since it would have been overwriting the same files every time. The only way to fill up your disk with multiple copies of the Images folder is by starting it inside an archive multiple times.
So it looks like you managed to damage your system yourself by filling up your disk with multiple copies of the script and its Images folder by not using the tool the way it was intended and instructed.
You can do the same kind of damage pretty much with any executable by starting it inside an archive, assuming you start it enough times without ever emptying your temporary files folder %TMP%.

Last edited:

Bellyk Franck

May 28, 2017
The first thing you might want to do is to specify what exactly are you talking about - about the more than 2 years old image extractor for the old Unity version of Glamour that is posted in the OP or the batch file for the new Electron version of Glamour that I posted here in September, just 3 posts before yours?

Clearly the first one is outdated, being made for a completely different game engine.

And in case you were talking about the one I made, then this one works perfectly, assuming you didn't do something unexpected, like running it from some other folder than the folder you extracted the game to. However, my batch file should abort in case it is unable to find the folder where images originally are located and this is what happens if you start it in a wrong folder.
Also, mine is literally unable to fill your disk, since it doesn't make copies of existing files, it just creates hardlinks to them.

Since I am not the creator of this thread nor the original extractor, I thought that it would probably be rude of me to attempt to add it to the OP (by reporting it) as a new tool for the Electron version. But maybe I should, since no one seems to take care of this thread nor the tool any more?

BTW, the original coolstuff.bat extractor can in no way be classified as something damaging. The way you repeatedly used it on an almost filled up disk was. Any app that is able to create new files can be damaging that way.

And what it did was creating a folder named Images in the folder you started the tool in. Not too far to find, IMHO.

It seems though that you didn't start it in the folder you extracted your game to, as it was instructed in the OP.
From your description I would guess that you started it inside the zip folder (in which case the file gets extracted into a partially randomly named new subfolder inside the temporary files folder %TMP% folder by the system automatically and started there), so the copies of the images would also be in the same subfolder of the %TMP% folder.

Anyway, these would be the copies of the images of some very old version of Glamour, since it copies them from the c:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd\Glamour\Images\ - a folder that exists in your system because you have played Glamour Unity version in the past, but is no longer used by the Electron version.

Since you started the tool multiple times inside the zip folder, each time a new subfolder with the coolstuff.bat script was created in the %TMP% folder and a new Images folder inside that folder with new copies of the image files.

Would you have used it the way it is instructed in the OP by extracting it into the game folder before running it, it wouldn't have been able to fill up your disk, since it would have been overwriting the same files every time. The only way to fill up your disk with multiple copies of the Images folder is by starting it inside an archive multiple times.
So it looks like you managed to damage your system yourself by filling up your disk with multiple copies of the script and its Images folder by not using the tool the way it was intended and instructed.
You can do the same kind of damage pretty much with any executable by starting it inside an archive, assuming you start it enough times without ever emptying your temporary files folder %TMP%.

Sorry to ask... Please, I tried it on Glamour v.35.1, but my newly created "image" folder is empty !!! Help...

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Sorry to ask... Please, I tried it on Glamour v.35.1, but my newly created "image" folder is empty !!! Help...
Sorry, it seems I've missed the notification about your message somehow. I'm probably too late now, but I'll try to answer anyway.

Are you sure that you used the hardlink creator version that I made https://f95zone.to/threads/glamour-images-tool-v1-4.10606/post-4170921

and not the outdated version of coolstuff.bat from the first post of the thread? Mine should work, the other one would create an empty folder if you have never played the old Unity version of the game on the same computer.

In case mine didn't work, I need more information about the problem:

What exactly happened when you tried to run the "Glamour_images_hardlinker_node_unpacked_version.cmd" file?
The first thing you see should be some text in the cmd window:
Code:
You have to run this batch from the main (root) folder of the Glamour game
This batch creates a folder named "Images" in the main (root) folder of the Glamour game
and creates a hardlink to every extension-less image file inside the
game\app.asar.unpacked\sprites folder and any of its first level subfolders, giving a
jpg extension to every created hardlink, while adding the subfolder name as a prefix to the file name
similarly to the CoolStuff.bat, yet this way no actual file copies are made and it will
take only a fraction of the disk space that file copies would require.

*** Important note about hardlinks: Every existing file has at least one hardlink, normally
called "file", while it actually is just a "pointer", a link to the existing data on the disk.
It means that you can create more than one hardlink for every file and all these hardlinks
are equal, pointing to the same data on the disk and they all look the same.
Deleting one of the several existing hardlinks does not delete the file data itself.
The data will be marked as deleted with the removal of the last existing hardlink.
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_sport-uniform-1-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\sport-uniform-1-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_sport-uniform-2.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\sport-uniform-2
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_sport-uniform-2-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\sport-uniform-2-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-1.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-1
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-1-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-1-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-1-big-topless.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-1-big-topless
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-1-topless.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-1-topless
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-1-topless-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-1-topless-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-1.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-1
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-1-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-1-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-2.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-2
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-2-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-2-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-3.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-3
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-3-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-3-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-4.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-4
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_swim-uniform-4-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\swim-uniform-4-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_uniform-1.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\uniform-1
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_uniform-1-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\uniform-1-big
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_uniform-2.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\uniform-2
Hardlink created for Z:\tmp\Glamour-0.36\Images\wardrobe_uniform-2-big.jpg <<===>> wardrobe\uniform-2-big

Script finished its job. If hardlinks were created successfully, images are located in the "Images" (sub-)folder.
Hit any key to exit the script
Press any key to continue . . .
And pressing any key now should close the window.

What exactly did you see? There should have been some error messages in case the batch file was unable to create hardlinks.

You can copy text from the cmd window (before closing the window of course) by right-clicking in it and selecting Mark from the context menu, then you can use your mouse to select an area in the window to copy text from and a new right-click would actually copy it to the clipboard. You can paste the contents of the clipboard directly into a forum post or any plain text editor, Notepad for example.

Could you please post here the last thing that you can see in that window?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
For me when I click on any image it says "'imagename.jpg' We can't open this file."

1. What are you trying to open it with?
  2. Are other jpg files in your computer opening normally?
  3. Could you post one of those files here?

ZoZo0311

Aug 13, 2019
  1. What are you trying to open it with?
  2. Are other jpg files in your computer opening normally?
  3. Could you post one of those files here?
1. The normal windows photo app.
2. Yes

I tried uploading it through this website but it didn't work.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the file and clearly the script worked as it's supposed to.
Correction:
The script worked as it was supposed to, but the file appears to have webp compression, so a content-unaware image viewer may not be able to open it, as it would try to open it as jpg.

Did you run the script as an administrator, in elevated mode? Somewhere where you have no user permissions? Sounds like maybe you have no user rights there.

Recent problems opening created files with the windows default image viewer may be caused by the fact that the game now uses webp compression for the images. Content-aware viewers have no trouble opening image files with incorrect extensions, but the image viewer made by Microsoft may not be that "smart" and try to open them as jpg-s.
I updated the script to create hardlinks with webp extension and added the new version to my post where I originally posted the jpg version https://f95zone.to/threads/10606/post-4170921

Make sure to download "Glamour_webp_images_hardlinker_node_unpacked_version.zip" for the newer versions of the Glamour game.

Last edited:

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the file and clearly the script worked as it's supposed to.
Correction:
The script worked as it was supposed to, but the file appears to have webp compression, so a content-unaware image viewer may not be able to open it, as it would try to open it as jpg.

Did you run the script as an administrator, in elevated mode? Somewhere where you have no user permissions? Sounds like maybe you have no user rights there.

Recent problems opening created files with the windows default image viewer may be caused by the fact that the game now uses webp compression for the images. Content-aware viewers have no trouble opening image files with incorrect extensions, but the image viewer made by Microsoft may not be that "smart" and try to open them as jpg-s.
I updated the script to create hardlinks with webp extension and added the new version to my post where I originally posted the jpg version https://f95zone.to/threads/10606/post-4170921

Make sure to download "Glamour_webp_images_hardlinker_node_unpacked_version.zip" for the newer versions of the Glamour game.
I got the same error he did, it worked the first time but all the files are still webm files with jpg extensions. SO infranview asked me if I wanted to change it back and you can open them in any browser, just not in a image viewing program.
when you try to run the extractor a second time it copies the files to a folder in system32 called images/images/images for about 20 times.
which I can't think of being anything but malicious. I don't know if it's the file that does it or the game.
But there is an issue for sure.
and instead of creating files from 2022, they are from 2006 and forward. My PC is not that old and niether is this game so who knows what files are safe to delete and what files shouldnt be.. touching system32 when you don't know what you are doing is stupid.
this is what it looks like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
8 gigs in total
getting a plugin for 32bit infranview and convert them all back to webm and you can open them normally. Annoying but it works

Last edited:

Brombe74

Dec 1, 2018
Hi, I tried to use the file but it creats a empty folder and con the cmd it cames out this.
Can you help? Thankyou Screenshot_3.png

ZeeMental

Aug 14, 2021
can you also pack the images back. for example i want to mod some pics and change them, how would that be doable?

brunonogueira

Feb 1, 2021
hi, i cant play the game because i have mac and i dont know how to run it on mac. im not that good with computers. Can someone share a link with me with the images storage for me to see at least the last developmnts of the game and the art work?