Tool Unity Glamour Images Tool [v1.4]

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
For those wondering as of glamour v10, this image extraction tool threw 2909 files (1.43Gb of 1.53Gb) in the image folder it makes.
I used the OP file here.

Soulbringer71

Jan 26, 2018
This tool has been Compromised. It Dumps a Bunch of shit into your Windows System 32 Folder. Images , Driver Files Etc. And Completely Fills up your C: Drive. It will Screw up your PC. I have to totally Reinstall My Windows Now.

Reactions: eraser606

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
You don't actually have to use a tool to see all of the images for the game. The pictures are all stored as regular .jpg files in this folder:
Code:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd\glamour\images
None of the pictures have a file extension so depending on what software you use to view .jpg files they might not open properly. Irfanview opens them fine.

If for whatever reason the OP's batch file doesn't work, you can try this simpler one(attached below):
Copy the images folder somewhere else, place this batch file inside the images folder and run it. ALL IT DOES is add ".jpg" to the end of any file within the same folder(including sub-folders) that doesn't already have a file extension. I've also attached a shortcut you can click on to take you right to the images folder.
Don't run the batch file in the original "images" folder because the game won't recognize the pictures anymore and will try to re-download them.

before.png after.png

Last edited:

Xpl0it

Feb 2, 2018
So if i understand this bat file correctly it just basically copies all the content from the AppData location to the Images folder and renames it to xy.jpg, is that right?

I just started playing the game for an hour and it seems like there isnt much content in that AppData folders except for the pictures that i have already seen. And not even that seems to be complete, cause it only shows the content inside the appartment and is missing everything else.

Can you confirm this? Isnt there a way to extract every picture from the unity data assets themselves?

eraser606

Apr 27, 2017
this is really messed up the extractor all it did was loop copy to system 32 > image folder and non stop images and make my C: driver full and had to reinstall my windows -.- even after i followed every details u mentioned anyways i really advice ppl don't use this tool unless u willing to change your current os :/

Reactions: Koulo077

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
coolstuff2 just extracted over 6000 images to an image folder. did not put anything on c drive. works as stated. thanks for sharing.

Dobbysocks

Oct 3, 2017
I'm having trouble with this looping, i had this problem a few versions ago and i cant remember how i solved it.
Any help pls?

himler

Jun 16, 2017
So this stopped working after the .22 update. It looks like the files are no longer stored in \AppData\LocalLow\... At least for me.
I made a new one if anyone wants it. Just put it in the Glamour_Data folder and it makes a folder Images there.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You don't really need an extractor for the new versions of this game, since it went from Unity engine to a Electron based game engine (Electron framework = Chromium browser + Node.js).
All image files up to the latest version have been in the game\app.asar.unpacked\sprites subfolder, divided into a bunch of different subfolders of it and only missing their file name extensions.

You may find it useful to try a batch script I made for Windows OS that you can put into the main folder of the Glamour game and run it there.
It will create a new subfolder named "Images" with all the image files in it.
Contrary to the original coolstuff.bat, it won't create new copies of the files, but hardlinks instead, so they will take a fraction of space on your disk, compared to actual file copies.
Attn! The script works only if your game folder is on a partition with NTFS file system on a local hard drive (a normal Windows system disk for example). External disks may be formatted to FAT32 or ExFAT and it won't work in this case, neither will it work on network storage. External NTFS storage is fine.

You can freely delete the created Images folder or any of the image files inside it separately, original files in the game\app.asar.unpacked\sprites will not be affected by it.
OR in case you're not interested on keeping the game, you can keep the new Images folder and delete the 'game' subfolder and its contents instead.

Webp version added.
The new script adds a webp file extension to created hardlinks, since the game has recently moved to webp compression.
This should help "dumb", content-unaware image viewers to open these files without any problems (unless some of the images still aren't webp compressed).

Suggestion: try a content-aware image viewer like (very fast and small, yet powerful, with many additional functions and a wide language support) or instead of the Windows default "Picture and Fax Viewer". Both alternatives are free for non-commercial users.

Last edited:

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
well, used once, it did its job and boom, no folder anywhere, used second time - check this forum, check appdata, local, win32 and all other places.....

no image folder anywhere. tried to search by folder size also no results (then used extractor X more times, to make the image folder where ever it is on C drive to obviously visible) cant find, no folder on C became bigger, but C drive lose all free space in process....

how about not uploading and sharing with ppl some app's thats not only broken or simply not working, but specially damaging ones????