Unity Glassix 2 [v0.12.0] [Gaweb Studio]

ezpot008

Oct 16, 2016
Game 1 is developed by a large company with potentially decades of experience, huge funding and technology to optimize and develop a finished product that runs smoothly with astonishing graphics.

Game 2 is developed by a solo indie dev who probably still works a day job to make ends meet.

While I understand the confusion its a very superficial thing to comment on / critizise, optimization is one of the hardest things to do in game development.

Give it some Time and Daedolon will work on optimization eventually, until then you sort of have to wait for the more important aspects of the game to be dealth with.
I understand the points you mention, i just posted the screenshoot of a triple A game for posting a example of anything , but i had to ask if its normal or not cause believe me i never encountered a game here that made my gpu work that hard so i needed to ask to be sure that its normal, i know that the dev is new in unity and all that but comparing other unity games on this site , lets put "perfect lover" o whatever random unity game on this site i never arrived to the point of 87 celsius grades on my gpu so i just needed to ask.

Edit: just to clarify things, im not blaming or critizing Daedolon , i know hes a god guy that works hard, in glassix 1 i reported some bugs and he fixed them in a matter of days, just wanted to know if ppl is experiencing the same as me in this game with high temps being normal.

Last edited:

Shudokai

Dec 18, 2019
I understand the points you mention, i just posted the screenshoot of a triple A game for posting a example of anything , but i had to ask if its normal or not cause believe me i never encountered a game here that made my gpu work that hard so i needed to ask to be sure that its normal, i know that the dev is new in unity and all that but comparing other unity games on this site , lets put "perfect lover" o whatever random unity game on this site i never arrived to the point of 87 celsius grades on my gpu so i just needed to ask.
Well not normal as in, desired, but its not unusual for a game to run your hardware if optimization isn't there yet. I have the same thing happen with games on steam, developed and sold for $20+ that look like potato skins on gravel but run my GPU and CPU at 80% while some fantastic looking games barely get my fans to run.

Stuff like that CAN happen, it shouldn't but it can and will and hopefully it will get improved upon in due time.

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Enjoyed the first one but it's a bit ludicrous the CG's are so bad in this, it isn't 2005 anymore. Dev has nearly a decade of experience, he should be able to produce CG's with some decent lighting and models from this decade by now. There really isn't an excuse for such old school CGs.

blackrose33

Jan 9, 2020
Enjoyed the first one but it's a bit ludicrous the CG's are so bad in this, it isn't 2005 anymore. Dev has nearly a decade of experience, he should be able to produce CG's with some decent lighting and models from this decade by now. There really isn't an excuse for such old school CGs.
This is actually only the second game Daed has made using 3d assets. The previous one came out less than 5 years ago and was much smaller in scope than this one, which only had minor variations on the same two rooms and a maximum of two characters in any given scene. TO be fair, the lighting wasn't this good. He's still learning and improving.

Reactions: Daedolon

andy4200

Dec 4, 2018
Is there a way to make the text on the editor bigger? I'm not a bad reader by any means, but holy moly, the letters are so small I can't even understand what's written in some, probably you used an huge screen resolution when making the game.

Also, on the editor, the max days for each month is 28. RIP to those who were born after 28th of each month.

Anyway, good luck on the project.
NOOOO! 30th actually.. :ROFLMAO:

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
That was long time ago, I'm pretty sure it is fixed already.
It's not a bug to be fixed. The game used a 13 months calendar of 28 days each for easier logic. Can you guess the name of the 13th month? Which is not in the 13th position btw.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
It's not a bug to be fixed. The game used a 13 months calendar of 28 days each for easier logic. Can you guess the name of the 13th month? Which is not in the 13th position btw.
About the months I have no idea. I just tried it out on the first release, and answered since it was a quote to my comment as well. If the day calendar won't change then with all due respect it feels dumb, since I like to create a character based on myself. I understand your argument for simplicity, it's a dev choice, but to me it removes the will to play the game.

I was a big fan of the first game, but the first release of this one didn't like it at all, sorry for being blunt. I understand the first release is usually hard to be a full success, and I'm sure you probably took care of a lot of issues that were frustrating on beta release, but the game system felt it had a complexity that I'm not very keen into personally.

It may be fun to others, but to me no. I like a lot of customization, but not to the point that the engine is hard to work around. And if it has customization for birthdays but I can't even use mine then fuck it. I acknowledge as any other game in development many stuff can be improved, but if it is similar to the first release then it isn't my cup of tea, sorry.

Good luck on your project anyway though, the complexity of it seems it is quite a big effort.

Last edited:

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
How come we end up with this kind of models .... jesus christs o_O

The models of the first one worked like a charm , no idea why secuels try to fix something its not broken.

Here hoping the models look half as pleasant as the first game at the end of development
Naming this to be a sequel of the previous game when the games you helped make or made yourself were all in a 2d animation style would make anyone think that this game is supposed to evoke the same themes as the previous one, however you just kind of moved the locale of the enviorment from generic fictional japanse town to midwestern usa university campus. It just won't feel right and the constant points of contention will happen because it feels like its leveraging the same interest from the last game.
I can kinda get that maybe when coming up with a name for a project but maybe it be better if it just was not called what it is...yknow so people don't compare it to the previous games.

The named characthers from the description are not even part of this game yet, i have no idea how you wanna make the devil girl look right with second-life esque models and if they are never meant to be made anyway its another reason to not use the other games name. I'm getting the feeling choosing the name was done intentionally so i don't know why people bashing the models would feel...strange... at all.
Also the description says "...,which should could then harvest from you." i think you meant "...,which she could harvest from you."

Another worry i had back when i looked at this first was that the inclusion of much editing of events and such would be prohibitive in dev time to be earned back from goodwill in people making events, when the game wants to be a sequel of something that it does not want to inherit the themes from. Sure you can carry over mechanics but the behaviour of the characthers even when rudimentary is gonna be what defines it for people wanting to make events and now they could not even get the look right if they were recreating the first game. The events would have to be pretty good in establishing a new story and the premise of the game makes it sound like long stories won't be a thing with you not even continously inhabiting the same person. Essentially anyone but you the creator would have to come up with a complete pack of event thought up by themselves which is not very common in modding. Obviously this is all just an issue for now since it just takes time to make new events if that is what you want but it might take years of buildup until this kicks in and the tech debt of adding things to an editor even just to make it faster for yourself is not gonna help.

I bet most complaints would vanish if this was not called glassix 2, then it would just need time and while it would be a long project it definetly would interest people, but right now you are just gonna alienate people.
Why use the name Glassix 2 instead of a new name? Did you the quick story explanation is wrote in the OP post? This game is about Lily getting Anael's powers using Glassix 1 bad ending and it will play similarly to Glassix so I do think the name is still OK.

Transitioning to Illusion/Japanese models to Daz/USA models will indeed make original characters look different but that's a hit I have to take. I can't use Illusion's models for real time 3D obviously so I went for Daz models which are among the best ones on the market at the moment (or at least, when I started the game a few years back)

Regarding events, I'm not sure what you worry about. You could put the whole of Glassix 1 events into Glassix 2, as a SINGLE scenario. Would that not be enough? Now add to that other scenarios created by other players and easily shareable with review features to find the best ones with the tags you like similar to F95?
I'm currently working on the Event Editor for v0.13 and though it'll be in a simplified, more text/input version, it should give access to a lot of control over the game, allowing to give life to your own custom characters be it in Free mode or in Scenario mode. Players will even be able to overwrite my own events if they don't like it.
I think it will help. Time will tell.

I liked playing lab rats 1, im enjoying lab rats 2 especially the reformulate one, i played glassix 1 from the first time it was posted falling in love with it till the last version of it, now on glassix 2 im not gonna say anything bad about the models cause i really enjoy similar games like lifeplay that uses somewhat similar models, althought this one is unity and the other one is unreal engine, about the gameplay i dont have a lot to say cause its somewhat similar to glassix 1 adquire new powers boost your relationship with npc and i like it, still in barebones cause its on early development but still it shows promise like gassix 1, but there are 2 things that i hate in this game, the first one is if i need to travel to another room i need to exit to the world map and go from there, and if i want to go to someones house i need to look for their adress and pray that theyre in the room that i randomly selected, for example if in the atlas it says happy star/floor 3/apartmet c i have to pray that the npc i want to visit is in the living room, cause if its not there i have to exit to the world map and repeat the process till i find them making it a really tedious chore, i suppose that when we adquire new powers we could get some gps like powers that solve that , but i would really aprecciate shortcut travels from one room to another atleast in the same building.

The second problem im facing in glassix 2 its something i have to ask if its normal or not, cause its driving me crazy, for starters with my current computer i can play games like lifeplay and many other unity games from here with no problems at all , hell i can even play black desert online in remastered mode that have astounding graphics, even in a world event with hundreds of players my computer runs really good, but in this game im struggling a lot with gpu temperatures even with minumun graphics, literally my gpu sounds like an airplane trying to fly... is that normal ? i mean i will post 2 screenshoots for comparision, notice the temp on both of them, the first one is the black desert one in remastered mode, in a full city full graphics, the second one its from this game in a simple room basically in a room with almost no furniture and 2 npcs and the lowest graphics possible , is that gpu temp really normal in this game?

shoot 1 triple A online game full graphics in a full city with plenty of players furnitures npcs pets, fairys , you can even notice that its raining and the feathers of the griphon pets are wet.

View attachment 3705305

shot 2 glassix 2 as i mentioned only 2 npcs in a really minimalistic room in the lowest possible graphic settings.

View attachment 3705288

notice that the gpu charge is almost the same in both screenshots but the temperature diference is like the day and night, is that really normal?
For your first problem, other players have already requested adding the ability to navigate directly room per room. It's doable and it's on my todo list, asap.

For your second problem, I think it might come from my poorly optimized layered shader. This shader can get up to 5 differents textures on top of each other, which is not really used fully at the moment but was planned once I add make up features in the face. It was also made this way in the future if I wanted to add a cloth destruction feature (for another future game) which allows me to add a mask texture to make holes appears in the cloth. I'll have to optimize the shader to use minimum resources whenever possible, but as you can guess, it's a complicated topic and with everything I have on my plate, might take some time to work on. But I might have to trouble you in the future again once I've tried to optimize this part to know if it worked ;)
Another reason I can think of is the massive amount of polygons Daz models contain. For the character models, it's already 20k+. Add hair which can go 10k-40k+, each piece of cloth 5k-20k and you end up with lots of poly. That's due to Daz models being so high since they are usually used for renders, not for games. I've already tried to reduce some of them but with the use of morph to change shape, lowering too much completely break some parts so I can't go much lower that what we have at the moment. I hope the shader update will reduce GPU temp, I was not aware it was going so high compared to other game.
Thanks for the feedback!

Lol. Those are not CGs...

Reactions: ezpot008

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
About the months I have no idea. I just tried it out on the first release, and answered since it was a quote to my comment as well. If the day calendar won't change then with all due respect it feels dumb, since I like to create a character based on myself. I understand your argument for simplicity, it's a dev choice, but to me it removes the will to play the game.

I was a big fan of the first game, but the first release of this one didn't like it at all, sorry for being blunt. I understand the first release is usually hard to be a full success, and I'm sure you probably took care of a lot of issues that were frustrating on beta release, but the game system felt it had a complexity that I'm not very keen into personally.

It may be fun to others, but to me no. I like a lot of customization, but not to the point that the engine is hard to work around. And if it has customization for birthdays but I can't even use mine then fuck it. I acknowledge as any other game in development many stuff can be improved, but if it is similar to the first release then it isn't my cup of tea, sorry.

Good luck on your project anyway though, the complexity of it seems it is quite a big effort.
No worries in giving your opinion and I understand it. Taking some time to think about it, I guess I could change it to real calendar. Several players have already asked this and though it might require some code rework, it shouldn't be that huge of a task and might make thing closer to real life like you said and make players feel closer to their characters. I'll add this to the todo list ;)

ezpot008

Oct 16, 2016
For your first problem, other players have already requested adding the ability to navigate directly room per room. It's doable and it's on my todo list, asap.

For your second problem, I think it might come from my poorly optimized layered shader. This shader can get up to 5 differents textures on top of each other, which is not really used fully at the moment but was planned once I add make up features in the face. It was also made this way in the future if I wanted to add a cloth destruction feature (for another future game) which allows me to add a mask texture to make holes appears in the cloth. I'll have to optimize the shader to use minimum resources whenever possible, but as you can guess, it's a complicated topic and with everything I have on my plate, might take some time to work on. But I might have to trouble you in the future again once I've tried to optimize this part to know if it worked ;)
Another reason I can think of is the massive amount of polygons Daz models contain. For the character models, it's already 20k+. Add hair which can go 10k-40k+, each piece of cloth 5k-20k and you end up with lots of poly. That's due to Daz models being so high since they are usually used for renders, not for games. I've already tried to reduce some of them but with the use of morph to change shape, lowering too much completely break some parts so I can't go much lower that what we have at the moment. I hope the shader update will reduce GPU temp, I was not aware it was going so high compared to other game.
Thanks for the feedback!
Glad to know youre working on the navigation system, im always up to give some feedback cause i enjoy playing this type of games that contains mind control/corruption in my spare time , so i will probably play future versions of the game.

About the second thing im not well versed in development at all but if the problem is too many polygons and you cant reduce them maybe you could try to implement something like "amd fsr" or "nvidia dlss" some type of scale resolution ? dont really know if its possible but the games i played with them and i enabled it i noticed a drastic boost on performance and a great reduction of gpu temperatures.

Reactions: Daedolon

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Glad to know youre working on the navigation system, im always up to give some feedback cause i enjoy playing this type of games that contains mind control/corruption in my spare time , so i will probably play future versions of the game.

About the second thing im not well versed in development at all but if the problem is too many polygons and you cant reduce them maybe you could try to implement something like "amd fsr" or "nvidia dlss" some type of scale resolution ? dont really know if its possible but the games i played with them and i enabled it i noticed a drastic boost on performance and a great reduction of gpu temperatures.
I don't know what those those two GPU options are. I'll look into it when I can. Thanks for the info :)

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
The same thing, the developer reading this message, how to fix it?
I have no idea. Could you send me your save file located in
"Glassix 2_Data\StreamingAssets\Saves"
as well as the player log in
"C:\Users\[user]\AppData\LocalLow\Gaweb Studio\Glassix 2"
? I'll take a look

Why is it so easy in the game, I just started and already have the ability to have sex?
If you used the doll mode or slave mode spells, this is normal. That's the point of magic. Making things easy. No grind needed. If you want the lovey dovey sex without magic though, you'll need to charm them first thus some grind.

It's amazing how players can find ways to complain lol. "Too much grind, I don't like it" "Too easy to have sex, I don't like it". Can't please everybody, let's never forget that :x

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
If you used the doll mode or slave mode spells, this is normal. That's the point of magic. Making things easy. No grind needed. If you want the lovey dovey sex without magic though, you'll need to charm them first thus some grind.

It's amazing how players can find ways to complain lol. "Too much grind, I don't like it" "Too easy to have sex, I don't like it". Can't please everybody, let's never forget that :x
You could always add difficulty sliders before starting a new scenario. Being able to change things like XP gain rates, relationship accruel, and spell costs would allow each player to dictate their own difficulty.

Onto another topic... Are there any plans for changing how saves are handled? When launching the game it's impossible to load a pre-existing save as it leads to an infinite loading screen - in which the only way to actually load it is to start a new scenario and load from there.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
You could always add difficulty sliders before starting a new scenario. Being able to change things like XP gain rates, relationship accruel, and spell costs would allow each player to dictate their own difficulty.

Onto another topic... Are there any plans for changing how saves are handled? When launching the game it's impossible to load a pre-existing save as it leads to an infinite loading screen - in which the only way to actually load it is to start a new scenario and load from there.
The game settings is indeed possible. I'll keep it on the side since not urgent.

For the saves, from what I gathered, it's the Free mode which does not work, scenario mode should be working fine. I'm currently stuck in the code for the Event Editor but I'll have a look into it when I can. I'll also update the structure cause at the moment, save file content is really messy which mean losing compatibility with future version when it's done :x

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hi everybody,

I wanted to share what I've been working on this month: The Event Editor, which will allow players to add their own events to the game or modify existing ones. I'll be using it myself to add content to my game too once done.

In the game folder, mods are stored in "Glassix 2_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods". From there, you'll have one folder for each author, inside those, a folder for each authors' mod and inside those, various folders to store XML of various editors : Events, Furniture, Locations, Scenarios and so on... Since we are talking about the Event Editor, the files will be stored inside the Events folder. Then inside this Events folder, you'll have as many event file as you want to let author organize their events as they wish.

Let's start with the editor preview : Selecting the author, mod, file and event:

step1_author.jpg

You'll first have to select a mod author or create your own if you want to start creating or overwriting events. Spectre is a player who designed the low poly villa 3D model currently used in the Newbit map. (Thanks again!)

Then select the mod you want. Mods are kind of categories for authors to organize their mods however they want. You can add as many as you want. You could create a seasonal mod with events related to christmas, halloween, spring, winter, whatever... or create a folder which would be specific to a full scenario you want and so on...

Then you select the actual XML file you want to edit, or add a new one. For my own core mod, I've organized files by actions and scenarios which you can see here. You might notice if you select Spectre > Starter, the list is empty which is normal since his mod has no events, only an infrastructure and we are currently working on the event editor. In the future, we'll have more editors, hopefully the city infrastructure editor which would allow players to add their own low poly 3D models to the game with their own textures, or modify existing ones, and in this future editor, Spectre's list would not be empty.

Now, under the hood, the XML file has been loaded by the game and shows all the events in this file. In my example, I opened the Newbit file which contains all the current events I created for the Newbit scenario. Each event has a custom label so the author can easily recognize them. The current UI is quite blunt at the moment, I guess in the future, I'll try to make it more visual, like a board like UI showing events related to each others (once I add choices) with arrows linking them, that'll come later if possible.

Then you either create or add an event and you'll end up in the interface shown above. I've split this in 3 tabs: General, Conditions and Steps. General is like the name says, some general information about the current event. The Conditions tab will list all the required conditions for this event to be triggered. The Steps tab will list all the steps of the current event, be it dialogues or hidden game flag changes.

It starts with the General tab. You'll first have to select a trigger for this event. There are currently 4.

• On city load: When the city map is loaded, either when you start a new game, load a saved game, or transition from a location to the city map.
  • On location load: When you enter a location
  • On action button: When you click on an action button from the slot bar. Actions is another game entity which will be moddable and allow players to add their own actions, triggering their own events. For example, we could add a cheat button to max out obedience level on all the citizen of the game... I won't even need to hard code cheats in Glassix 2, everything can be handled with events.
  • Off: Used when you want to merge several events to the same event or for choices for example and thus don't need to be triggered automatically by any game interface.
From there, you select a code and a sub code for your event to make them unique. The code is kinda like a category or family, however you prefer to name it, and the sub code gives variations. For example, the doll mode spell events all have the code "dollmode", and the sub code allows to have different events depending on conditions: if the girl is not in doll mode yet, she will go under doll mode, that's the default sub code. But if she's already under doll mode, a second event with the same "dollmode" code would trigger to cancel the doll mode. This will allow me to add a Search feature in the game to find event codes or labels among multiple authors, mods and files if some events have been overwritten or expanded with new options in additional mods.

For the action trigger, I've made it easier so that the code is actually changed to a select dropdown with the list of all possible actions in the game. And with the actions editor in the future, it'll be possible to add new actions like cheats and whatnot.

After that, we have the frequency of the event, meaning how often can we trigger it again. The names should be self explanatory:

• Always
  • Once
  • Days (After X days): With this option, a new text field allows to select the number of days manually.
  • Minutes (After X minutes): With this option, a new text field allows to select the number of minutes manually.
  • Daily
  • Monthly
  • Yearly
Below that is the priority of the event. If several events can be triggered at the same time, the game will trigger the one with the highest priority. If several have the same priority, we trigger one randomly in the list of this priority. This way, daily life and unimportant event would have low priority while story events would have high priority.

Hovering over the labels will also give some information to help authors know what the row is for.

Then we can move on to the Conditions tab

Events will trigger based on conditions which come in 3 flavors:

• Actor: This condition will check variables for a citizen involved in the event. Most of the time, it'll be the player obviously. When the player interacts with another citizen, this other citizen becomes a second actor. You can have as many actors as you want. For example, this condition is used for the talk action. Depending on the target's gender, we have different text. Then we can create whatever flavor of text we want with additional events: A young citizen might have a different talk topic compared to an old citizen. The target relationship or obedience level would also change the speech by using the priority feature and so on.
  • Global: This condition will check global variables, like the time, weather, current scenario and so on. For example, all events for the Newbit scenario would need a global condition checking that the player is currently playing in the Newbit scenario and not another one or Free mode.
  • Flag: If you're familiar with Visual Novels game, you should know this term. It's basically some event variable to keep track of what the player did.
For each of those 3 condition categories, I've added entities which can be added and edited easily and the game will display a dropdown with all the possible choices for this category.

For example, global conditions will list the various time checks. But let's say we want to add a new global condition. Let's call it "City Safety" which would be used to track if a city is safe to live in or not. With the Variables Editor (added in the future), it'll be possible to add it easily which would make it appear in this list and useable to have dangerous events trigger when the city safety is low. Those variables/conditions can have different types : String, Integer, List which allows the game to know what it needs to display and what values to expect and clamp in case of integers with a min/max value (For example, the hour variable needs to be between 0 and 23, Day of week would be a list with the 7 days of the week as values (Monday first btw)) All this process is automatically handled by the game and when you change the condition, the operator and value fields will change based on the type of the variable. integer would have additional comparison operators such as "Greater than X", "Lesser than X" while Lists would change the text input to a dropdown with all the possible values of the current variable. Such as this one below:

For the Newbit scenario, I created a flag to keep track of the Welcome party status. Before the dean announces the welcome party at the end of Day 1, the flag doesn't exist (save memories since in the future, we'll have many flags). Then at the end of Day 1, the dean talks about the party to the player, the Flag changes to "Dean announcement" (maybe I should have named it implying it's a past event, labels are editable anyway).

Then when the secretary gives the actual time to the player, it changes to Secretary reminder.

From there, we have two cases: Either the player misses the party or he completed it. This flag will allow players action to have consequences, same as choices. If you miss it, the dean, your colleagues and the secretary might have different talk interactions with you for the following days saying they missed you or blaming you, losing some relationship with them...

And if you've noticed, the operator dropdown in the picture above (the second one, with the "In" value) was another tricky part to code because it allows the author to select multiple values in the list which Unity doesn't handle by default and took me a while to expand their base dropdown to a multi select dropdown. But the process is seamless now, changing the operator from Equal to In will allow the players to select several options at once and vice versa without changes in the dropdown so the experience is as smooth as possible for the creator.

Anyway, I think this post should give you a better insight of what you can expect with this editor. I already got some comments aiming at the classic "You expect your players to create content for you?" which was expected. I'd love players to create content with the tools I created but most of all, this editor forces me to codify my XML and organize it properly, something I didn't to in Glassix which makes it very hard to go back to Glassix's code because there are so many nodes with possible specific values which I don't remember anymore... Unity makes it much easier. And I'll also be using the Event Editor myself to add events which will much faster than manually writing XML code myself like I've been doing so far. So I'll be both the developer and the user of the editor.

This editor will give complete control over the game contents, even overwriting my mods with the priority system if you want to change how much gains you get from spells for example. I'll add a quick duplicate event button too so that this is easy to overwrite content. Anyway, I think this editor has a lot of potential and I hope that matches your expectations so far. Glassix 2 will be both a game and game content creator. I won't forget to improve the visuals too which need lots of work and optimization, this is not forgotten too. But gameplay is and will always be my priority.

If you have some feedback or ideas about the current interface, don't hesitate to drop me a message. Since this is currently in coding phase, that's actually the best moment to add or modify something to make it smoother, something I wish I could do with Glassix being quite outdated but unfortunately, too complex now that the code is done.

Have a nice day!