Unity Glassix 2 [v0.12.0] [Gaweb Studio]

Moz69

Nov 20, 2017
A tree would be possible but complicated with lots of verifications to do for each cards. But maybe players would be more familiar with such a display. I'll keep this idea on my todo list but will have to focus on more urgent matter at the moment ;)

I'd need to see your player.log file, without it, I don't know what's causing the problem.
"C:/Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Gaweb Studio/Glassix 2/Player.log"

Need the player.log to see errors.

Need the player.log to see errors.

I've coded Glassix 2 to be fully customizable (only characters models and clothes can't be modified since they come from Daz with specific morphs) but here is the list of game entities you'll be able to mod:
- Actions (The buttons you can see in the slot bar in the city interface)
- Attributes: Shouldn't be really needed but it's possible to add new attributes for specific skills or spells
- Skills: Add new skills to the game. The game will contains lots of hooks which will allow you to plug you new skill to specific hook. For example, you don't like how slow ou gain skill points? Create new spell, plug it to the skill_point_gain hook and make this skill give you 500 flat XP point each time the hook is called. There will be a hooks list to let modders know what they can interact with in the game.
- Spells: Add new spells to the game. Same as skills, you'll be able to add new spells to interact with the game and its hooks. Though there will obviously a limit as to how much you can interact/affect. But with modders suggestions, I'll be able to add more hooks throughout my code so more and more stuff can be modded.
- Businesses & Jobs: Create your own business and their job careers path with their salary, schedule, skills requirement and other promotions path.
- Schedules: Each job has its own schedule and you can add your owns. Select when citizen need to work, sleep, are at home or will be outside playing around.
- Characters: Add new skin textures (though it might be complicated) or just simply add new detail layers, such as moles, scares, tattoos and so on which can be added on top of the skin, up to five layers. Also handles make up textures.
- Character templates: Glassix 2 generic characters are not completely random but uses a template which gives core information about the character shapes and textures to add then add some variations between a min and max to some body parts. This is to avoid fully random atrocities and keep a logic of ethnicities. Currently, the game use Caucasian A, African A and Asian A and adding more templates will reduce NPCs twins chances.
- Clothes: Create new textures based on the existing ones for each clothes. Clothes handles transparency and up to 5 layers of textures so it means from one model, you can actually create a large collection of unique designs. For example, you could make the sleeves of a shirt transparent to make it sleeveless. Or even cut the bottom part to make it an underboob shirt. Or make holes in the texture to get a ripped version. Or add a layer of dirt texture to make dirty. Or add a layer of shiny stripes to make your cloth emissive and lit like a neon in the dark. Each layer handles its own texture, normal map and emissive map and stack with additional layer.
- Outfits: Once you have your clothes done, you might want to make specific clothes combinations to keep it fashionable, that's where outfits comes in. In game outfit are not completely random but takes an outfit core then add variation based on the creator decisions (for example, have specific clothes colors for the top, skirt and boots)
- Infrastructures: Add new buildings or infrastructures models (low poly, for the city interface) in the game with their textures. Here again, 5 layers of textures are stackable. Specify the width and length so the game knows how big they should be in game (Game uses real meters references).You can also add emissive layers which will light the windows at night or have neon signs on your strip club billboard. It's not limited to building, you could add parks or mountains to the game if you feel like it. And design its inner locations structure. For example, when you add a new house, you need to indicate which rooms will be accessible such as living room, bathrooms, bedrooms and so on. Similar to Glassix when you entered a house and had travel icons. One infrastructure can handle several designs at once. You could have a model be a 10 floors building with each floor having 4 apartments of 100 square meters each, or have a design of the same 10 floors building with each floor having 20 rooms of 20 square meters each. The outer appearance would be different too then when you create the city, simply select which outer design and inner design you want and add as many of this building as you want.
- Locations: Add new rooms and locations in the game, be it indoor or outdoor. 5 layers of textures too, but higher res this time. In the future, you'll also have to place doors/exits to connect rooms. Similar to infrastructures, you'll create several designs for the room with the furniture disposition. So a simple square room could be use as a bathroom or bedroom depending on the walls textures and furniture you placed inside.
- Furniture: Add you own 3D models of furniture to the game too and hook specific actions to them which will allow citizens to interact with them. Add a new chair and add a new sitting actions so citizens can sit on it and select which sitting animations should be used. And of course, if it can be used for sex, add which sex positions are allows, like sitting handjob, sitting anal and so on...
- Maps: Create your own cities (or maps, it could be something different from a city depending on what infrastructure you fill) and fill this map with citizen: Some will be custom cards you created and for other, it'll be filled semi randomly. For example, you want one building to only contains 20-30 years old hot girls for some unknown reason? Sure you can, the game offers specific filling conditions for each building or residence.
- Scenarios: Create your own scenarios with specific goals or following specific characters. You could technically reproduce Glassix 1 into Glassix 2, or any other game you want. How about Summer Time Saga? :D
- Events: Add your own events to the game and have characters interact with other. Shows camera angles, change their animations or trigger specific sex animations too. A complex event editor will be added to the game later on to give you control of lots of different features, Glassix style.
- UI: Don't like the current game UI images? Create your own! Change the icons for skills, spells and more. Currently can't change element position but that's something I'd like to look into later on. Having a christmas, easter or halloween theme would be nice.
- Online sharing: Once you've created all those previous entities, share them with other players directly in the game! You'll be bale to upload files to my server and those files will be downloadable by any other players. There will be a rating and tag systems so that your new content can be rated and tagged to make it easier to find good quality content or content matching your taste. Or if you don't feel safe sharing using my server, simply zip your mod folder and share it on your favorite forums or websites.

That's about it at the moment. Most of what I've described is already possible through XML files located in "Glassix 2_Data/StreamingAssets\Mods\<author>\<mod>" folder, albeit in a limited form at the moment. Later on, I'll add in game editors to add/modify each entities directly in the game without requiring knowledge of XML. This is the biggest reason Glassix 2 took me so much time to code so far with so little to show off at the moment, that's because I've been working on making it fully (almost) moddable. I'm hoping to reach a snowball effect at some point when editors are out so that content will be added faster and faster through player content. And this is also a reason I released it in such a poor state, because I need to make sure my code would work on players setup and there are already many problem which I want to fix first before developing the game further. I'd like the game to be as stable as possible.
if that helps you

Feb 1, 2018
Well, I must say, it's impossible for me to play this game since it runs so slow on my gaming laptop and my games run smoothly on this device. Like, it can play stationmaster, team fortress 2, inscription, and tons of other games. This was the first game that made it impossible for me to play.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Well, I must say, it's impossible for me to play this game since it runs so slow on my gaming laptop and my games run smoothly on this device. Like, it can play stationmaster, team fortress 2, inscription, and tons of other games. This was the first game that made it impossible for me to play.
Can't find stationmaster or inscription information but for Team Fortress, considering its design and release date, it's no wonder it runs fine, it is not heavy on graphics ;) Glassix 2 will indeed need some optimization to run properly on low end specs.

crashes when I click on work
Seems to be a memory over usage crash. Similar to above, you'll need to have to wait until I add an automatic cruncher to the game to reduce texture weight on low end specs. Sorry about that.

Shadow135

Feb 12, 2018
okay. just downloaded it.

first thing, graphics automatically set on high.Took me like 5 minutes to get into the game and turn them down, i'll suggest them automatically being low. or that's a unity thing?
Scenario, okay... Went in, the explanation about the game, barebones, blabla is cutted off. that's a normal issue, EVERY text too small, that's bad.

Went into the administrative building, dean's office.... BOOM. Poor game slowed by 10x. Got out through ESC, went to secretary office, BOOM. Game slowed by 5x, and my character (or the secretary?) T-posing. Hilarious lol

Sadly had to alt+f4 it, and delete it because it clogged my poor HDD and RAM, not because of not liking it for being barebones. I really liked Glassix 1, so i'm sure you'll do a better game this time! and if you can optimize stuff for low-end PCs, is gonna be a miracle. Little unity games are optimized for that.
hoping to come back in 6 months and atleast be able to replay it a couple of hours!:p

Reactions: nasam and Daedolon

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
okay. just downloaded it.

first thing, graphics automatically set on high.Took me like 5 minutes to get into the game and turn them down, i'll suggest them automatically being low. or that's a unity thing?
Scenario, okay... Went in, the explanation about the game, barebones, blabla is cutted off. that's a normal issue, EVERY text too small, that's bad.

Went into the administrative building, dean's office.... BOOM. Poor game slowed by 10x. Got out through ESC, went to secretary office, BOOM. Game slowed by 5x, and my character (or the secretary?) T-posing. Hilarious lol

Sadly had to alt+f4 it, and delete it because it clogged my poor HDD and RAM, not because of not liking it for being barebones. I really liked Glassix 1, so i'm sure you'll do a better game this time! and if you can optimize stuff for low-end PCs, is gonna be a miracle. Little unity games are optimized for that.
hoping to come back in 6 months and atleast be able to replay it a couple of hours!:p
Got it, thanks for the detailed feedback ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shadow135

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
Could you download the attached zip file....
Using this patch I can also run the game. All bugs I reported earlier are gone. Even the green glow in the character editor.
Now one new bug:

No Text / Button here:
1681485731580.png
1681485358018.png

Depending on the view angle some items are clipped:
1681485665877.png

And one remark: When scenes / events load I get the characters without all assets first. Then the assets (skin, hair, clohts) are loaded and the characters "dress up". Maybe you could prevent showing them (or the scene) until its loaded...?

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Using this patch I can also run the game. All bugs I reported earlier are gone. Even the green glow in the character editor.
Now one new bug:

No Text / Button here:
View attachment 2545888
View attachment 2545871

Depending on the view angle some items are clipped:
View attachment 2545885

And one remark: When scenes / events load I get the characters without all assets first. Then the assets (skin, hair, clohts) are loaded and the characters "dress up". Maybe you could prevent showing them (or the scene) until its loaded...?
Nice to see it fixed some stuff.
For the text, do you have Windows UI upscaled? What is the default resolution of your screen?
For the loading, it's indeed normal at the moment to see things loaded little by little. I could indeed hide it until fully loaded but Unity is a bit annoying with loading hidden assets asynchronously so I went the easy way at the moment. I'll see if I change that later since it's not game breaking.
As for the table not showing, this is normal. Furniture are automatically toggled if they block camera view (based on central cursor position)

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
For the text, do you have Windows UI upscaled? What is the default resolution of your screen?
Resolution is 2560 x 1080; 100% Scale (so none).
But as the game does not work in this mode I had it windowed to a 16x9 size.
In fact if I resize the window the text sometimes is visible, other times not. Maybe also a math bug.

Visible:
1681537818661.png
Invisible: (some pixels wider)
1681537965228.png

As for the table not showing, this is normal. Furniture are automatically toggled if they block camera view (based on central cursor position)
Ok, understood. Then it just "feels" strange ;-)

When I press the "Profile" button in the map view the UI and anything vanished. I can only close the game, right?

Other then navigating around: Should I be able to talk to somone? I can toggle the actions using the buttons below, the cursor icon changes, but if I click someone nothing happens.

Last edited:

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Resolution is 2560 x 1080; 100% Scale (so none).
But as the game does not work in this mode I had it windowed to a 16x9 size.
In fact if I resize the window the text sometimes is visible, other times not. Maybe also a math bug.

Visible:
View attachment 2547307
Invisible: (some pixels wider)
View attachment 2547309

Ok, understood. Then it just "feels" strange ;-)

When I press the "Profile" button in the map view the UI and anything vanished. I can only close the game, right?

Other then navigating around: Should I be able to talk to somone? I can toggle the actions using the buttons below, the cursor icon changes, but if I click someone nothing happens.
Thanks for the details about the scaling, I'll fix that in next version.

For the profile, I forgot the "patch" I sent here contained some of my work for v0.5.0 which updates the attributes and skills displayed in the Profile page, meaning that you actually need some new assets to have this page work. I'm afraid you'll have to wait next version for this part.

For NPCs interactions, at the moment, only the head is clickable. I'll add more colliders on the body too but since they require dynamic resizing depending on morphs, it was more tricky to add so I simply skipped it in v0.4.

Reactions: NickNo

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Unless you have a $2500K+ gaming laptop, don't even think about playing in-development games on a laptop.
You're also comparing games with relatively simple textures with a modern game.

Get a proper gaming desktop computer.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
From it, I can see your Windows uses comma separator for decimal but you also have another error regarding the Quests global object which can also be the cause.

Could you download the attached zip file, put it inside the Glassix 2_Data\Managed folder, unzip it and overwrite the existing one, then try again to load the city. If it still fails, could you send me the log file again to see if it fixed the decimal separator error at least?
Surprised that this is an issue, since
- the decimal comma separator is actually the international default.
- Unity supports handling this by default. (Unity is originally Danish and made to work internationally)

I have a problem with the profile button which softlocks the game (empty screen).

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Surprised that this is an issue, since
- the decimal comma separator is actually the international default.
- Unity supports handling this by default. (Unity is originally Danish and made to work internationally)

I have a problem with the profile button which softlocks the game (empty screen).
I checked wikipedia but it doesn't say the comma is the default internation. It says comma or dot. I live in china where it's dot. I think for english countries, it's also dot. Europe is comma (at least french for sure, and some spanish players also seem to be comma which is why I extend to Europe).
Unity doesn't handle that by default because it's simply impossible to know what separator the creator will want for his game. Unity does offer an easy solution to choose which one you the creator wants to force but it needs to be configured. I wasn't aware of that but that's what I fixed in the patch given here. And for the profile page bugging, this is also due to the patch which contains some work for the next version which I forgot I had implemented but the patch is missing some new assets for the profile page now which breaks it. Will be fixed in next public version coming next month.

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
No asset loads into my game and I don't know why, it says invalid path or something. I can't play the scenario or get to the char editor. I was able to create a character in the previous version when there was no scenario to play. I really have no idea why this is happening.

Also the main menu is just pure white screen with buttons.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
No asset loads into my game and I don't know why, it says invalid path or something. I can't play the scenario or get to the char editor. I was able to create a character in the previous version when there was no scenario to play. I really have no idea why this is happening.

Also the main menu is just pure white screen with buttons.
Could you send the player.log file located in "C:/Users/<user>/AppData/LocalLow/Gaweb Studio/Glassix 2"?

Reactions: arelor