Ric

Oct 21, 2016
patch 23.0-23.1

changelog

Reactions: aweriel

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
@Daedolon Is there any update on whether renaming the main character may become a feature? Previously you had expressed some interest in the idea saying you would check with your patrons.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
@Daedolon Is there any update on whether renaming the main character may become a feature? Previously you had expressed some interest in the idea saying you would check with your patrons.
With the amount of dialogue in already? Having to replace every instance of "Kei" with some much longer variable code might take a long time. Find-and-replace notwithstanding, I don't get why some people want this.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
With the amount of dialogue in already? Having to replace every instance of "Kei" with some much longer variable code might take a long time. Find-and-replace notwithstanding, I don't get why some people want this.
It shouldn't take a long time, I've switched out names for tons of open source games. With all the tools such as find and replace, even in the worst cases it doesn't take more than an hour or two. It also may already be coded using a variable, best practice, in which case it would take even less time as only the variable's value needs to be changed.

As to why people would want this, renaming MC a very popular feature in many rpgs. Unless there's a reason as to why his name must be Kei (like voice acting), there's usually isn't much of a reason not to offer that bit of easy to implement customization.

Last edited:

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
It shouldn't take a long time, I've switched out names for tons of open source games. With all the tools such as find and replace, even in the worst cases it doesn't take more than an hour or two.
It's not that simple. Keep in mind that the game is not English language only, and in other languages a name can have many forms (for example, six in Russian), depending on how it's used in a sentence. The translator can use the correct form easily, but to have it automated requires a lot of effort.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
It was mentioned yes. I'll add this for next version since it's not that big of a deal but as others wrote here, the custom name might not work for some language. I'll check with the russian translator to see what can be done about it.

Found a bug in 23.1. The option to give girls items doesn’t appear anymore.
I'll check what's happening, thanks for the feedback.

It's not that simple. Keep in mind that the game is not English language only, and in other languages a name can have many forms (for example, six in Russian), depending on how it's used in a sentence. The translator can use the correct form easily, but to have it automated requires a lot of effort.
I didn't think about this one indeed. I'll check with the russian translator how they usually handle that.

Reactions: Tehemai

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
I didn't think about this one indeed. I'll check with the russian translator how they usually handle that.
It's only a problem if you allow user-defined names. As it is, the translator translates the whole sentence anyway, and (s)he can use the correct form.

Otherwise the correct form would need to be indicated in every (translated) message. This part is actually easy to do if the translator knows the langiuage well. The tricky part is to create the whole set of forms from just the single user input - there are many special cases to take into account there, so it won't be easy, and might not be even feasible.

TL;DR: User-defined names, many translations, reasonable effort - choose any two.

EDIT: There might be another solution: only allow user-defined names in the English version of the game (and possibly other languages where a name can only have a single form).

Last edited:

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I didn't really consider that other languages could have such rules. Custom names wouldn't affect the sentence syntax of any of the ones I know by themselves. Of course it would be very understandable for this feature not to make it in those languages. Thanks for the hard work Daedolon. :eazyHype:

JohnGlenn

Aug 18, 2017
I haven't played since 19.2, so I downloaded all the patches. But where exactly does the ru folder content get added?

HHSForever

Jul 16, 2017
I have run into an issue a couple of times now where at version 23 my save gets corrupted and girls are relocked, with just Aiko showing up at 50/100 affection and no obedience. Did I miss one of the updates when installing or something?

Also suggestion for cheats, it would be nice to go back to single point increases/decreases instead of instant max increases with a single click. It was nice to speed things along a little bit from the grind on repeat play without missing any of the dialogue/changes in behavior that comes along the way.

hawk55

Feb 14, 2018
where can i get a current up to date walk though of this game without having to be a patreon of the Dev.???

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Try making a search on 'walkthrough' on this thread, there's a walkthrough a few pages back. And then you didn't even have to wait for a response!

3.50 star(s) 65 Votes