Mod Ren'Py Global Walkthrough Mod for most Ren'Py games [1.1] [fergz]

fergz

Jun 19, 2019
freg.png
Overview:
There's no walkthrough mod for your favorite game?
Tired of downloading 10 different walkthrough mods for each game?
The game just updated and you can't wait for a walkthrough mod?
I got you.

This mod automatically implements a Walkthrough mod for Ren'Py games, highlighting the choices and showing the points by scanning through game script files.

Note: The mod may not work perfectly for all games or could break some(not encountered yet)! 100% guaranteed to work games are listed in the Tested & fully working games section. I will be constantly updating the thread with working/not working games.

Updated: 2022-08-27
Game/Creator: Any Ren'Py game using Ren'Py 6+
Modder:
Mod version: 1.1

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tested & fully working games:

How does it work?

Installation:

Change-Log:

Troubleshooting:
Download: - - -
Second version (extracts script files and unrpyc included): - - -
Third version (extracts script files from RENPY8 games): - - -

Screenshots:
badik.png summersgone(bellashere).png BrokenDreamers.png WiAB.png Acquainted.png AMothersLove.png AoA.png becomearockstar.jpg Blairewood.png FreshWomen (3).png WhereTheHeartIs.png

Last edited:

fergz

Jun 19, 2019

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
While I don't have problems with downloading multiple walkthrough downloads, it's certainly one useful tool to have in the future, just to have the option of "making" (between quotes because it's not me, but the tool) my own walkthrough mods.

HaLls86

Jan 21, 2018
Thanks! Updated the mod to make both of these games work. That error should also never ever appear again in any game.

Could you tell me what problems are you having?
I haven't restarted the game so it doesn't work.

Jan 18, 2020
If this really works, why has it not been done before? I know pretty much nothing about coding, so I get that the technical will always be beyond me, but how is this brand new? This is like the magic spell everyone has been searching for. So I don't get why it has never been done if its always been possible.

This isn't any kind of critique or shade or anything btw, I'm just genuinely baffled. Any chance of explaining a bit more?

Reactions: fergz

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 7, 2019
If this really works, why has it not been done before? I know pretty much nothing about coding, so I get that the technical will always be beyond me, but how is this brand new? This is like the magic spell everyone has been searching for. So I don't get why it has never been done if its always been possible.

This isn't any kind of critique or shade or anything btw, I'm just genuinely baffled. Any chance of explaining a bit more?
There exist already universal mod like 0x52 Universal mod. Those mods in general are decent and work when it comes to WT mods aka which answer give + or - points as long the mod is able to read the script files correct. But most of the time Modders provide individual WT Mods and those WT mods have most of the time extra functions like rename your character add realtionship points or make you able to play multiple path's. But there are also games where Universal mods are not able to detect + or - points and then individual wt mod might be required. Btw if this universal mod might not work on a certain game and the moder that provided the previous wt mod did not updated it quick and you want really play the game you could also use ATOM and check the script yourself which isn't that difficult. Edit: Also the standart user don't pay attention to anything else then a game op so he would 90% of the time don't even find this thread because it's not linked in OP.

Last edited:

fergz

Jun 19, 2019

Like Viessa said, there is a Universal Mod that lets you tweak game variables, choices etc.
But in this mod, you don't need to look anything up, no changing of variables etc, it's already done for you. Basically it's accessible to anyone straight out of the box.
Think of it just like a normal Walkthrough mod but for any game.

is it possible to make this mod work on Joiplay for android?
Sorry, there's currently no plans on making the mod work for android.

Thanks but still not working with life in Santa County for me
LISC.png
What problems are you having? Besides updating the mod I also added a new Troubleshooting section which will hopefully address some issues some games would be having when using the second mod version. One LISC issue is there.

Last edited:

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Like Viessa said, there is a Universal Mod that lets you tweak game variables, choices etc.
But in this mod, you don't need to look anything up, no changing of variables etc, it's already done for you. Basically it's accessible to anyone straight out of the box.
Think of it just like a normal Walkthrough mod but for any game.

Sorry, there's currently no plans on making the mod work for android.

View attachment 2010026
What problems are you having? Besides updating the mod I also added a new Troubleshooting section which will hopefully address some issues some games would be having when using the second mod version. One LISC issue is there.
No problem but it is not working for me I'll try a install
Edit : Still not working I don't know why

Last edited:

fergz

Jun 19, 2019
No problem but it is not working for me I'll try a install
Edit : Still not working I don't know why
I'll download the uncompressed version and check. Make sure the game script files are exposed and you fully read the instructions.