Mod Ren'Py Global Walkthrough Mod for most Ren'Py games [1.1] [fergz]

fergz

Jun 19, 2019
Good job! But unfortunately the first one I tried, Project ATMOSPHERE, didn't work. I tried both versions, extracting or not the rpa packages. No error appears, it just doesn't show anything.
Nothing happens because un.rpyc doesn't extract the script files :/ (it's not updated to work with Ren'Py versions 8+).

Not working with family at home 2 maybe because the variables are actually in Spanish
The game doesn't really require a walkthrough, as there's no variables and rp points.

Reactions: vimey

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
If this really works, why has it not been done before? I know pretty much nothing about coding, so I get that the technical will always be beyond me, but how is this brand new? This is like the magic spell everyone has been searching for. So I don't get why it has never been done if its always been possible.

This isn't any kind of critique or shade or anything btw, I'm just genuinely baffled. Any chance of explaining a bit more?

simple this pretty much just highlights any +variable when in alot games that means "good/best" choice but in some it could mean bad choice same with it dectecting a True/False flag this mod won't be able to tell if its good to have it false or true, thats why individual WT-mods are better for an indepth WT that will show the actually best answer/path regardless if it happens to be a false trigger or a -variable that leads to it

However if you know the game well and how it works for example if you want +corruption points and - love points (if you want that "route" and if the variable are actually labeled neatly some aren't nice like "girlname love" i've seen some that are impossible to tell what it actually does unless you read the script yourself to track it) you can just pick what the mod says as "bad" and carry on with that Lol

Reactions: DorianGreyEminence
Jan 18, 2020
simple this pretty much just highlights any +variable when in alot games that means "good/best" choice but in some it could mean bad choice same with it dectecting a True/False flag this mod won't be able to tell if its good to have it false or true, thats why individual WT-mods are better for an indepth WT that will show the actually best answer/path regardless if it happens to be a false trigger or a -variable that leads to it

However if you know the game well and how it works for example if you want +corruption points and - love points (if you want that "route" and if the variable are actually labeled neatly some aren't nice like "girlname love" i've seen some that are impossible to tell what it actually does unless you read the script yourself to track it) you can just pick what the mod says as "bad" and carry on with that Lol
That makes sense. And is what I was really wondering. I've looked through the scripts on many of the games. What you said is exactly why I was confused by a universal mod being practical. For me at least. Yeah, I'll stick with individual mods I guess. But its nice to know there's an option. Perhaps improvements or streamlines will be made building on it too. Thanks for the info :)

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Just one suppid question about installation........put the Mod inside MAIN game folder OR Main game/game folder ????

Reactions: Ainz22tutti

benkhalifa

Aug 12, 2018
Yes, unfortunately, the mod does not work in all games where there are different and important choices in the dialogues. Perhaps there is something to modify or correct in it. Free Pass 100% did not work even after all possible manipulations with unpacking files.

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Guys is it work for Free Pass? I fallow instructions but for some reasons it doesn't work for me ;v View attachment 2064112
Yes, unfortunately, the mod does not work in all games where there are different and important choices in the dialogues. Perhaps there is something to modify or correct in it. Free Pass 100% did not work even after all possible manipulations with unpacking files.
Don't know if you already know but there's already an Walkthrough Mod done by JokerLeader

Reactions: JokerLeader