• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Glowing Stones : Heroes' Awakening [Ch.4] [MoonLightDevCorp]

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes
Mar 29, 2021
It's good to see that the game is supposed to be released on Steam as an Early Access some time in the future: (y)

MoonlightDevCorp

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2021
Hello there!
Wow, it's a little too fast for me lol!

Yep, the game will be released as an Early Access some time in the future on Steam. The page is not entirely setup yet, but if you want/wish to help me and my game, don't hesitate at all to add the game to your wishlist! it doesn't commit you to anything but helps a lot!

An annoncement will arrive about that, but don't wait for it ! :)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
pretty decent update I have to say, good amount of content, and the story is interesting... dunno why but I'm getting some "Kickass" vibes from it. Tho a bit of a plot issue I see... you've got to get the sidechick a mask or something. MC insists on it for himsefl as to not be recognized and she just walks out in the open like that, not cool. Otherwise looking good.
Also pls no masks like these, they make no sense :ROFLMAO:
1676062639254.png

MoonlightDevCorp

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2021
Thank you ^^ For the mask, there will be something in the next chapter yes, it's already planned.
But, sorry, this kind of mask, there will be some... because you can't do a comic's VN without that :D

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Glowing Stones : Heroes' Awakening [Ch.2] [MoonLightDevCorp]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 297 MB

PC/MAC: - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Glowing Stones : Heroes' Awakening [Ch.2] [MoonLightDevCorp]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 297 MB

PC/MAC: - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank all that is proper that it's a solid compression from a solid source this time. Thank you sincerely.

Reactions: giqui

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay folks, regarding the pending SanchoMod update there's a twist (more than one actually but let's start with this one first). Since the dev is natively French speaking it only stands to reason that he'd implement a language setting at some point. That point is now. Since we are competing for RenPy and Python resources regarding this (SanchoMod is natively English and never really played well with others) the best I can do for the time being is have everything thing VN related in French if it's chosen, except the portions with the dynamic ChoiceGuide. Let me briefly explain: If the ChoiceGuide is Off then all dialogue and choices are in French (again, if it's the chose language). If the ChoiceGuide is On then everything will be in French EXCEPT the choice that has a guide function in it. A picture is worth a thousand words so let this help what I just said sink in:
1676072091813.png 1676072132771.png
Now, you folks wanting French might think "well, that sucks" but not really. You still will get all the benefits of all the other features contained within SanchoMod plus you have the option to use the dev's WT guide which will translate to French with no problem. You only miss out on the mod's ChoiceGuide and it's associated choice text when the ChoiceGuide is enabled.

Make sense? Hope so. I'll work on a full resolution later but converting all of this to the lasted Core v7 plus dealing with all the Ch2 coding changes is a bit of a chore on it's own... I think this one issue will be acceptable for the time being (I hope, don't flame me).

Regards till next update, I gotta get back to it (and get another adult beverage refill).

MoonlightDevCorp

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2021
Thanks a lot Sancho, and I agree, it's not a big deal. Even for the french people that are playing, if they really want your choiceguide, they can understand some english (they've found it here after all ;) ) only in choices.

razardkun

Jan 5, 2022
MoonlightDevCorp

What can I say without putting you off, I really wanted to like the game (at the moment at most average), even more so because you seem like a nice guy, but I couldn't. The game has good points, but it has important bad points.

In order not to get too big I'm going to say just two things I didn't like, the main big mistake for me is; the FMC (childhood friend, Amy) man that won't work, what a nasty and annoying character, how can you have a character like that when she is so important to the story.

Spends the entire game making fun of the MC, making light of it, talking about going after other guys, spend 70% of the game friendzoning the MC, man that's annoying, there's no way you have a good feeling for a character like that,and for worse the MC just has to accept it like a fool or be a simp, for him be friendzoned again later, if she was a secondary or side character, I could even ignore it, I just told her to leave and forgot about her, no problem at all .But she's the FMC(she is very important to history) that i can't handle it, her dialogues are really really bad.

I know that in the end it will probably change(her relationship with the MC), but if it doesn't have a good beginning, it won't reach in the end.

Second thing is more technical part, the transition of animated scenes, could improve. Scenes continuously changing automatically would be better, not by choice, give a better sense of continuity and stage progression of that scene. after passing the whole scene, there you can put the option to choose which part of the scene the player wants to see.

But all that I said is just my opinion, nothing more. I wish you the best of luck with your game and that you have a lot of success.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: eslamtito229

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1676091413676.png
Here is the chapter 2!
1676091586246.png
I see the light!
Your power is awakened, but, now, it's time to use it for good!
1676091660933.png
Now you can take your first steps as a newborn hero!

- 3190 story script lines (yes, there is a lot more on code)

There are also 4 recurring characters that appear for the first time in this chapter.

And... With the public release comes the first official translation of GS, in French (of course :D ).
But because it's official, I redesigned all the images of the TV news in the first chapter,
and all the buttons... and more than 20,000 words to translate!

I'm proud of these numbers to be honest.

And, if you prefer, you can now play this adventure in French!
You can change the language in the settings menu.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Thanks a lot, it's added in the first page ^^
The front page "Compressed" link should be pointing to my post links, not the direct download links. It's not interesting for me to compress your game this way. :rolleyes:

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes