VN Ren'Py Going for Goal [v0.08 Hotfix] [DarkSkello]

3.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
This game should have a translator. i don't understand any other language except for English. It takes the fun out of games having to go to Google translate to understand what they are saying.

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Looks interesting

mnmgoat

Jun 21, 2023
when i try to install it on my phone, a warning message appears telling me that the apk contains a trojan. so i didn't install it, but did you get the same message?

darkskello

Going For Goal Dev
Game Developer
May 3, 2022
when i try to install it on my phone, a warning message appears telling me that the apk contains a trojan. so i didn't install it, but did you get the same message?
Not too sure on the android side of things. I'm not the one who did the port, only PC and MAC versions.

darkskello

Going For Goal Dev
Game Developer
May 3, 2022
As stated in the changelog, you may have to create a new save due to an issue found in testing regarding one of the relationship tags. Also, the update is released over on patreon, just waiting for the approval for f95.

Reactions: BTLD

Madridfan

Feb 10, 2018
Updated my Mod for the game. But realized I even havn't posted it here on F95 before... (I'm getting old).
The Mod adds some more game settings (textbox opacity/textsize etc) and choice recommendations (WT).

Download Mod v0.04 (~3MB)
Workupload -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.04 (~133MB)
Workupload -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 2687124 View attachment 2687125 View attachment 2687126 View attachment 2687127 View attachment 2687129
up pls this and leaving dna if you have time ^^

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Too many players are against the story/plot (especially the mother raping part for background story), hope dev can redo the plot by making more sense and avoid some sensitive topics that they don't like. Since your target players are mostly harem/incest players, it had better changing before going too far or it will end up dead probably. Hope you the best.

darkskello

Going For Goal Dev
Game Developer
May 3, 2022
Too many players are against the story/plot (especially the mother raping part for background story), hope dev can redo the plot by making more sense and avoid some sensitive topics that they don't like. Since your target players are mostly harem/incest players, it had better changing before going too far or it will end up dead probably. Hope you the best.
One person mentioned it after several updates. Obviously a memer/troll. Before no incident since in the story it never actually states she was raped. it was illuded to but never confirmed. People are quick to jump to conclusions since I had several options for how it all went down. I'm settled on one right now which ties in with what is said earlier in the story. Once again allowed since the word rape was never once mentioned within the dialogue itself. But some people read the comments before downloading said game. I know because I do it myself. Said games suffer for it. But, as all games are, you will either like it or dislike it.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
GoingForGoal-0.05
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
One person mentioned it after several updates. Obviously a memer/troll. Before no incident since in the story it never actually states she was raped. it was illuded to but never confirmed. People are quick to jump to conclusions since I had several options for how it all went down. I'm settled on one right now which ties in with what is said earlier in the story. Once again allowed since the word rape was never once mentioned within the dialogue itself. But some people read the comments before downloading said game. I know because I do it myself. Said games suffer for it. But, as all games are, you will either like it or dislike it.
It never ceases to amaze me. Whenever a serious writer tries to put pertinent RL situations in a story, out come the self-proclaimed experts and critics, spewing forth their pedantic euphemisms in an effort to dictate what can and cannot be included. I find stories like yours, dakskello, refreshing and entertaining. Keep up the good work and try not to mind the trolls and snowflakes. It would be so great if they would just:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It never ceases to amaze me. Whenever a serious writer tries to put pertinent RL situations in a story, out come the self-proclaimed experts and critics, spewing forth their pedantic euphemisms in an effort to dictate what can and cannot be included. I find stories like yours, dakskello, refreshing and entertaining. Keep up the good work and try not to mind the trolls and snowflakes. It would be so great if they would just:

As long as we aren't forced view the scene, I personally am not bothered. Everyone has a history, some are just more traumatic than others.

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
Updated my Mod for the game. But realized I even havn't posted it here on F95 before... (I'm getting old).
The Mod adds some more game settings (textbox opacity/textsize etc) and choice recommendations (WT).

===============================================
July 21, 2023
Updated my Mod for the new game version v0.05

Attention: it is highly recommended to restart with game version v0.05!
(some changed game variables)
I made therefore a save at the end of v0.04, available below.

===============================================

Download Mod v0.05 (~3MB)
Workupload -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.05 (~166MB)
Workupload -

Additional downloads:
Save from the end of v0.04
Workupload
(extract it into the .../game/saves folder)

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 2687124 View attachment 2687125 View attachment 2687126 View attachment 2687127 View attachment 2687129
every time you click mod menu in the quick bar game crashes

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 729, in script
    gaffer "Aye lad. Take a seat son."
  File "game/Z_KoGa3Mod.rpy", line 224, in execute
    screen KoGa3GameSettings:
  File "game/Z_KoGa3Mod.rpy", line 228, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/Z_KoGa3Mod.rpy", line 241, in execute
    if not _menu:
  File "game/Z_KoGa3Mod.rpy", line 281, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/Z_KoGa3Mod.rpy", line 282, in execute
    textbutton ("Game progress (info):  [KoGa3GameProgress]"):
NameError: Name 'KoGa3GameProgress' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    vbox:
    if not _menu:
    hbox:
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1688, in _scope
    return self.set_text(self.text_parameter, scope, self.substitute, update)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1712, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Going for goal 0.05
Fri Jul 21 14:58:59 2023

darkskello

Going For Goal Dev
Game Developer
May 3, 2022
So the mother gut raped or not
And are we forced the view the scene
What actually happened to her will eventually be revealed both on and off her route. You can still speculate on what happened otherwise it would be a spoiler to say what is planned. But since the word Rape is never mentioned in the dialogue, you will not see any sort of rape scene. The whole thing was created for a sub story within the story allowing two separate stories to occur at once. All I will reveal is that Victor will be very shocked

Reactions: Juv3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
every time you click mod menu in the quick bar game crashes

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    vbox:
    if not _menu:
    hbox:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    vbox:
    if not _menu:
    hbox:
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1688, in _scope
    return self.set_text(self.text_parameter, scope, self.substitute, update)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1712, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
  File "J:\0_My Fav_Ones\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\Goingforgoal-0.05-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Going for goal 0.05
Fri Jul 21 14:58:59 2023
I assume you tried to load an old save. I recommed to restart with game v0.05 (or use my save from the end of v0.04), there this issue should not occur.

3.00 star(s) 8 Votes