Oct 21, 2023
It's currently a mix. Pretty much all the newer scenes are rigged and animated in engine and some of the older scenes have been redone too. Basically if it looks crisper and smoother than it used to it's "Live2D."
Well, then in that case - there's zero reason not to use RenPy, since it has Live2D integration xD

RobotMenace

Feb 28, 2022
If godot RE works, then you should be able to just recompile in godot itself, unless its .NET godot
It's not the mono build but it looks to be using Spine which I think is currently only available as a module and not as a plugin/GDExtension. It's also using Dialogue Manager too so either way a custom build of GD RE Tools with some changes will be needed to extract everything
And you'll need to build Godot with the Spine module for that and to rebuild the game anyway. All perfectly doable but I'm not prepared to upload my own builds of the entire game and think some sort of modloader would be much more flexible and user friendly in the long run.

Oct 21, 2023
It's not using Live2D the product. That's why I said "Live2D" ;)
Oh, missread it. It's been years since I worked with Godot, but I assume Spine to work basically the same, soooo I stand my case.
It's also using Dialogue Manager too
Wait, so they had even complete dialogues system from the asset library?
This makes the fiasco that the current build is even more funny. And sad. Sunny.

goodbye eternity lol
Goodbye Goodbye Eternity

Unironically, it would be amazing if devs were competent enough to write something with this DDLC 4th wall breaking vibe.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT CURSED IMAGE? It moves when I type those words right now ;_;

Reactions: BogdanD1324

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
It's not the mono build but it looks to be using Spine which I think is currently only available as a module and not as a plugin/GDExtension. It's also using Dialogue Manager too so either way a custom build of GD RE Tools with some changes will be needed to extract everything
And you'll need to build Godot with the Spine module for that and to rebuild the game anyway. All perfectly doable but I'm not prepared to upload my own builds of the entire game and think some sort of modloader would be much more flexible and user friendly in the long run.
Android build is "unpacked" so for the incest patch should theoretically be as simple as extracting the apk, replacing translation with modified file, repack/sign and then hopefully profit? .gd script files are also unpacked here, but not sure if they can be modified since i have not tried.
godot.png
godot2.png

santigr27

Jul 26, 2017
I think for the first time in a while I am sad about a game. I haven't feel like this since the Summertime saga situation, but somehow this feels worse because I don't see a big reason to change the engines, more when your game has a so much content already with good quality, the time between updates is fair enough and it seems to be working well for everybody. And on top of that, you decide to work only on Vulkan and leave OpenGL behind, why?? I simply don't get this decision. Even a creator like NoMeme that change from Renpy to Godot between their games decided to still work with OpenGL. I don't see a reason important enough to go with this route. I can play this game in my other PC without problem, but I don't know if most of the player base of this game, even the supporters, are going to like this. Only time will tell.

Reactions: HCoel

UrMomis5738

Nov 27, 2020
I think for the first time in a while I am sad about a game. I haven't feel like this since the Summertime saga situation, but somehow this feels worse because I don't see a big reason to change the engines, more when your game has a so much content already with good quality, the time between updates is fair enough and it seems to be working well for everybody. And on top of that, you decide to work only on Vulkan and leave OpenGL behind, why?? I simply don't get this decision. Even a creator like NoMeme that change from Renpy to Godot between their games decided to still work with OpenGL. I don't see a reason important enough to go with this route. I can play this game in my other PC without problem, but I don't know if most of the player base of this game, even the supporters, are going to like this. Only time will tell.
RenPy is trash nowadays. Also, let me remind you about summetime saga, the tech update shit that darkscammer did took fucking years to develop while RNGeusEX only took months, let that sink in.

4.10 star(s) 179 Votes