goofy feature

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Some people just want to see what's new at the moment and don't want to have all the clutter that is on the front page... or...

1681077313425.png

Also mine's red.
1681077369386.png

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Some people just want to see what's new at the moment and don't want to have all the clutter that is on the front page... or...

View attachment 2534359

Also mine's red.
View attachment 2534361
mine turned red...
does f95 not have an offline version of the website he works on?
hopefully, he doesn't just slap experimental features on hoping it doesn't brick the site or something.

• Hey there
Reactions: F59

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
mine turned red...
does f95 not have an offline version of the website he works on?
hopefully, he doesn't just slap experimental features on hoping it doesn't brick the site or something.
Maybe it's already been experimented.
Maybe it's not experimental.
Maybe they are considering it for a new feature and tracking usage to see if it stays.
Maybe it's only one little icon taking up nearly no space in the header and shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Maybe it's already been experimented.
Maybe it's not experimental.
Maybe they are considering it for a new feature and tracking usage to see if it stays.
Maybe it's only one little icon taking up nearly no space in the header and shouldn't be that big of a deal.
it's back to grey now...

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
And mine is...
View attachment 2534623

Oh, well, I don't have one.

Apparently, sticking to the old and unsupported style have some advantages ;)

Edit: Don't worry russianbot, I still love you more.
The text box with an exclamation point is the same thing, just with a different look. It also wasn't there before today. And forced everything else to shift left to make room for it.

Reactions: russianbot

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
That thing tricked me in thinking someone had sent me a dm

-edit-
I might be wrong, but "what is new" always looked useless to me as the front page already shows what is new at the bottom, so it is kind of redundant unless it does more and I just haven't figured it out

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
That thing tricked me in thinking someone had sent me a dm

-edit-
I might be wrong, but "what is new" always looked useless to me as the front page already shows what is new at the bottom, so it is kind of redundant unless it does more and I just haven't figured it out
The "What's New" thumbnail didn't really bother me.
That said, the newer chat icon is.... fitting.
Like it Much better then "What's New"(no pun intended).

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The text box with an exclamation point is the same thing, just with a different look. It also wasn't there before today. And forced everything else to shift left to make room for it.
I'm old, not senile.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Indeed, a silly button to be mixed along with other more important notifications.

That stuff should be here alongside 'New posts' since that link already takes you to the 'What's new' page.
1681110172022.png