ThatFeelTemp

Feb 22, 2019
Since I had to read 5 pages of people just telling that if you cant make it work that means you are a mongoloid here it goes:
Here is my save
g1.jpg
Loading it just get me this
g2.jpg

Using the "Start" option leads to the same thing. No I didn't unpack in the previous game folder, it's a new one.
All it does is lead to a different main menu and not the game.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Since I had to read 5 pages of people just telling that if you cant make it work that means you are a mongoloid here it goes:
Here is my save
g1.jpg
g2.jpg

Using the "Start" option leads to the same thing. No I didn't unpack in the previous game folder, it's a new one.
The 3 rd save should be the one that works. and 1694472933071.png separate Folder.

• Angry
Reactions: ThatFeelTemp

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
Here is my save
g1.jpg
g2.jpg

Post your save. I can't do much without an error log but that might give me an idea.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
can't find the part 3 incest patch...the link only seems to have part 2. it does say .17+ so i'm hopeful. gonna try and use it and see if it works

Reactions: Guyin Cognito

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
do i need part 1 & part 2 to play part 3?
if so why is it split up into multiple parts? ever heard of delta patching ?
Yes you should play part 1 first then 2 and then 3 as for the split up
MoonBox cuts them off at 5gb for easier handling (like downloading through free Mega)

Reactions: BlueBasil

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Hello! I installed the update and when I tried to run just after the Moonbox screen I got the following message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ending.rpy', 1665499905, 0) is defined twice, at game/ending.rpy:2 and game/ending2.rpy:2.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ending.rpy', 1665499905, 0) is defined twice, at game/ending.rpy:2 and game/ending2.rpy:2.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

Mon Sep 11 19:27:41 2023

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Do I need to reinstall? Will the .38 update install cleanly over the .16 if I have to reinstall? I've played right up through .37. Thanks!

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Do I need to reinstall? Will the .38 update install cleanly over the .16 if I have to reinstall? I've played right up through .37. Thanks!
You have to have a save from .37 exactly where it says: Save Here. Then .38 will use that save only.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
so i skipped .37 and haven't played since .36...none of my saves work...do i have to restart the whole game?

Edit: ok, so i noticed that .37 was the end of part 2 so i need to play that then dl and install .38 then i should be able to play? correct?

BlueBasil

Jul 24, 2017
I feel like I missed half the fun today.:cry:

I accidentally read some of this VN! I couldn't help but follow the convoluted instructions and SAVE NOW!
Now I'm a surgical rocket brain engineer! seriously what am I going to do with that sort of qualification?

I'm also wondering if their has been a rash of food based bad date incidents for our beloved VN creators? Seems like there is a developing trend.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
so i skipped .37 and haven't played since .36...none of my saves work...do i have to restart the whole game?

Edit: ok, so i noticed that .37 was the end of part 2 so i need to play that then dl and install .38 then i should be able to play? correct?
Yes play .37 till the "SAVE NOW" screen and make a save on that screen, not before and not after that, on that screen then dl .38 put it in a seperate folder than part 2 and install ipatch or koga's mod if you want and you should be good to go.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
And here we are for Part 2 of "Unable to follow instructions", the Recap.

So, anyone having trouble with this, CLEARLY, didn't play Part 1. They are SO CLEVER, that they managed to cheat themselves out of half the game and start somewhere in Part 2, having no clue of how things went thus far.

They are now struggling to understand the simplest instructions, Save where they are told. No, I'll save where I want, but NEVER EVER where you tell me to. Now, it's the Dev's problem, fix my mistake, or I'll call you names.

So, after all, if saving where you're told is too complex, there's simply no other choice but euthanasia. Breathing is considerably more complex, eating, or drinking is magnitudes way more complex. Anyone having trouble following a simple instruction, is too far gone into the amoeba that they quite probably can't even read, much less speak.

"No son, that's not room temperature, that's your IQ" said their ashamed father, seconds before he went out to buy smokes.

Peace :)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I think you didn't read my comment. Loading the third save leads to the second image, the one with a different main menu that leads nowhere.

"... and separate Folder."

Yes, that is also what I said I did, why are you repeating this?
You spoke about loading save and showed 4 and for me wasn't clear, which of them you meant and if you packed it in another folder,that is why I repeated it, plus I did the same and It doesn't show any problems, plus there is a save (https://f95zone.to/threads/grandmas-house-v0-38-moonbox.94140/post-11699900 namly mine, posted to start part 3) which when you had read a bit (what I asume since you are complaining that the regulars treat poeple which have problems like mongoloide ) could have tested of course My MC will not have the name of your choice but you see if it is a problem of your save or about the build.
By the way you start from that menu and choose load , load the 3rd save and it should start up with sofia and MC sleeping.
anyway Moonbox already answerd you and will look into your issue, for the rest I don't have to recive your agression so suit yourself.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 277 Votes