S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Not disagreeing with your point in general but it's kinda unobjective negatively rating a game for not having animations when there's no animations tag. That'd be like negatively rating the game because there's no necrophilia or NTR in it.
Yea no that's fair.

Though I do see animations as being different. It's the same as Sandbox or any other kinda meta tags. I understand taking those things into account for rating, but as I said, some people put too much weight on them. Things like this are more about how a game is made, and so do effect it's quality to one degree or another.

Kinda conflicted on your point about necro or NTR, because specifically those are things that don't lend themselves to most games, they wouldn't and couldn't be expected of most games. Where's something like animation, could, though shouldn't, be expected of most games.

All that said, it is typically better to judge for is in a game, than what is not. But what is not in something can also be important.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Kinda conflicted on your point about necro or NTR, because specifically those are things that don't lend themselves to most games, they wouldn't and couldn't be expected of most games. Where's something like animation, could, though shouldn't, be expected of most games.
Point was that anyone negatively reviewing the game because it didn't have that content would be ridiculous because there's no reason to expect the game would've had that content, kinda like animations. Like I get what you're saying and animations are a big thing for a lot of people, myself included but if there's no tag then there's no expectation and shouldn't be any disappointment. I think saying it'd be better with animations is fair play but impacting the rating because there aren't any isn't so much, especially for the odd loser giving it a 1-2 star review with no negatives other than no animations.
Then again I'm probably just salty because my 5* review was removed with no given reason other than "read the review rules" which I did before I posted it and I'm now barred from posting a new one.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Point was that anyone negatively reviewing the game because it didn't have that content would be ridiculous because there's no reason to expect the game would've had that content, kinda like animations. Like I get what you're saying and animations are a big thing for a lot of people, myself included but if there's no tag then there's no expectation and shouldn't be any disappointment. I think saying it'd be better with animations is fair play but impacting the rating because there aren't any isn't so much, especially for the odd loser giving it a 1-2 star review with no negatives other than no animations.
Then again I'm probably just salty because my 5* review was removed with no given reason other than "read the review rules" which I did before I posted it and I'm now barred from posting a new one.
That only tells us that your "review ethic" is high and if I read a review from you, it becomes more weightfull in the decision to play a game or not.
most of the reviews are writen under other user accounts, and the review system has become a tool, either to force the promotion of the game, or to directly harm and punish the Dev. and the Game by giving misleading information to new gamers,
of course the so highly valued freedom of opinion degenerated to a mere cover to troll the Game developer.
anyway let put this topic to the rest before we get nuked for being off topic.

3.90 star(s) 281 Votes